Game Report Nelsonville York 9 Newark Catholic 00

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Game Report Nelsonville York 9 Newark Catholic 00

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Tonight in Nelsonville the Newark Catholic Green Wave and their struggling offense, with a wide receiver turned quarterback limped into town to square off with the Buckeyes. The Buckeyes offense scored fourteen points in their loss last week,so I as many others felt this would be a low scoring game.

The Buckeyes would get all of the points they needed with 3:55 left in the opening quarter. The Newark Catholic long snapper managed to snap the ball over the head of 6-6 Nick Cavinee, who was lined up to punt the ball out of his own end zone, after the Green Wave offense started the night miserably once again. The made the score, 2-0 in the home teams favor.

The Newark Catholic defense had stopped the Nelsonville offense on a fourth and one with 6:38 left in the quarter to set the offense up but as I posted it went for not.

On the free kick the Buckeyes got a nice return from their 35-yard line all the way out to the Newark Catholic 36 BY Jeremy Warren, with 3:46 left in the fast moving, slow action opening quarter.

The Buckeyes would score the games only touchdown with 11:53 left in the half,when Alex Mount scored easily from six-yards out on a sweep. The Buckeyes were facing a fourth and five at the time. The point after kick increased the lead to, 9-0.

The Green wave offense got one of their only nice plays with 11:04 left int he half when, Wes Jurden broke loose for a 30-yard gain. He was stopped by Donovan Ross before he could do any more damage.

With 10:11 left in the quarter and the Green Wave looking like they might find the end zone put the ball on the ground and coming up with it for the Buckeyes was Ross.

Nelsonville would have taken a 15-0 lead with 3:22 left in the half but, Warren dropped a pass in the end zone and then was hit hard enough to be shaken up on the play.

The clock showed 11:26 left in the third when Jack Wollenburg had a wide receiver wide open but his pass landed in another zip code as it fell incomplete.

Then with 9:52 left in the quarter again Wollenburg had a receiver wide opened and again his pass was not close to the receiver and again falling incomplete killing any momentum the Green Wave might have built.

With 5:10 showing on the clock and the Mighty Mites, also known as the Newark Catholic defensive line bending but not often breaking got punched in the mouth when, 5-9 203 Noah Andrews plowed through for a easy first down on a fourth and one play. Andrews looked like John Riggins going through the Cleveland Browns line on this play.

With 3:02 left in the quarter the Buckeyes quarterback put the ball on the ground and coming out of the pile with the ball was a Green Wave player. The announcer who seemed to omit the name of Green Wave players on plays like this left the fans hanging as he moved right to the next play. Overall he, the announcer did a good job of calling out players names especially the home team. He did mess up on the Green Waves quarterbacks names as he constantly called Kris Goodman, Wollenburg.

10:18 was left in the game when Wollenburg coughed the ball up and everyone in the stadium knew that Jakob Talbert made the recovery as his name came loudly across the P.A.system speakers.

Kris Goodman the Newark Catholic back up QB enter the game and for a split second managed to bring the visitors side crowd to their feet, when he connected on a long pass to Luke Ceneviva, who was once again wide opened.

On 3rd and 8 and 4th and 8 Goodman showed how poorly the Newark Catholic quarterback situation is when he missed badly on two throws.

The last bit of life for Newark Catholic came with 6:20 left in the game, when the Buckeyes again put the ball on the ground and a Green Wave defender came up with it. Missing on the Speakers once again was the players name making the recovery.

UNOFFICIAL STATS
NEWARK CATHOLIC
44 PLAYS
114 YARDS
PASSING 8-18

NELSONVILLE YORK
71 PLAYS
286 YARDS
PASSING 2-6

This marked the first time I had ever asked for a media pass for putting out these articles on several message boards sites that I was turned down. Even the Public Schools in Dayton issues passes for this.
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

bird78
Varsity

Re: Game Report Nelsonville York 9 Newark Catholic 00

Post by bird78 »

NEWARK CATHOLIC FAN :shock: out 0f 30,000 post...this is youre worst......don't bash 2 kids like that.....takes everyone to win.....these kids read this alot..... 8) why not give NY credit......their ''D'''just played BETTER.... :shock: AND FOR THE fans TO GIVE A STANDING OVATION TO THE BACKUP IS ABOUT THE CLASSLESS THING HAVE EVER HEARD :122247 ....GUESS SHOWS HOW CLASSLESS AND SPOILED THEY ARE......and can see why you was turned down on other sites for trying to huinliate high school kids....... :evil:
Last edited by bird78 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

bird78 wrote:NEWARK CATHOLIC FAN :shock: out 0f 30,000 post...this is youre worst......don't bash 2 kids like that.....takes everyone to win.....these kids read this alot..... 8) why not give NY credit......their ''D'''just played BETTER.... :shock:
The defense really had nothing to do with horrible passes that landed no where close to their targets.

I praise effort way more than I am critical of it.

Funny how that goes unnoticed.

