#1 Peebles vs. #4 Wheelersburg, 3/6 District Semi-Final

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: #1 Peebles vs. #4 Wheelersburg, 3/6 District Semi-Final

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

TribeManiac10 wrote:Heard Blake Justice just broke his nose at open gym. This is the worst possible timing.

That won't affect near as much as a twisted ankle or some type of injury of that nature would. I'm sure they will get him a face mask to wear and he will be okay.

hangman
Riding the Bench

Post by hangman »

Hopefully you are joking, if not i don't think it will affect him.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

:122245
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hangman
Riding the Bench

Post by hangman »

He does have a couple days to get used to a mask, hopefully it ain't that bad.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

:122245
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hate to hear that about Justice.

IMO this is a tough matchup for Peebles. Burg ahs some talent and one of the very best coaches in the entire area. McBee never seems to miss and Stegman is tough.

Peebles may play very well and win by 20.....but I won't be surprised at all if this one is very tight.

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

Yeah I heard it was broken also. I know that a break is a break but I am hearing that it is not as bad as it could have been and that he is doing OK...maybe no need for a mask. It is bad timing though.
Last edited by peeblesfan97 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Hope no one from the Burg "accidentally" bumps him the nose. :mrgreen:

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Hope no one from the Burg "accidentally" bumps him the nose. :mrgreen:
:shock:

Chieftan
Riding the Bench

Post by Chieftan »

Blake's nose isn't broken...I don't know how this stuff gets started on here, I confirmed it this morning he just took a hard hit...

I can tell you that if someone tried to hurt one of Peebles players intentionally...it would clear the bench if not the stands as well. Bad karma....burg grad 77...bad karma...not to mention shameful...

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

Ironman92,
Coach Barrick is a great coach and i think he will keep the game close the first half.Ithink Peebles will pull away in the 2nd half.Too many weapons.I feel that Peebles has one of the best young coaches around in Coach Arey.He works as hard as any coach i have known and his game preparation is 2nd to none.Peebles will be ready!As far as Justice being hurt,he is fine.Justice is a competitor and he will come ready to play.

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Im sure Peebles and Justice will be ready, but the Burg will be ready as well.. This should be a great game to watch.. Good Luck Burg.

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

Ironman92 wrote:Hate to hear that about Justice.

IMO this is a tough matchup for Peebles. Burg ahs some talent and one of the very best coaches in the entire area. McBee never seems to miss and Stegman is tough.

Peebles may play very well and win by 20.....but I won't be surprised at all if this one is very tight.
I agree Ironman92. I believe Burg matches up well with Peebles and Barrick will have the Pirates ready. McBee can stroke the ball and like I said earlier needs to shoot more often. Stegman is a beast underneath but it will take the roll players to step up and be the differnce in this game.. Looking forward to this one..Go BURG !!!

followthru
Waterboy

Post by followthru »

bballin,
I have to disagree on the match-ups.I think the Burg struggles against dribble penetration and Peebles has 4 starters that can take it to hole.I do agree with you on the Stegman kid,he is a stud.With that being said i would lean more toward this being a match-up nightmare for the Burg.

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

followthru wrote:bballin,
I have to disagree on the match-ups.I think the Burg struggles against dribble penetration and Peebles has 4 starters that can take it to hole.I do agree with you on the Stegman kid,he is a stud.With that being said i would lean more toward this being a match-up nightmare for the Burg.
I agree Burg has struggled at times against the dribble penetration.. Hopefully the boys can take a few charges and get them called there way to slow that down..lol. But in saying that I have seen Burg play some pretty tough D over the season.. Its all or nothing in this game, if this game dont bring there best nothing will.. Peebles does have a very strong starting 5....

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

The key to the game for Burg is they have to make some outside shots to open the inside up for Stegman.I feel this is the only way Burg has a chance.IMO!

curly neal
Waterboy

Post by curly neal »

im not much on posting here, but just cant help myself. ive seen stegman a few times this year, and im wondering what he will do against the daniels kid. this kid is not stick thin and i think this could be the difference in this game. the few times i got to see stegman was against 6-4 6-5 guys with no meat on their bones. he may not dominate like ppl think, but we will all have to wait to see the outcome. good luck to both teams, and dont be ashamed, both teams have had amazing years.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

curly neal wrote:im not much on posting here, but just cant help myself. ive seen stegman a few times this year, and im wondering what he will do against the daniels kid. this kid is not stick thin and i think this could be the difference in this game. the few times i got to see stegman was against 6-4 6-5 guys with no meat on their bones. he may not dominate like ppl think, but we will all have to wait to see the outcome. good luck to both teams, and dont be ashamed, both teams have had amazing years.
Stegman has really good footwork and has some really good moves around the basket. I think he would be better against a stronger guy than a really athletic player such as Dwyer from Valley.

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

4th n Goal wrote:
curly neal wrote:im not much on posting here, but just cant help myself. ive seen stegman a few times this year, and im wondering what he will do against the daniels kid. this kid is not stick thin and i think this could be the difference in this game. the few times i got to see stegman was against 6-4 6-5 guys with no meat on their bones. he may not dominate like ppl think, but we will all have to wait to see the outcome. good luck to both teams, and dont be ashamed, both teams have had amazing years.
Stegman has really good footwork and has some really good moves around the basket. I think he would be better against a stronger guy than a really athletic player such as Dwyer from Valley.
yeah, he dorsn't seem to be big on powering it to the basket, simply duking it out with the defender, he is more likely to finess his way around the defender and finding a way to put it in.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Game day! Keep up the strong play guys!

Return to “Boys Basketball”