Pioneer Valley Offseason BUZZ

uncle-coozie
Waterboy

Re: Pioneer Valley Offseason BUZZ

Post by uncle-coozie »

vigril wrote:
redskinwitness wrote:Central is always the most athletic team in the league, IMO.
Have you only been watching basketball for a year?

Let me guess Fort Frye is rite?

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Three way scrimmage @ caldwell yesterday morning: teams-Caldwell, Fairfield Christian, Belpre
Caldwell split 2 quarters each with a very nice Fairfield Christian team, lost the last quarter playing mostly JV kids. FCA will be as good as anyone they see this year, IMO. Nice team with a tremendous 6'4 guard (carpenter) and a pair of 6'6 athletes who can both shoot it.
Caldwell took 2 of 3 quarters against Belpre, Belpre is much more structured and disciplined on both ends of the court then they were last year. They aren't deep but have a nice pg and some length. They are well coached by Thornhill/Engle
Belpre won one of three quarters with Caldwell, all were competitive. They struggled with the athleticism and size of FCA, lost all three quarters but did not quit at all. I can see this team winning around 10 games in the TVC. Having watched film with my brother of them and Waterford, they are probably a better team, just my opinion.

journeyman8675309
Riding the Bench

Post by journeyman8675309 »

" if they ever find an A.D. willing to help sports other then his own we might have something. Good luck to the Skins this winter, I will be there supporting you every game."

Redskinwitness, I couldn't agree w you more! I think there are more people that think that way every day!!!!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

1.Fort Frye 17-3 (11-1) 2.Trail 13-7 (9-3) 3.Mc 13-7 (9-3) 4.Caldwell 10-10 (5-5) 5.Shenandoah 8-12 (4-8) 6.River 5-15 (2-10) 7.Fron 5-15 (1-11)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye took 5 of 6 qts vs Maysville tonight.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Curious as to how Maysville was? They are in our league and lost everything from last year, knew they'd be young and wouldn't have much size. Did anyone stand out? Fort should have a great year in the P.V.C. this winter

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I wasn't there that's just what I was told heard FF didn't play their best

3 for me
Riding the Bench

Post by 3 for me »

Does anyone have a breakdown on how the Shenandoah and Barnsville game went last night?

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

I know my brother and his staff went to scout. All he told me was that Shenandoah won by 3 and almost gave it away at the end. I will call him on his lunch break and try to get more details out of him haha.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

newlex/sheridan wrote:I know my brother and his staff went to scout. All he told me was that Shenandoah won by 3 and almost gave it away at the end. I will call him on his lunch break and try to get more details out of him haha.
I was at the game as well, and IMO, i'm not quite sure the better team won. Not trying to take away anything from Shenandoah, they made the plays they needed to. But Barnesville seemed totally uninterested for a large majority of the game. They didn't exactly play well as a team and there wasn't a whole lot of hustle on their part. Once the 4th quarter came around, they finally picked it up and thats when they started to make their run. Cut it down to 3 with just a few seconds left and got a shot off, but it didn't fall. Hurst actually got hurt in the game, as he landed pretty hard on his hip/back saving a ball from going out of bounds. Not sure the extent of the injury, but he tried to play and just couldn't do it. Hopefully it's nothing to serious, as that would be a big loss for the Zeps.

chickem hawk 38
Riding the Bench

Post by chickem hawk 38 »

what are the pvc standings so far does any1 know?

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Standings wouldn't really mean to much right now, as most teams haven't played that many games.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

They don't mean anything at all but when is the last time Caldwell won against central? or won an opener? They looked pretty good last weekend, lets see how consistent they are.
Believe right now
Trail 2-0 both non-league wins
Doah' 1-0 non-league
Caldwell 1-0 PVC
Fort 1-0 non-league
River 1-0 PVC
Central 0-1 PVC
Frontier 0-1 PVC

Return to “Boys Basketball”