Manchester @ Fairfield 2-10

airforcejm
Varsity

Re: Manchester @ Fairfield 2-10

Post by airforcejm »

boomer633 wrote:
Debo wrote:
streetballer wrote:Manchester by 16..they are playin their best basketball right now and have won their last 3 games by 20+ with a 33 pt win last night against fayetteville..fairfield will have to play their best game to keep it close if not could be a long night for them..if manchester plays the way they have the past 3 games then they will be a tough team to beat the rest of the season and tourny time
I'd hope they would win their last three games by 20+
Those teams that they've faced are teams with 0-7 wins on the season.
Manchester is playing decent right now, but nowhere near their best.
They've been a disappointment the entire year.
Expect them to be decent in tournament, because they're a D4 school.

FACT
I don't think they have been a disappointment but rather the expectations may have been a little lofty given what they did last year without considering how much they lost to graduation.
I agree with the statement on Combs heart. He was in pain last Saturday when he put up 40. Can't say enough about his strength of character and how well he has played this season.
I agree. Losing a player like Blevins as well as the others who provided depth would take a toll on any team. They had a huge target on their backs going into the season based on what they did last year. As I said in other posts, they aren't as good as they were but with D4 being wide open I think they have as good of a chance as any to make another run in the tourny. What was the JV score?

downtown95
Waterboy

Post by downtown95 »

I think the score was 68-44. Fairfield was up about 35 points in the 3rd. They have 13 JV players and the non starters gave up several points in the last quarter. A player from Manchester hit three 3's in the last couple of minutes.

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

Does Manchester have any league games left?

I think Manchester and Fairfield are tied for second in the small school. Is that right?

Fairfield plays West Union on Friday. Fairfield's JV will be going for a clean sweep in league play.

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

Manchester plays Ripley for their last game of the season. I'm pretty sure Man and FF are tied for 2nd but Ripley has it in the bag now, if they haven't clinched it already.

Return to “Boys Basketball”