WK 4 Wellston (2-1) @ Oak Hill (2-1)

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

WK 4 Wellston (2-1) @ Oak Hill (2-1)

Post by Blue Duck »

This should be a great game. Whoever makes the least mistakes and wins the battle up front will come away with the Win in my opinion. Looking forward to it! Go Rockets!!!!!

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Re: WK 4 Wellston (2-1) @ Oak Hill (2-1)

Post by Da Bears »

Wellston has the better "athlete" at QB. Oak Hill has a better passing QB and I think they are a little better on the OL. Turnovers and/or a penalty will be the difference. I think Oak Hill wins by 2 TD's.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Wellston

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I think oak hill will win this game. Strong rushing attack and fundamental defense, and minimal mistakes will lead the oaks to victory!

Rocket Proud
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket Proud »

I think it will go down to the last few minutes. Rockets in a close one.

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

Rockets by 6.

thechosenone
Varsity

Post by thechosenone »

gonna be a close game but i believe up until athens game wellston won't lose

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

The game is at Oak Hill but I can't help but like the Rockets here. Oaks lose a good player with ACL injury and Rockets I believe are all healthy. Wellston by 3.

Rocket Proud
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket Proud »

Thanks to Oaks Band for organizing tribute to Lt. Byus. It is much appreciated. In our communities when the chips are down we support each other. I will never forget the standing ovation that the Oaks received for the patriotic show in Wellston the game after 9/11. Good luck to both teams tonight. I hope it is a great game and injury free.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Oaks by 2 points. 28-26

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

I'll take oaks by 7. 21-14

Oakie_Dokie
Waterboy

Post by Oakie_Dokie »

Where are you At BLUE DUCK?? That's is what I call a steam roll! Just admit I was right you was wrong so we can settle this!!!

ncbucki
Waterboy

Post by ncbucki »

Oak Hill up 40-6 at end of 3rd.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

What in the world happened ?

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

Post by wrestlersdad6766 »

Viking96 wrote:What in the world happened ?
I'll tell you what happened it was about the worst I've seen a golden rocket team play since '08 during that dreadful 0-10 season. 6 yes I said 6 first half fumbles 5 of which were turnovers. Oak Hill came out and smacked Wellston in the mouth with an opening onside kick then drove right down there throat for a quick 7-0 lead. On Wellston's first possession it was a quick 3 and out play 1 hand off for no gain play 2 bad snap over the qb's head and play 3 was a qb draw on 3rd and long? Then oak hill started using some double moves on the edge with our young CB's that would bite every time and with a nice display of passing and wide open receiver's another quick score. Which lead to the only drive that wellston showed up for that gave us our only 6. After that it was more double moves with strong running and turnovers for a 40-6 score before the half. Didn't stay for the second half due to the running clock but heard Oak Hill had the ball the whole 3rd quarter and minute into the 4th before wellston got the ball kind of kills the thought of a miracle there but oh well play sound football and you won't find your self in those situations. Sad way to end a great series since the teams will not be meeting up again for the foreseeable future

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Congrats on the win. In reading the post it seems one team came ready to play while the other stayed in the locker room.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

This game baffles me. Wellston has too much talent to be losing 40-6 at halftime. What's missing down there ?

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

Viking96 wrote:This game baffles me. Wellston has too much talent to be losing 40-6 at halftime. What's missing down there ?
6 or 7 turnovers is the reason why it was 40-6 at halftime. plain and simple. Wellston is a good team when they take care of the football. The week before they dominated the game offensively, and they had 0 turnovers. Its not the end of the world. Their 2-2 with a lot more football to play

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Blue Duck wrote:
Viking96 wrote:This game baffles me. Wellston has too much talent to be losing 40-6 at halftime. What's missing down there ?
6 or 7 turnovers is the reason why it was 40-6 at halftime. plain and simple. Wellston is a good team when they take care of the football. The week before they dominated the game offensively, and they had 0 turnovers. Its not the end of the world. Their 2-2 with a lot more football to play
I like to think that half of those could have been good defense and good tackling. 3 were on kickoffs so that could have been could scouting.

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

MightyOaksFan wrote:
Blue Duck wrote:
I like to think that half of those could have been good defense and good tackling. 3 were on kickoffs so that could have been could scouting.
Yes, absolutely. Taking nothing away from Oak Hill. They were clearly ready to play and ofcourse they caused those turnovers,.. They were the opposing team. But when you turn the ball over 7 times against a good team and they are able to capitalize on most of those turnovers, its not hard to be down fast when you give the ball away 7 times. Good luck to Oak Hill the rest of the year.

Return to “Football”