Trae Williams commits to Ohio University

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Trae Williams commits to Ohio University

Post by 93Bulldog »

Congrats to that young man.

A Buckeye and a Bobcat in the Bulldogs backfield this fall. Should be an exciting year for the 'Dogs

local superstar
All State

Re: Trae Williams commits to Ohio University

Post by local superstar »

Great to hear and congratulations to this young man.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Good for him.
Hopefully he sees the field.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Great kid---he will be successful there, In school as well as the field.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congratulations trae Williams.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

93Bulldog wrote:Congrats to that young man.

A Buckeye and a Bobcat in the Bulldogs backfield this fall. Should be an exciting year for the 'Dogs
Thanks for the reminder 93. LOL. Big congrats to Trea. Great kid. Great student athlete. Oh yeah I almost forgot.......has anyone heard from paladin.... Must have cut himself another piece of that good old crow pie. No comment again.HAHAHA. :lol:

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Paladin is very much still here. The problem , of course , is that while some schollies have been offered, it remains to be seen if they are worthy, and get to play or ride the bench. My position is that some people are over rating some area players. And we won't know for several years yet if the schollies were justified.. Coaches make mistakes all the time in recruiting. So do players who go and find out the competition is much better than them. I've called into doubt the playetrs abilities for the D-I level. And that won't be known for several years yet.

Paladin lives ! :lol:

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Paladin wrote:Paladin is very much still here. The problem , of course , is that while some schollies have been offered, it remains to be seen if they are worthy, and get to play or ride the bench. My position is that some people are over rating some area players. And we won't know for several years yet if the schollies were justified.. Coaches make mistakes all the time in recruiting. So do players who go and find out the competition is much better than them. I've called into doubt the playetrs abilities for the D-I level. And that won't be known for several years yet.

AT LEAST THEY ARE BEING CONSIDERED, WHICH IS AN HONOR IN ITSELF!
Sooo Paladork how many D1 AD's are asking YOU to be a part of their program?
I really didn't think so :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Paladin wrote:Paladin is very much still here. The problem , of course , is that while some schollies have been offered, it remains to be seen if they are worthy, and get to play or ride the bench. My position is that some people are over rating some area players. And we won't know for several years yet if the schollies were justified.. Coaches make mistakes all the time in recruiting. So do players who go and find out the competition is much better than them. I've called into doubt the playetrs abilities for the D-I level. And that won't be known for several years yet.

Okay, so now instead of receiving the D1 offer the rules have changed lol and we must now wait to see how the offer or "schollies" pan out after a couple years. Of course when a couple years come and the players have excelled then Palidoom will think of another rule change.

Just like at halftime last year in the TV vs. Athen play-off game he was gloating only to eat a large crow which as I recall required him to take about a 8-day sabbatical from commenting lol.

Look forward to your inevitable crow eating performance that you put on every year...it is fantastic entertainment for us dumb ole hill jacks here in SE Ohio

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Funny that wasn't his position when the conversation first arose. It was there is no D1 talent in SE Ohio. Now that D1 schools have offered which means they are D1 talented kids the position is it remains to be seen. We all know you don't get recruited by D1 schools if you are not a D1 talent. paladin claims to have been a scout. I think we all see he is what he is. A Fake. A hater. And someone who will not admit he is wrong. What a clown. I also look forward to his posts. They should be even more entertaining now that he has exposed his self for what he is. A wannabe know it all who knows nothing at all.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

An offer of a D-I schollie is NOT indicative of D-I talent. That is YET to be proven. As stated, coaches makes mistakes all the time in recruiting . That's why lots of players transfer out and down to sub D-I schools to play rather than riding the bench for all 4 ( or 5) years. Some coaches pull schollies as well. And some stay while riding the bench, content on getting their education on the coaches mistake while not playing. No one is changing anything. My position is that the players are suspect at being able to play their recruited position at D-I. Nothing more, nothing less as it has always been. You wish to "jump" the gun. The answer is not yet known and will take a few years to know.

Some also never play because of other factors ( grades, test scores, personal problems, legal problems, injury, etc). Not just ability. But that's another subject.

