BELPRE 32 vs WHEELERSBURG 43 .......FINAL

therepublican
Varsity

Re: BELPRE vs WHEELERSBURG

Post by therepublican »

Would love Burg to advance in this one! GO BURG!

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

That's right Eagles,bring your A game Saturday night and get a district win.The Burg is always a tough team but if you play your best you can come out with a victory.We will be there to root you on.GO EAGLES!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The Burg climbed the mountain last week when they knocked off Oak Hill, so now we all know that this is anybody's game!!!!

Good luck Belpre!!!!!!!!

05buckeye
JV Team

Post by 05buckeye »

burg wins. see ya at the convo

Burg_BBall_Fan
Waterboy

Post by Burg_BBall_Fan »

Congrats Pirates on a great win against the Oaks on Friday!! I couldn't attend but I was getting updates from a friend at the game and I was still at the edge of my seat! Way to work hard and keeping fighting until you got the win! That's what it's all about!

Good luck on Saturday! My schedule is finally working out so that I can go to the game. I'll be there in my Orange and Black!! I can't wait to watch the Pirates in action again! From what I've heard it should be a great game to watch. I'm hoping that the Burg pulls through with another victory. If Bendolph scores like he did on Friday and the rest of the team puts up a some good shots, the Pirates could be too much for the Eagles to handle!!

Good luck to Coach Barrick, the coaching staff and the Pirate Basketball team! :-D

Proud to be a pirate! GO BURG!!

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

Whichever team controls the tempo in this one will win it IMO. If Belpre can get out in the open court and make SMART plays then I think they win, but if the burg slows things down and turns this into a half court game the entire game then I think they win it. Should be a great game, and LETS GO EAGLES!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

If Belpre can jump on wheelersburg early then I think they can really give them heck. If they let the Burg play there style then it will be a tough night for Belpre.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Orange and Brown wrote:If Belpre can jump on wheelersburg early then I think they can really give them heck. If they let the Burg play there style then it will be a tough night for Belpre.

From watching many Burg games this year...the "Burg" style is a little different this year and I think most Burg fans would agree. Having a run an gun point guard this year, Burg likes to egt the ball up court before the D can set up, this actually was the main reason they beat Oak Hill...allow Bendolph to play his game and it will be tought to stop him. Burg used to be conservative and play the slow down game....you still see Barrick like to hold the ball for the last minute of a quarter, but getting up court quick is their new plan with Bendolph.

justlookin
Freshman Team

Post by justlookin »

Belpre is gellin at the right time. If Belpre can force their will on 'Burg early it will be a long night for the Pirates. The Belpre starting five has experience and can crank up the "D" and force the tempo. If the refs allow the guards to play without tic tac fouls there will be alot of layups. Good luck to both teams but have to pull for Belpre in this one. These kids have worked from 4th grade til now for a state tourney birth. The Convo is another step not the final destination.

GO EAGLES!!!

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

therepublican wrote:
Let's just not be quick to think Burg is a power house and Belpre has no answer for Stegman. I mean South Webster and and many other SOC teams had an answer to Burg's post man who didn't have a guy over 6'.

While I agreed with much of what you said, the South Webster games are poor examples to prove your point. Stegman was the leading scorer in both games. It wasn't his performances that were the problem in those contests. He scored more than any player on EITHER team. He had 33 points in the first game and 18 points in the second.

Hopefully the boys will be playing more consistent and making better shot selection decisions. They need to work for the high percentage shots and take advantage of any hot stretch for any one player. I am just glad that their defense is coming together as well as it is.

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

Going to have to go with the burg in this one. Playing with some real confidence late in the season.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

drrabbit wrote:
therepublican wrote:
Let's just not be quick to think Burg is a power house and Belpre has no answer for Stegman. I mean South Webster and and many other SOC teams had an answer to Burg's post man who didn't have a guy over 6'.

While I agreed with much of what you said, the South Webster games are poor examples to prove your point. Stegman was the leading scorer in both games. It wasn't his performances that were the problem in those contests. He scored more than any player on EITHER team. He had 33 points in the first game and 18 points in the second.

Hopefully the boys will be playing more consistent and making better shot selection decisions. They need to work for the high percentage shots and take advantage of any hot stretch for any one player. I am just glad that their defense is coming together as well as it is.

Good point Dr..... South Webster wasn't the greates example, but if you were at all the Burg games you understand what I was trying to say. Many teams were able to stop our power guy. Besides all that, I feel the Burg team right now is molding together for once this year like a team. If Stegman can have 18-20 rebounds with 10-15 points and Bendolph has another stellar performance, and the rest of the players contribute their fair share 4-10 points from Ballard, Lang, and some bench players...they are tough to beat.

Plus...I know you have every number there is, I don't! lol :122245 It is hard to keep who scored what in every game! :122245

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Game Day!!! Good Luck Burg .. Lets keep it Rollin!!

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Good luck EAGLES. Let's go get em.

GO EAGLES!!!

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Post by TheDarkKnight »

I'll take burg.. After beating oak hill, who cant they beat? Burg's gonna take this one 57-48

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

Updates or radio online?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

on 99.3 I'm listening and browsing so I can post updates

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Pirates need to start making free throws or Belpre can get on these little streaks they've had a couple times so far early in this game and take this one.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

wats the score right now?

Return to “Boys Basketball”