Pioneer Valley All-League Awards

I drain 3's
Varsity

Re: Pioneer Valley All-League Awards

Post by I drain 3's »

Neuhart over Hurst? Not sure I agree with that.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Weichman is doing what he is without much help. He outplayed Neuhart and Hurst pretty badly in the second match up this year. He gets better every time out and is a for sure top five player in this league who will only get better.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Lang is better then Weichman yeah they are both really good but Lang does it on both ends.Probably the leagues best defender and should not be punished for being on a good team.FF won the league by 2 games and no way they should not have 2 players in the top 5.I feel like if you were drafting players out of the league Eddy,Smith,Schwendeman,and Lang all would go top 10.Kyle needs to be more agressive he has an excellent stroke and is a great ball handler.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Weichman
Hurst
Neuhart
Inderhuhle
Price
Caldwell

Those are in no particular order, just 6 off the top of my head. And that's not including anyone from trail since I can't remember their names, and I heard wise from mc quit. You might get smith and one other on a unbiased top 10 list, but not four.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

So Smith is not in your top 6?You are high my opinion of your basketball knowledge just dropped.If River has 3 of the top 6 they might of beat FF once.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

That's everyone outside of smith. I assumed everyone knew smith was a no brainer.

Black Mamba 24
Riding the Bench

Post by Black Mamba 24 »

Weichman will be on the first team. Mark it down. He is the 2nd or 3rd best player in the league easily.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

I have seen the weichman kid in about 4 games this year,he has really gotten better as the year has gone.The last game he was so much quicker than anybody else,it was sick........impressed me alot ...it looks like Caldwell is losing everyone but him.To bad he won't have much help next year.....

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

I wouldn't say he won't have much help. They'll be inexperienced, but I'd think they'll be better offensively next year. Won't have as much size though.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

the couple games I watched them there jvs were not very good.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

It's called addition by subtraction, nice kids in the senior class but not good basketball players. Weichman will be back and even better as a junior. I expect them to start Harding at the 2 spot, better shooter then Svercek, hoping he grows some so that spot is at the very least a wash. The other guard spot I expect to be Clark (freshmen) significant upgrade in all areas over Hesson other then size. I can see Carpenter/Figel filling the 4 spot with the other coming off the bench. Both much more skilled then croucher but none of the brains or intangibles that he brings. They will miss croucher. Baker is for my money already better then Sawyer and is just as tall and much more athletic. Will also bring Leasure off the bench and possibly another freshmen in Heller. Can also throw Willey in there for a spot minute. This makes them potentially 9 deep, this year they play 6 maximum. The way I look at it they are deeper and much more skilled, just young as stated above. The only thing they will miss is Crouchers leadership and hustle....my opinion.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

Wow,sounds like a jv team buddy,good luck with that.........did the Clark kid have a brother play a few years ago?

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Yes, his brother graduated a few years ago and is the current JV coach. They'll be much better offensively.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

I remember watching him play at Caldwell, seemed to play good defense on the ball.Is the younger Clark kid that good to play varisty as a freshmen?

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

IMO, absolutely. Loves the game, great attitude and is a total team player. Good shooter, can handle it well, and is just as happy having 2 points as much as he is having 30. Only cares about the team winning. I've seen him completely take over games, and I've seen him lay back and be a facilitator for his team mates. Combine that with weichman who should only get better and Harding who can do a little bit of everything as well, and I think you're looking at a solid back court. Might be a little undersized though and inexperienced at the start.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

sounds like the skins might be a team to go and watch the next few years to come.weichman seems to be quicker than anyone on the court with him.They haven'thad alot of success for along time in noble county.Sounds like the PVC is going to have some talent ......

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Kyle Schwendeman proved he is one of the leagues most underrated players tonight with 22 points.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

Not putting anything against weichman, but I'd like to see his percentages and then the rest of Caldwell's team percentages

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Got this info from another site.
Eastern District Awards
Liedtke gets COY in Division 3.
First Team: Smith from FF and Hurst from Shenandoah
Second Team: Eddy from FF and Larrick from Trail
Third Team: Patterson from Trail, Neuhart from Shenandoah, and Schwendeman from FF.
Honorable mention: Beaver and Roe (Trail) Leasure and Crum (Shen) Lang (FF) Baker (MC)

Division 4:
Fitzpatrick from Barnesville made first team.
Second Team: Weichman (Caldwell) Price (River) Jackson (Beallsville)
Third Team: Indermuhle (River) Zack Dornon (Barnesville)
Special Mention: Preston Dornon (Barnesville), Svercek (Caldwell), Baldridge, Spence, Jarrett (Beallsville), Caldwell and Marconi (River), Minder (Frontier)

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Can't really argue against any of it. Would have like to see Weichman make first team, but it's pretty much filled with Rosecrans and Hiland players. Hard to debate against that. He's one of only 3 sophomores out of the four divisions.

Return to “Boys Basketball”