New York Taxi Cab Trip

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

New York Taxi Cab Trip

Post by kantuckyII »

I just got back from New York after a 13 hour train ride. Anyway, Tuesday night, we took a 26 mile, white knuckle limo/taxi drive from New York to Linden, New Jersey. I can't think of too many times when I've been much more shook up. This cat drove 82 mph...on people's bumpers...passing on exit lanes - while talking on the phone..writing on a pad and I believe using profanity in Arabic. Anyone else got to do this? it's a trip!

oh...and..that only cost us 90 dollars - what a bargain!

BigDintigertown775
Freshman Team

Re: New York Taxi Cab Trip

Post by BigDintigertown775 »

Me and 3 buddies went to NYC a couple of years ago. We went there to see the Yankees play. We got kicked out of at least 2 cabs. I would like to tell the stories but i dont want to get kicked off of here. Oh and we about got kicked out of the subway also. LOL!! :lol:

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

kantuckyII wrote:I just got back from New York after a 13 hour train ride. Anyway, Tuesday night, we took a 26 mile, white knuckle limo/taxi drive from New York to Linden, New Jersey. I can't think of too many times when I've been much more shook up. This cat drove 82 mph...on people's bumpers...passing on exit lanes - while talking on the phone..writing on a pad and I believe using profanity in Arabic. Anyone else got to do this? it's a trip!

oh...and..that only cost us 90 dollars - what a bargain!

I had a very similiar experience last year in the Big Apple, I got a picture of my cab driver and was wondering if this fella is the same driver that hauled you around..............

BigDintigertown775
Freshman Team

Post by BigDintigertown775 »

I think that was the dude that kicked us out of cab number 2! :122246

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

You know that taxi driver couldn't be an American, too scary looking!

LOVED being on the Empire State Building..however, after about 10 minutes, looking down 1,050'...I got to thinking about those standing on the edge of the World Trade Center windows and I got mad all over again. How TERRIFYING that had to have been! That is WAY UP IN THE AIR!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

You should ride with Bigdowgg once, and im sure you would rather be in the taxi.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Biggdowgg driving a NY taxi? now, that's a scary thought. When you got in, and heard Barry Manilow blaring, you know you're in trouble. Anyway, it was cool hailing taxi's in NY. I've watched it in movies all my life and there I was...doing the same. THEM GUYS FLY! it's nuts.

Like I said on one of my photos of the city, "There's 3,794,101 sq mi in the United States. I wonder if anyone has told these people that Manhattan only is 23 of them?"

Return to “The Off season”