Paladin remains a shrewd judge of talent. 8)

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

If the kid was from a central or north team you would be praising his abilities. Your vendetta against SE Ohio continues to make you look silly. Living in the Youngstown/Warren Ohio area doesn't make you an expert on anything!!!

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

I can see that your still online so lets read your biased and incompetent response!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Paladin wrote:An offer of a D-I schollie is NOT indicative of D-I talent. That is YET to be proven. As stated, coaches makes mistakes all the time in recruiting . That's why lots of players transfer out and down to sub D-I schools to play rather than riding the bench for all 4 ( or 5) years. Some coaches pull schollies as well. And some stay while riding the bench, content on getting their education on the coaches mistake while not playing. No one is changing anything. My position is that the players are suspect at being able to play their recruited position at D-I. Nothing more, nothing less as it has always been. You wish to "jump" the gun. The answer is not yet known and will take a few years to know.
Lol, whaaaaaaaat? You say "An offer of a D1 scollie in NOT indicative of D-1 talent". Dumbest thing I have read this morning (but the morning is young). Of course it is indicative of D-1 talent otherwise they wouldn't have been recruited. Everyone has to prove themselves, that is a given in anything, but the the underlying fact is a D-1 schollie IS INDICATIVE of D-1 talent. I doubt Urban makes it a habit of going around burning D-1 scholarship offers to D-3 talent lol. Clearly the player then needs to perform that is a statement of the obvious. You have changed your premise now that several kids have gotten recognition after you were blubbering about how they did not possess D-1 talent last year...yep you look dumb (again).

With respect to waiting a couple years, well hmmmm, you know that fullback named Pendleton from Portsmouth West, you know the one that caught the touchdown pass for Michigan State in that little contest they call the Rose Bowl on ABC in Pasadena every New Years? Looks like he passes the two year Palidork test. Or how about the Prater kid from Wellston playing at Northwest that is projected to see some playing time this year in addition to his special teams performances as a freshman/sophomore...I think that probably passes the 2-year test as well.

My guess is Burrow, Williams from Athens and Williams from Jackson who all have offers from D-1 schools will in two years will once again silence you and all the nonsensical jibberish that spews from your keyboard.

Look forward to seeing these three and all the other SE Ohio student athletes play this year.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Looks like Palicrap is trying to play expert again lol
Just ignore him folks, he is just a sad lonely old geezer who doesn't have much of a life and loves bashing kids. He gets his kicks doing it and pissing people off in the process.

I'm sure when Mr Burrow is throwing touchdown passes at Ohio State he will still be talking crop about him because it makes him feel better about himself.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I am very happy where I'm at. Unfortunately I sit in one of the HOTBEDS of Ohio H.S. football where hundreds of colleges seek out the local talents of LEGITIMATE D-I players. Each week I go out to watch an area game I see future Pros, college All Americans, starters for many Big 10 teams among other schools. Iggy, Eds, Mooney, Ursuline, Harding , Fitch, Boardman, McKinley, Mentor, Glenville, Massillon, Steubenville, etc are on display among others. I'll see smaller Hubbard play this year with two running backs that are committed to Mich. St. and Ohio St.. My little area turns out 20-30 D-I players every year. The rest of NEO turns out more D-I players than almost the rest of the state COMBINED. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't be so quick to count those TD passes from Burrow just yet. 8)

P.S. -- I'll admit watching all the real D-I players up here makes me blink. But then down south its been a fantasy for years, :oops:
Last edited by Paladin on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Paladin - you have turned into a joke. Be an adult and let this go.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

If you check the thread, I made no comment here until someone took a shot at me. Then, I defended myself. If you want to point fingers, point where it started. Best tell others to let it go. I can defend myself, thank you..................

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Not here to argue, the fact of the matter is these are TEENAGE KIDS

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Fact of the matter is this is a sports site. We are on the football threads. Threads here run pro & con on teams, players and coaches. If you just want to be a cheerleader, go try-out for your local squad. Opinions are open. No one said anything about a local "star" not being a "star", just questioning the talent level ( D-I,D-II. NAIA, D-III,etc). Sounds to me like you want to argue about someones opinion .

And I didn't start it here on this thread.

Understand English ?

Return to “Football”