SHL Tournament Time: Regionals

Rodeo1
Varsity

Re: SHL Tournament Time: District Semi-Finals

Post by Rodeo1 »

Well,Burg played Barrick's Game.We didn't play ours.The paint was under played by Peebles. No one took it to Stegman the whole first half.When we did take it inside we got no calls.Burg had a total of 5 fouls in the entire game. Great game and year for Peebles and congrats to Wheelersburg.Next year take it to the rack and utilize the bigs a little more.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

galaxie63 wrote:Well,Burg played Barrick's Game.We didn't play ours.The paint was under played by Peebles. No one took it to Stegman the whole first half.When we did take it inside we got no calls.Burg had a total of 5 fouls in the entire game. Great game and year for Peebles and congrats to Wheelersburg.Next year take it to the rack and utilize the bigs a little more.
We are going to have to. Almost everytime Jake got the ball in the post Stegman fouled him. Plus he was 5/6 from the free throw line during the game. We should have pounded it in early and got him in foul trouble.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Jake can score 20 a game if used.At the end of the game when everyone is sucking air ,'A big man is still big".Start off early and often as Burg did and everything else opens up.Including Andy,Blake,Tyler and others.Congrats Peebles on a great year.

numberonefan
Riding the Bench

Post by numberonefan »

the fouls were uneven but as someone said in another post you will have that when you don't ever shoot from inside the paint. You live or die by the three. I hate to blame a game on a ref and I wont but the no travel call with about 6 seconds to go in the game was bad. Yes, you can look at all kinds of things throughout the game but if that call is made game is over. We missed a heck of a lot of bunnies and layups as well and did not do a good job of finishing.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Peebles always has great guard play ,but; They need to work more to develop the bigs like Jake and maybe Tyler Grey who can jump out of the gym.You have to use the big ones when you get to the district or higher.Look what it did for Wheelersburg.Keep working with the bigs and good things happen.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Good luck to Manchester,White oak and Fairfield from adams county.

bucknut53
Riding the Bench

Post by bucknut53 »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
galaxie63 wrote:Well,Burg played Barrick's Game.We didn't play ours.The paint was under played by Peebles. No one took it to Stegman the whole first half.When we did take it inside we got no calls.Burg had a total of 5 fouls in the entire game. Great game and year for Peebles and congrats to Wheelersburg.Next year take it to the rack and utilize the bigs a little more.
We are going to have to. Almost everytime Jake got the ball in the post Stegman fouled him. Plus he was 5/6 from the free throw line during the game. We should have pounded it in early and got him in foul trouble.
Pound it inside???? To who??? Justice did a fairly nice job when he was on Stegman, but other than that saw no big "man up" and let Stegman know he wasn't getting anything easy the rest of the way. Utilize the bigs you say; not sure we were even watching the same game.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

galaxie63 wrote:Good luck to Manchester,White oak and Fairfield from adams county.
I definately second that. Goodluck everyone.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

bucknut53 wrote:
TribeManiac10 wrote:
Pound it inside???? To who??? Justice did a fairly nice job when he was on Stegman, but other than that saw no big "man up" and let Stegman know he wasn't getting anything easy the rest of the way. Utilize the bigs you say; not sure we were even watching the same game.
Correct..If you don't develope the bigs in the lower levels,you will get just what we got tonight when you play a team with a quality big man.Peebles is good ,but; imagine them if they had a presence down low.Im just sayin' learn for the future.We have quality ,coachable people coming up.Reguardless,great job this year coachArey and team.Hold your heads high!!!!!!!!!!!!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

bucknut53 wrote:Pound it inside???? To who??? Justice did a fairly nice job when he was on Stegman, but other than that saw no big "man up" and let Stegman know he wasn't getting anything easy the rest of the way. Utilize the bigs you say; not sure we were even watching the same game.
Who is talking about defense? Thats a whole different arguement. I think I summed my point up pretty clearly. Get the ball to the post(I dont care who gets it...be it a gaurd or a post player) and force the opposing team to foul instead of simply hoisting up a three at the first oppurtunity. Stegman finished with four fouls. 3 of which were on Jake when he got the ball in the fourth quarter.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Amen.Point well taken.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

