Eastern Pike @ Minford

beaverlover
SE

Eastern Pike @ Minford

Post by beaverlover »

Minford has been impressive thus far...Hopefully the Eagles play well Tuesday.If so,I expect a close game.

Hoggy
SEOP

Re: Eastern Pike @ Minford

Post by Hoggy »

Good luck to the Eagles!

The Eagles now have the first game under their belt with a win against Western and will be headed in to the Falcon's nest. The Falcons lost a close one to Oak Hill and will be fired up to get back on track.

How do these two teams match up? Is their a size advantage either way? Head to head (on paper) how does it look and what will be the deciding factor(s) in the game?

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

I say this one will be a close game just from what Eastern has back from last year I will take them by 5 or less b/c I think minford will stay in this game the whole way

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Minford by 14. Soc 2 is too strong this year...

cbaseball33
Freshman Team

Post by cbaseball33 »

I'll take Minford in this one they had a close game with the defending state champs! They are also bigger then Eastern IMO

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

I will make no prediction on this one as I follow both squads. Minford is much better than what anyone thought they would be this season. They are very athletic and strong! If Eastern could pull this one off it would be an excellent win and as some have said an "upset." Good luck to both teams and hope both teams avoid any injuries.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

I'll take Minford. I've seen both now, and Minford is more athletic. IMO the key will be for Minford to pressure Eastern and force turn overs. I thought they looked a little shakey against Western and Minford is even quicker. Eagles will need to hit the 3 ball to stay in this one.
Last edited by Out of Bounds on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Eagles by 2

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

I don't know anything about Eastern but I think the Minford coaching staff is doing a great job playing to their stengths: which are athletic ability and strength. With no really good teams in the SOC II this year except maybe Waverly the SOC II is wide open.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

falconater,
The SOCII is wide open this year because of the "strength" of the league. You have to be kidding with that comment about no really good teams in the SOCII except maybe Waverly?

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

I am not kidding. I think the SOC II has a lot of middle of the road teams with Waverly being the only complete team.

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

I haven't seen Minford play yet, but I know they took it to the wire with Oak Hill and pounded Clay. I think Eastern is a very capable team tho, and will make this a close game. This should be a great game. Hard to predict any winners, but I would obviously like to see Eastern pull this one out.

oldfalcon
Waterboy

Post by oldfalcon »

Minford will have to play well to win. Hopefully they can stay out of foul trouble the first half. Big week for the Falcons, with 3 games before the break.

halftime
JV Team

Post by halftime »

Score?

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Eastern 67
Minford 48

I think that was the final...Eastern had a 9 point lead at half and really turned it on in 3rd qtr..led my as many as 24.Great win for the Eagles to go to 2-0.

oldfalcon
Waterboy

Post by oldfalcon »

Not a good night for the Falcons. Minford is definately short on kids who can handle the ball, and Eastern definately exposed that all night long. Minford must get better, the ball pressure wont get any easier Friday against Valley.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I thought McVey did an excellent job guarding Slone all night.That was a key to Easterns' success,keeping the ball away from him and pressuring the other Falcons who handled the ball.Also,Montgomery was just to good inside.Don't know exact stats but I would guess Montgomery had atleast 20 points and 10 rebounds.I thought Eastern handled Minfords pressure pretty well....They can cause you some problems with there size and length.All in all,a great win for Eastern.

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

Great win tonight for the Eagles. The big men for the Eagles played great in the paint and the defensive pressure for the eagles really got turned up for this game. That will be the key to eastern the rest of the season. Playing good solid defense putting pressure on the oppenent. Big win tonight putting Eastern at 2-0 winning their first two games by 23 and 19.

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

I did not get to the game but hats off to Eastern. I was wrong on my prediction.

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Wow.. Great win for the Eagles... Congrats

Return to “Boys Basketball”