Just as it has in the Fisher Catholic/Newark Catholic thread.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

WHATEVER BUD.......you still are putting down 2 kids who are trying......NAYBE YOU SHOULD GO TO PRATICE AND SHOW HOW TO THROW A SPIRAL.......GET A LIFE and quit singleing out 2 kids for losing a gane....and when read that they give a standing ovation......THATS CLASSLESS.....and don't care who you are :oops: hopefully coaches can turn the QB situation around.........but its classless AND SO ARE YOU FOR THIS POST :shock: :!: :idea:

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Whatever.
Show me where I said anything about trowing a SPIRAL.

Please post that for me.

Never mind you can't because that word was not in the game report. :oops:

05buckeye
JV Team

Post by 05buckeye »

and what was the reasoning for no press pass?
oh thats right your not a writer for a newspaper. sorry but i see why you didnt.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Lmao now that's funny !!

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

05buckeye wrote:and what was the reasoning for no press pass?
oh thats right your not a writer for a newspaper. sorry but i see why you didnt.
Even though this may not have happened, it wouldn't be far-fetched to say someone from the local media (whomever that may be) told the folks not to give NCF one since he does a better write-up than 95% of local small town sportswriters do.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

So, when you stopped to get gas to get to the game did you get free gas cause you are a self proclaimed "media man".
Did you also get a free meal cause you are a "media man"?
Who is your publisher?
Who is your editor?
With proper credentials you wouldn't have been denied.
What was the price of admission $5.00?.
YOUR post wasn't even worth the price of admission.
Thank God they don't let self proclaimed forum coaches in free,,, as there would be no gate at all...
You sir are nothing but a whiner.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Web sites like southeasternohiopreps are not considered 'media' - no matter how good or bad or how hard you work on a recap/story.

That is a fact, not an opinion.

They are message boards, nothing more, nothing less. Or I guess you could label them social media as well.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

:122248 unbelievable the stuff on here.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

A press pass? lmao............

What paper do you write for?

Thanks for the big laugh.
You are so full of yourself.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Well being ALL OF THE SCHOOLS I HAVE CONTACTED BUT ONE HAVE LEFT A PASS, including schools in Kentucky I am going to go with nope not full of myself.

It wasn't a that big of a deal.

I purchased my ticket enjoyed a hard payed game between to pretty evenly matched schools at a great location to watch a game.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

YOU ARE NOT MEDIA !!!!
YOU have NO right to ask for, or be given a media pass.
I applaud the NY worker that had enough insight to deny
your free-loaden rump. And thwart your thievery from the school system.
Everybody wants and thinks they deserve something for free.
Get a clue!!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Dishonesty at its best right there!!

You write half*ssed game reports for message boards, you are not paid in any way to do this and you take advantage of the kindness of the folks at these schools.
SHAME ON YOU!

Rocket Proud
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket Proud »

Big win for the Bucks, Congrats

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

Orange and Brown wrote:Dishonesty at its best right there!!

You write half*ssed game reports for message boards, you are not paid in any way to do this and you take advantage of the kindness of the folks at these schools.
SHAME ON YOU!
Not that I'm trying to stand up for NCF but I'm going to be the Devil's Advocate here: I know of at least a couple places that require an authorization and/or simply ask who the guy wanting a press pass writes for. You don't just walk in and they give you a darn pass because you want one. I fail to see how this is dishonesty if more schools don't ask what paper he writes for or if they think "internet press writer" is a totally legit thing for them to burn a pass on.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

What is keeping anyone & everyone who puts information on facebook, preps, jjhuddle or any other social media site from trying to obtain passes? Seems to me you would have to draw the line somewhere or you'll have 50 people trying to sit in the press box.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

The FC Fan wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:Dishonesty at its best right there!!

SHAME ON YOU!
Not that I'm trying to stand up for NCF but I'm going to be the Devil's Advocate here: I know of at least a couple places that require an authorization and/or simply ask who the guy wanting a press pass writes for. You don't just walk in and they give you a darn pass because you want one. I fail to see how this is dishonesty if more schools don't ask what paper he writes for or if they think "internet press writer" is a totally legit thing for them to burn a pass on.

As I believe I have posted before.

I let each school know of all of the sites the game reports will be on, when I e-mail them.
Unless I am at a game in which a high school is playing in a college or pro stadium I set in the stands.
Even when attending a game in a pro stadium I set in the stands unless it is raining or friends I have made ask me to come up to the box.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I have to agree with Orange and Brown on this one, bud. I could understand if you wrote for The Athens Messenger or Columbus Dispatch. You're a self-proclaimed, self-glorified forum sports writer. That's taking money from every school district that you do that to. If Newark Catholic wants you to do that, then by all means let them do that at their home field. In an area like South-Eastern Ohio where money is hard to come by, each school needs every dime they can collect, and they still may fall in the red for a game. If you were that good of a writer, someone would hire you to write. You're taking from school districts and even more importantly, from high school athletics. In my opinion, that's honestly pathetic, and I don't care if you've been doing it for years or decades.

Return to “Football”