Caldwell(7-13) vs Beallsville (18-2) 2-22 @ UL

I drain 3's
Varsity

Re: Caldwell(7-13) vs Beallsville (18-2) 2-22 @ UL

Post by I drain 3's »

I don't think now is the time to be calling anyone out. The Redskins picked up a big win last night, let's not deminish anything they've accomplished by being negative to anyone associated with the program. They've got another big game coming up soon. Time to support them no matter what's going on.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Wow, was really surprised Beallsville lost, but then i get to work and realize Burke didn't play (broken hand) and Baldridge (best rebounder) was booted off team for mouthing off to coach Tolzda in practice this week. Too bad he couldn't have just sat him one quarter. But turnovers played a big part, they couldn't defend that Weichman kid, and the guys on 104.9 did a great job calling the game. Surprised Spence fouled out with 4minutes to go. Was looking for a Beallsville-River matchup, but give Caldwell props.

soon 2b champs
Waterboy

Post by soon 2b champs »

Talk, talk, talk. Best two teams they have played have beat them by double digits, including an embarrassing home loss against Magnolia. Same story, different year. Beat the lesser teams, get pounded by the top teams.

And I'm not a FF fan. Couldn't care less about them. I'm a fan of a school much closer to River. Unfortunately for your school, your coaches can't drop us when you are in our bracket come tournament time.
FrontRowWaterboy Posts: 3Joined: January 26th, 2012, 9:51 pmTeams: Everyone

remember this frontrow. ahaha U cant beat the LESSER teams. U gotta beat the pushovers. And it looks like bville cant beat the TOP teams. Bville cant run the floor, they were out of shape(take the ovac game for example). But there is next year. And remember River doesnt lose a single kid. ahaha. karma's a B#t#h

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Listen if Beallsville wants to be a top team I really think they need to join the PVC.It would really help come tourney time.

soon 2b champs
Waterboy

Post by soon 2b champs »

Play on a bigger court will help them now. Playing in the Cracker Box killed them.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

SHS_Alum12 wrote:Congrats to Caldwell, especially the Seniors. Big shout out to Bryian Burson. He put that work ethic and will to win into those seniors and it finally showed even though he isn't with you anymore. Congrats
I don't get that at all.

3 for me
Riding the Bench

Post by 3 for me »

SHS_Alum12 wrote:Congrats to Caldwell, especially the Seniors. Big shout out to Bryian Burson. He put that work ethic and will to win into those seniors and it finally showed even though he isn't with you anymore. Congrats

I hope that was sarcasm. If anything Bryian Burson train-wrecked this program. Essentially "depleting" the team causing only 11 boys to be in the high school program. Coach Crane has has given these kids every opportunity they could have hoped for after winning 2 games against Bellaire St. Johns in 2010. Being competitive was the first step, but showing up and beating good teams is the next, and Caldwell has done that on a couple occasions this year. I wouldn't give Bryian Burson even the slightest gratitude for these seniors and this teams success. And for anyone who does, you must not of seen the the some 50+ games that they lost in his lone 4 years in Caldwell.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

This might be the funniest thing I've read on here ever.....a shout out to a coach that has been gone for two years, that couldn't win a game in the league for four years, that only beat hapless St. Johns his final two seasons. There was no program two years ago, it was destroyed. It is being built from the ground up right now and we are very fortunate for that. Somehow in the two seasons he has been here with kids who had not been taught really anything we have become competitive again. We won 17 ball games so far in the past two years, I doubt we won that many combined in the five before that. The interest is up, kids are coming out. We do spring/summer workouts, shoot-outs, team camps, summer leagues, open gyms. He has several of the younger kids playing AAU ball. My son is a current freshmen and prior to this hire I was going to take him back to my alma mater to play, I'm glad I didn't. Our coach is tremendous, he is knowledgeable and intense. He can be a little intimidating but he can really teach the game and most importantly the kids respect and listen to him, you won't find a team that plays harder. The community supports him, as long as our administration keeps a certain someone off his back we will experience a lot of success in the very near future. I just hope he sticks around Caldwell and doesn't go anywhere any time soon.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

That's for sure Crane is a great coach and is doing work with that program.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Burson was a joke of a coach.One time Caldwells varsity was playing FFs JV at a shootout and Caldwell was up by 1 with 10 secs left Morris steals the ball and goes for a dunk misses it and Burson is just laughing.Well Shon Smith as a freshman 14 years old goes coast to coast to score a layup at the buzzer.

Black Mamba 24
Riding the Bench

Post by Black Mamba 24 »

Evidently everyone on here has no idea of what Mr. Burson and Coach Chad Coffman did for the younger kids when they were here. They developed those kids in Caldwell and it is now showing. They had an immediate impact on all of the varsity kids now and although he didn't get the wins out of them, he built this program up and Crane is just reaping the benefits.

3 for me
Riding the Bench

Post by 3 for me »

SHS_Alum12 wrote:Evidently everyone on here has no idea of what Mr. Burson and Coach Chad Coffman did for the younger kids when they were here. They had an immediate impact on all of the varsity kids now and although he didn't get the wins out of them, he built this program up and Crane is just reaping the benefits.

Evidently, you must be idiotic to believe this. I'm not really understanding this, your name is SHS alum. Whoever your sources are they must not know anything about basketball. Coach Crane has done more in the past summer and spring than Burson did for his 4 years in Caldwell. I promise you that.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

The coaches for Caldwell seem like they know what their doing now.That last coach was a joke........sounds like she has a personal connection with Burson.Its might be his wife.

journeyman8675309
Riding the Bench

Post by journeyman8675309 »

That is really funny! There is probably a reason why neither one of those 2 jokesters are not around anymore. Neither one of them found the opening in the wet paper bags.
Leave coach crane alone and he will be fine. That includes ad's, adm's, and parents.
Good luck Saturday skins!!!!!!

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Coffman was a solid coach, I'll give him props. Took Caldwell to the playoffs for the first time in a long long while. Unfortunately they ran into the gauntlet that was Newark catholic.

Burson on the other hand, not so much.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Coffman lead his team to a 10-0 reg season this year last season the previous year they went 2-8 under another coach.Crane is a beast of a coach teaching the fundamentals.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

I thought this was about basketball not football. Who cares about Chris Farley. Leave the young Caldwell coach alone and he will be fine.They are startling to compete with the better teams in tbe league.

Return to “Boys Basketball”