radiodavel
JV Team

Offseason 7-on-7 Competition Approved By Ohio High School Athletic Association

Post by radiodavel »

Offseason 7-on-7 Competition Approved By Ohio High School Athletic Association
https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2024 ... ssociation

bfry
JV Team

Re: Offseason 7-on-7 Competition Approved By Ohio High School Athletic Association

Post by bfry »

AAU Football

MVLfan
Riding the Bench

Re: Offseason 7-on-7 Competition Approved By Ohio High School Athletic Association

Post by MVLfan »

Very curious to see what transpires from this. Will schools create spring schedules within their league? Or is this benefitting mostly big schools and top prospects?

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

I don’t like it. I’m more worried some coaches will turn this into a “play football, 7 on 7, or else” deal. Most coaches in small schools are great about supporting each others program and accommodating with other coaches, but I can see some taking advantage of this. I also think this can come back and hurt smaller schools (Especially your East, Notre Dame, Green, South Gallia) if they implement 7 on 7. You can get away with this with Cincinnati/Columbus area schools where you have 1000+ kids to choose from, but it won’t be beneficial in other areas.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Old heads bout to be mad over nothing over this. 😭

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

OVC wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:19 pm I don’t like it. I’m more worried some coaches will turn this into a “play football, 7 on 7, or else” deal. Most coaches in small schools are great about supporting each others program and accommodating with other coaches, but I can see some taking advantage of this. I also think this can come back and hurt smaller schools (Especially your East, Notre Dame, Green, South Gallia) if they implement 7 on 7. You can get away with this with Cincinnati/Columbus area schools where you have 1000+ kids to choose from, but it won’t be beneficial in other areas.
😭😭

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:29 pm
OVC wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:19 pm I don’t like it. I’m more worried some coaches will turn this into a “play football, 7 on 7, or else” deal. Most coaches in small schools are great about supporting each others program and accommodating with other coaches, but I can see some taking advantage of this. I also think this can come back and hurt smaller schools (Especially your East, Notre Dame, Green, South Gallia) if they implement 7 on 7. You can get away with this with Cincinnati/Columbus area schools where you have 1000+ kids to choose from, but it won’t be beneficial in other areas.

Lmao and like clockwork

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Tri_State79 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:30 pm

Lmao and like clockwork
Just giving my opinion. We live in the United States and are able to do so. Ironton will benefit from this as should Rock Hill, but the smaller schools not so much, especially when you rely on all of your athletes to thrive as an athletic program.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

These kids need a break from one sport to play another football 24/7 is not the answer.

SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderSammy »

I’m ok with it, But as long as “7 on 7” don’t start turning into full practices like some teams are already doing. Why have rules anyhow? lol

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

OVC wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:01 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:30 pm

Lmao and like clockwork
Just giving my opinion. We live in the United States and are able to do so. Ironton will benefit from this as should Rock Hill, but the smaller schools not so much, especially when you rely on all of your athletes to thrive as an athletic program.
Well that's life my man. It isn't gonna stop expanding, growing and changing because the little guy isn't good at expanding, growing or changing. 🤷‍♂️

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

SiderSammy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:03 pm I’m ok with it, But as long as “7 on 7” don’t start turning into full practices like some teams are already doing. Why have rules anyhow? lol
7 on 7 is basically practice for the skills. Just let it happen. You'll be happier just goin w the change lol.

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

osu 77 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:42 am These kids need a break from one sport to play another football 24/7 is not the answer.
Bingo

Return to “Football”