WEEK 2: Wellston vs. Huntington Ross

Whodey
Freshman Team

WEEK 2: Wellston vs. Huntington Ross

Post by Whodey »

I think the Rockets move to 1-1 and get on track...any thoughts?

vctransplant
All Conference

Re: WEEK 2: Wellston vs. Huntington Ross

Post by vctransplant »

I agree.

panthers05
Waterboy

Post by panthers05 »

Look for the Rockets to move to 1-1 with a much needed W. Get some confidence rolling and you never know what could happen with the schedule they have, it's much easier than teams in the past. Go Rockets

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Rockets roll in this one. Rockets by 4 touchdowns.

WHO DEY
Waterboy

Post by WHO DEY »

A lot easier schedule than in years past? It's the same. Huntington replaced Southeastern and West replaced Oak Hill. Pretty much same schedule IMO. I look for the Rockets to get a victory Friday night.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Wellston gets the W

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

As bad as I hate too agree with D Don I look for a big W for the Rockets!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Wellston 33
Huntington 13

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Eaglescout wrote:A lot easier schedule than in years past? It's the same. Huntington replaced Southeastern and West replaced Oak Hill. Pretty much same schedule IMO. I look for the Rockets to get a victory Friday night.
I believe West in most years is an upgrade over Oak Hill. Wellston should roll in this one

ViKiNgEttE
Waterboy

Post by ViKiNgEttE »

Wellston starts something this Friday by rolling Huntington Ross, They looked a lot better passing the ball Saturday night and the offense as a whole looked a little better than it was in the Jamboree game.. Defense needs to button up a few things but this should be a good game to rotate guys and figure out what will work. Wellston will need to learn to capitalize on turnover's if the opportunity present's itself this Friday like it did this past Saturday.

Wellston: 35
Huntington Ross: 7

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

It's good that the bottle rockets have this game after the drubbing from Jackson. A nice easy win for them this week and a chance to rest some players that might be banged up from Jackson. Come on bottle rockets we need the playoff points. :mrgreen:

FEAR the 3

ViKiNgEttE
Waterboy

Post by ViKiNgEttE »

Ground Buck wrote:It's good that the bottle rockets have this game after the drubbing from Jackson. A nice easy win for them this week and a chance to rest some players that might be banged up from Jackson. Come on bottle rockets we need the playoff points. :mrgreen:

FEAR the 3
And here we go again.... Just because NY beat the Tomcats doesn't mean your back on top.... As far as I am concerned I don't think there is a "3" to fear. Just a "1". You worry about Newark Catholic and We will worry about Huntington Ross.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Gusmacker11 wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:It's good that the bottle rockets have this game after the drubbing from Jackson. A nice easy win for them this week and a chance to rest some players that might be banged up from Jackson. Come on bottle rockets we need the playoff points. :mrgreen:

FEAR the 3
And here we go again.... Just because NY beat the Tomcats doesn't mean your back on top.... As far as I am concerned I don't think there is a "3" to fear. Just a "1". You worry about Newark Catholic and We will worry about Huntington Ross.
Gus,

Go get the Huntsmen. We need to the playoff points. :mrgreen:

FEAR the 3

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

FEAR the 3
Not sure even how we will compete against Nelsonville and the fab 3 after that 12-7 beatdown last year.

We return everyone as well and we could use the points too so go beat NC Air Doe.

ViKiNgEttE
Waterboy

Post by ViKiNgEttE »

Ground Buck wrote:
Gusmacker11 wrote:

FEAR the 3
Gus,

Go get the Huntsmen. We need to the playoff points. :mrgreen:

FEAR the 3
As long as you promise to beat NC so we can get our playoff points :mrgreen:

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Dandy Don wrote:

FEAR the 3
Not sure even how we will compete against Nelsonville and the fab 3 after that 12-7 beatdown last year.

We return everyone as well and we could use the points too so go beat NC Air Doe.

Glad to see you back DilDoe after that beat down you took from Jackson, which I accurately predicted if I must. :mrgreen: Just thankful you didn't go out and do anything crazy after those ridiculous statements you were making about how great the bottle rockets were going to be. BTW did the fizzling rockets return any KO's for TD's? :mrgreen:

panthers05
Waterboy

Post by panthers05 »

Eaglescout wrote:A lot easier schedule than in years past? It's the same. Huntington replaced Southeastern and West replaced Oak Hill. Pretty much same schedule IMO. I look for the Rockets to get a victory Friday night.

I'm talking about the Rockets who played, West Jefferson, Minford, Waverly. The schedule the Rockets have had the last few years is a lot easier than those of the teams from the early to late 2000's.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Wellston rolls . Wellston has a good football team. They can easily have a 6-4 7-3 or even an 8-2 season . They may even go 9-1 if they can slow down Athens . Wellston is as talented as nelsonville and west hasn't gelled yet. I believe they will uoset some teams this year so keep sleeping on wellston. If in wrong I won't be the only poster to have fried crow this season

panthers05
Waterboy

Post by panthers05 »

Viking96 wrote:Wellston rolls . Wellston has a good football team. They can easily have a 6-4 7-3 or even an 8-2 season . They may even go 9-1 if they can slow down Athens . Wellston is as talented as nelsonville and west hasn't gelled yet. I believe they will uoset some teams this year so keep sleeping on wellston. If in wrong I won't be the only poster to have fried crow this season

I would have to agree with you. They're the sleeper team in Southern Ohio. Look forwarded too seeing how the Rockets play this weekend.

cgqb5
Waterboy

Post by cgqb5 »

WELLSTON LOOKED VERY WEAK UP FRONT ON OFFENSE,HOPFULLY THEY ARE BETTER THIS WEEK,NEED TO SEE MORE OF #7 COX WITH THE BALL IN HIS HANDS TO BE SUCCESSFUL THIS SEASON!!! ROCKETS SHOULD COME AWAY WITH A WIN THIS FRIDAY... GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Football”