From earlier post..Rebounds,rebounds,rebounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luvit
Freshman Team

Post by luvit »

bucknut53 wrote:
TribeManiac10 wrote:
i agree with b-53. there was no big man presence in the game that i saw from peebles. i wish there had been. i feel the stegman boy, took avantage of our weakness, and as any good player would, made us pay. the only defense there was,is what justice put on him. justice and countryman carried the entire offense for peebles, and boy are they going to be missed. we have always played in a weak league and schedule very few, if any out of league competition, seems like more concerned about winning the league, instead of getting ready for the real tournament. then when it comes to playing the big boys, we are not prepared. i hope this changes, but i doubt that it will. go luck to the seniors from peebles, and best of luck next year to the up and coming indians. great season. good luck to the burg. great game to watch. yes i know we have no choice in league play, but we can play tougher teams outside our league.
Last edited by luvit on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Agreed,I have enjoyed the year and I am proud of all the boys.Also wish Whiteoak,Manchester and Fairfield the best of luck.Heres wishing Blake ,Andy,Tyler and the rest of the seniors the best in their future endevors.

bucknut53
Riding the Bench

Post by bucknut53 »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
bucknut53 wrote:Pound it inside???? To who??? Justice did a fairly nice job when he was on Stegman, but other than that saw no big "man up" and let Stegman know he wasn't getting anything easy the rest of the way. Utilize the bigs you say; not sure we were even watching the same game.
Who is talking about defense? Thats a whole different arguement. I think I summed my point up pretty clearly. Get the ball to the post(I dont care who gets it...be it a gaurd or a post player) and force the opposing team to foul instead of simply hoisting up a three at the first oppurtunity. Stegman finished with four fouls. 3 of which were on Jake when he got the ball in the fourth quarter.
I have watched our "bigs" miss easy shot after easy shot all season long. Jake had a good game against N.A. that was due to the penetration of Blake and Trent. Other than that nothing stands out that is worth mentioning.

Your statement above about get it to the post instead of hoisting up a three at the first opportunity is almost laughable. The 3 is hoisted up because our offense has no movement and our guards have no faith in the "bigs" to finish anything. I understand you being biased, but some of your comments have a certain tone that seems to put down other players and the coach at times.

BTW, I am glad noone hit Blake in the nose after you posted it on here for the whole world to know. Coach Barrick doesn't need any help from you.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

bucknut53 wrote:
TribeManiac10 wrote:I have watched our "bigs" miss easy shot after easy shot all season long. Jake had a good game against N.A. that was due to the penetration of Blake and Trent. Other than that nothing stands out that is worth mentioning.

Your statement above about get it to the post instead of hoisting up a three at the first opportunity is almost laughable. The 3 is hoisted up because our offense has no movement and our guards have no faith in the "bigs" to finish anything. I understand you being biased, but some of your comments have a certain tone that seems to put down other players and the coach at times.

BTW, I am glad noone hit Blake in the nose after you posted it on here for the whole world to know. Coach Barrick doesn't need any help from you.
A certain tone of putting people down? Thats laughable. I have no ill will against anyone involved with this team although you seem all too willing to chime in with degrading comments yourself. The nose thing was a mistake, im "big" enough to admit it. It was posted before I thought about someone using it negatively. I removed the comments and no cheap shots were taken during the game....I think its time to get over it.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Way to go Fairfield beating Eastern, 43-41

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

Congrats to Manchester on their win over Racine Southern 64-55 at the Convo.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Good luck Manchester.Great JOB!

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Whiteoak wins!!!!67-36.Darn weak SHL won again..Congrats Whiteoak.congrats South Gallia.Whiteoak is a buzzsaw.

Return to “Boys Basketball”