Final: Portsmouth 45 Wheelersburg 39

The D
JV Team

Re: Portsmouth vs. Wheelersburg, Regional Semi - 3/16 @ 8PM

Post by The D »

TrojanPride wrote:Burg wins. More discipline... (NewEra) sry but the days of saying that about PHS are over!!!!

Big diff. in the first matchup Bendolph was on the bench now he is running the show. Nuff said Burg you already abot em.

Win&Advance WeAreOne
ahhh....bendolph....

what you are forgetting my friend is that he practiced with Burg all last year...they know how to get under his skin..

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Congratulations and good luck to both teams.

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

This game is bound to be a classic...Everybody, both sides, let's pack that satadium and "rock n' roll the convo" :lol: .... :122249

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

at least all this talk wont last 7 days lke the games befor..LOL...

Like posted above,I will be back to support the winner of this game,,,hopefuly the the Trojans of course..

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Just as staed ab Burg players getting under Bendolph's skin Bendolph knows what they bring to the court and can get under their skin because he played with them last year ! Burg-55 vs. Portsmouth-61

tigerpower89
Freshman Team

Post by tigerpower89 »

After seing both teams play Ironton going with the Trojans by 10 65-55

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

Tobias wrote: ...we'll just send the Burg players some "cookies and milk" as a warm gesture...

...Do the Burg mom's still provide "cookies and milk" for their players as they did 30 years ago in football?

...Do they also have nap time?

:lol:

68-14........................................ :lol: :lol: :lol:

if cookies and milk can make that happen, ill bake them before every game!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

I ‘m a big fan of Stegman and Shankwiler, but I don’t think they can keep up with Portsmouth. McKinley and Underwood will be too much for Steg to with stand. Shank is plenty fast, but isn’t as good of a shooter or defender as Bendolph or Evans. I think Burg will keep it close, as they will have a great game plan, but I think the Trojans pull away in the 2nd half. 62-54 PHS

Everyone has talked about Andrews return against the Burg, remember Zaide started for the Pirates two season ago as a freshmen. So he knows how the Burg guys play as well

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

The D wrote:
Tobias wrote: ...we'll just send the Burg players some "cookies and milk" as a warm gesture...

...Do the Burg mom's still provide "cookies and milk" for their players as they did 30 years ago in football?

if cookies and milk can make that happen, ill bake them before every game!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Talking about a football score from 2009, I don't get it??

The only score that has any meaning to this game is Dec. 23 @ Portsmouth 64 Wheelersburg 56 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh by the way, in case you are still living in football land from 2009, Portsmouth beat wheelersburg without 1st team All-District player Andrew Bendolph.

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

TrojanBuff wrote:
The D wrote:

Talking about a football score from 2009, I don't get it??

The only score that has any meaning to this game is Dec. 23 @ Portsmouth 64 Wheelersburg 56 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh by the way, in case you are still living in football land from 2009, Portsmouth beat wheelersburg without 1st team All-District player Andrew Bendolph.
well Tobias brought up football, so I figured it only polite to remind him of the massacre that took place at Pirate Coliseum...

but getting back to basketball, I have no room to talk portsmouth's unstoppable......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

The men of Troy by 6.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

TrojanBuff wrote:The only score that has any meaning to this game is Dec. 23 @ Portsmouth 64 Wheelersburg 56

What happened 3 months ago @ Portsmouth, has absolutely nothing to do with this game in March! Since Portsmouth has just upset the #1 seed Fairland, they are obviously the big favorite in this one.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

4th n Goal wrote:
TrojanBuff wrote:The only score that has any meaning to this game is Dec. 23 @ Portsmouth 64 Wheelersburg 56

What happened 3 months ago @ Portsmouth, has absolutely nothing to do with this game in March! Since Portsmouth has just upset the #1 seed Fairland, they are obviously the big favorite in this one.

Fairland was the #1 seed but in the weakest of the 4 Districts in the region IMO. Other than Portsmouth, there is no other team that stood out from the get go.

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

4th n Goal wrote:

Really? How doesn't it? Same teams, same season, same players...opps you did get me. 3 months ago when Portsmouth beat wheelerburg they beat them without 1st team All-District player Andrew Bendolph. :lol: :lol:

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

The D wrote: well Tobias brought up football, so I figured it only polite to remind him of the massacre that took place at Pirate Coliseum...
If you want to talk about the past, I guess we can. 4 State Titles :lol: :lol:

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

TrojanBuff wrote:
The D wrote: well Tobias brought up football, so I figured it only polite to remind him of the massacre that took place at Pirate Coliseum...
If you want to talk about the past, I guess we can. 4 State Titles :lol: :lol:
past.....not ancient history... :122245 lol

.......coming from the school currently begging to get back into the SOCII

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

The D wrote:
TrojanBuff wrote:
The D wrote:
.......coming from the school currently begging to get back into the SOCII
How can we get "back" into something we were never in?

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

And whos begging????

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

This will be the 7th meeting between Portsmouth and Wheelersburg in the tournament, but the first ever in the regionals. Previous meetings:

1978: Portsmouth 54, Wheelersburg 52 OT sectional final
1983: Portsmouth 66, Wheelersburg 59 OT district final
1984: Wheelersburg 73, Portsmouth 66 OT district final
1987: Portsmouth 59, Wheelersburg 54 sectional final
2006: Wheelersburg 72, Portsmouth 48 sectional final
2007: Wheelersburg 54, Portsmouth 33 sectional fInal

The two schools did not meet in 1988........Portsmouth beat West and Ironton in the sectional........and PHS was a D2 school, while WHS was D3........the Burg went 24-0 that year before losing in the regional finals in Athens.
Last edited by trojandave on Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I look for both teams to bring the intensity Wednesday night.........I would like to see the Trojans rebound better than they have the last two games........defensively, giving up only 42 and 41 points vs. Norhwest and Fairland is a simple recipe for victory........it is difficult to lose a game when you hold your opponent to those numbers..........neither one of those games were of the sliowdown type.

Wheelersburg will be a stiffer challenge for our Trojan defenders.........but I believe our kids can rise to that challenge.

GO TROJANS!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”