Groundhog Day

General Chat
BigOrangeOne
S

Groundhog Day

Post by BigOrangeOne »

It's official. Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow this morning. Promises early spring. :-D

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Re: Groundhog Day

Post by grndma1 »

I heard the wind blew him away before he could see his shadow. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Did Bill Murray get the girl yet?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

He should have been a used car salesman instead of a Ground Hog. But..here he is..all the same! ..and the reason it's so cold is because it's so warm..what?
It's the global warming denier's favorite "gotcha": If the planet is heating up, then why are we getting so much snow?

(Remember the snickers when the 2009 Copenhagen climate-change summit was interrupted by snowfall?)

But Al Gore, patron saint of global warming believers, isn't brooking any of that nonsense.

Last week, Bill O'Reilly asked on his Fox News show, "Why has southern New York turned into the tundra?" He also quipped that he had a call out to Gore.

Gore has now responded via his blog Al's Journal. "I appreciate the question," he writes. "As it turns out, the scientific community has been addressing this particular question for some time now, and they say that increased heavy snowfalls are completely consistent with what they have been predicting as a consequence of man-made global warming."

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

BigOrangeOne wrote:It's official. Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow this morning. Promises early spring. :-D
If Phil is wrong, I have a great receipe for groundhog.

Return to “The Off season”