Peebles Indians 2010-11

jchitwood
All State

Peebles Indians 2010-11

Post by jchitwood »

Well, it all starts tonight. The reigning SHL champs had a successful summer, but how will they fare this season?

There's a new head coach (the 7th since 1999, if you count Lawhorn twice like we do Grover Cleaveland), and they graduated a thousand point scorer, their man underneath, a defense stopgap, and a host of other seniors.

They return a strong nucleus consisting of all-time PHS scorer Blake Justice, seniors Andy Countryman, Tyler McFarland, Daulton Fisher, AJ Chamblin, and Jerison Harper; they also return starter Trent Arey. The Indians also have added size with Jake Daniels and Brandon Leedy, and might run deeper than they did last year. There's also a talented squad of sophomores that can probably make a contribution, too.

What are your expectations?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: Peebles Indians 2010-11

Post by TribeManiac10 »

The gold ball, a mcdonalds tourny, and a district championship. I think we have the team to do all of those this year. They won their first game by 40 tonight giving 11 people good minutes, granted Southeastern isnt the greatest team but its still impressive to say the least. If we would have seriously tried to run up the score there was nothing holding us under a margain of 60pts. Andy and Tyler both showed tonight that we are not by any means one diminsional and that anyone on this team can hurt you if given the opportunity.

sebuckeye
Waterboy

Post by sebuckeye »

you are still pressing up 30 and still have starters in the game with 4 min left are you trying to run up the score? just asking

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

sebuckeye wrote:you are still pressing up 30 and still have starters in the game with 4 min left are you trying to run up the score? just asking
Actually we were up 45 with 4 mins left.....we finished the second half of the final quarter with all subs. Adam King, Dylan Rinck, Jerison Harper, Dalton Fischer, and Brandon Leedy was the lineup that closed it out. We only had one player on the roster that didnt play and he had just finished playing an entire JV game.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

i admit peebles is a good team..gold ball not gonna happen u all thought it last year but didnt get it so dont count ur chickens b4 they hatch...mcdonalds tourny idk u have to get past a scrappy manchester team in first game to win it...district prolly..wat division are u guys in in state?

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

i believe players can play 5 quarters a night as long as they don't go over 90 quarters for the regular season.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

streetballer wrote:i admit peebles is a good team..gold ball not gonna happen u all thought it last year but didnt get it so dont count ur chickens b4 they hatch...mcdonalds tourny idk u have to get past a scrappy manchester team in first game to win it...district prolly..wat division are u guys in in state?
We are division 3. I merely stated that all of the above were a possiblity, not definate, with the good group of players we have.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

sparky wrote:i believe players can play 5 quarters a night as long as they don't go over 90 quarters for the regular season.
That is correct, you can play 5 qtrs. Playing 12 players as compared to 11 is certainly not the divide between running the score up and not though.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

well said Tribe maniac. Blake Justice was out quite a bit even and a lot of kids saw a lot of minutes. Funny how folks always want to come on here and complain about the score being ran up, pressing, all that. Sometimes you just have to admit you got your butt kicked and move on.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

running the score up if ur up by like 30 with 3-4 minutes left in game is disrespect..not sayin peebles has cause idk ive only seen em play at previews so i cant say they have or havent but when teams do that with lil time left and no chance of other team coming back then thats disrespect to the other team and to the game of basketball

bucknut53
Riding the Bench

Post by bucknut53 »

sebuckeye wrote:you are still pressing up 30 and still have starters in the game with 4 min left are you trying to run up the score? just asking
streetballer wrote:running the score up if ur up by like 30 with 3-4 minutes left in game is disrespect..not sayin peebles has cause idk ive only seen em play at previews so i cant say they have or havent but when teams do that with lil time left and no chance of other team coming back then thats disrespect to the other team and to the game of basketball
Would you like a little cheese with your whine?

Basketball30
Waterboy

Post by Basketball30 »

to streetballer: What do you want a team to do when they are playing 11 of the 12 possible players and are up by 40 with 4 minutes left? Hold the ball the whole time?

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

Coach Arey subbed the entire game, and yes we pressed alot, which we will do this year as we will have atleast an 8 or 9 man rotation unlike last year when Peebles sparingly played 1 or 2 guys from the bench. When a team starts out the new season with a cast of new players against non-league teams it's a great opportunity to see how your team can handle the game plans that will be used throughout league play. It was in no way any disrespect to Southeasten Ross as most starters were on the bench around the 5 minute mark in the 4th quarter.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

you can't expect your scrubs not to play hard but it is an unwritten rule that you should never press or trap when a game is truly out of hand.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

sparky wrote:you can't expect your scrubs not to play hard but it is an unwritten rule that you should never press or trap when a game is truly out of hand.
Our "scrubs" played right along with their starters. Running the score up, like say Taft did against Ripley last season(Running a full court press when up by 50+), I assure you was not anyone's goal. The vast majority of the roster got significant minutes and the bench did a good job when coming in to relieve the starters. Not much else to be said.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YC08
Riding the Bench

Post by YC08 »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
sparky wrote:you can't expect your scrubs not to play hard but it is an unwritten rule that you should never press or trap when a game is truly out of hand.
Our "scrubs" played right along with their starters. Dont even bother coming on here if your just gonna try to put down our players.
Not sure he was putting anyone down (re-read his post), just stating what is typically done, which is not pressing deep into the game when you have the other team in your back pocket.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

YC08 wrote:
TribeManiac10 wrote:
Our "scrubs" played right along with their starters. Dont even bother coming on here if your just gonna try to put down our players.
Not sure he was putting anyone down (re-read his post), just stating what is typically done, which is not pressing deep into the game when you have the other team in your back pocket.
I understand what he is saying, I just dont respect his choice of words in describing our bench. This issue has dragged on a little too long...our guys played a good game and no one purposely tried to run up the score.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

tribe,
i hope i didn't strike a nerve by using the term scrubs. we used to call them 20-20 guys. 20 seconds to go and 20 points ahead.

ty.stephens
Freshman Team

Post by ty.stephens »

sparky,
Sounds like a little jealousy to me. Our 20/20 guys, "scrubs" or whatever you want to use could beat a lot of other teams STARTERS in this league including your team just about 9 miles away.

downtown95
Waterboy

Post by downtown95 »

Scrubs is a term that was used back in the day, but in this PC world where you can't hurt anyones feelings we have to use the terms subs, bench, nonstarters and 2nd team or sometimes 3rd team. Cut Josh Areys some slack, it was his first varsity game. I don't think you know who Sparky is, because he's not 9 miles away. Realistically, I'm not sure that Peeble's bench could beat any other varsity team in the league.

Return to “Boys Basketball”