Caldwell Redskins Varsity Boys Shoot Out

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Re: Caldwell Redskins Varsity Boys Shoot Out

Post by caldwellbasketball »

Schedule is listed above....shoot out begins tomorrow morning at 8a.m. with games running pretty much all day. Ten teams participating; Caldwell, Shenandoah, River from the P.V.C. West Muskingum, Crooksville, New Lexington, Morgan from the M.V.L. Marietta, River View from the E.C.O.L. and Waterford from the T.V.C. This should be a great day of hoops.

*We had an official back out so if anyone wants to make a few bucks an is qualified message me. Thanks. -Clint Crane

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Post by caldwellbasketball »

Results:

Pool A:
1st-Caldwell 3-1 (wins over Morgan 10, Waterford 10, Shenandoah 12. Lost to West M by 4 in opener)
2nd-West M 3-1 (wins over Caldwell 4, Waterford 6, Morgan 5. Lost to Shenandoah by 4)
3rd-Shenandoah 3-1 (wins over West 4, Waterford 8, Morgan 8. Lost to Caldwell by 12)
4th-Waterford 1-3 (wins over Morgan by 11. Lost to Caldwell 10, West M 6, Shenandoah 8)
5th-Morgan 0-4 (Lost to Caldwell 10, West M 5, Shenandoah 8, Waterford 11)

Pool B:
1st-River 4-0 (wins over Cville 1, New Lex 1, River View 5, Marietta 17)
2nd-Crooksville 3-1 (wins over New Lex 8, Marietta 8, River View 6. Loss to River by 1)
3rd-New Lex 2-2 (wins over Marietta 4, River View 8. Lost to Cville 8, and River by 1)
4th-Marietta 1-3 (wins over River View 7. Lost to River 17, Cville 8, New Lex 4)
5th-River View 0-5 (lost to River 5, Cville 8, New Lex 8, Marietta 7)

*Tourny:
River View defeated Shenandoah by 11
Caldwell defeated River View by 8
Crooksville defeated Morgan by 12

Waterford beat New Lex by 3
River beat Waterford by 11

*Semi-Finals:
Crooksville defeated Caldwell 25-20
River defeated West M 23-15

*FInals:
Crooksville defeated River 22-21

*Marietta did not participate in the tournament

Great day of hoops. General observations: River played very well, had the whole varsity group there. Crooksville played outstanding under their new coach. They were very disciplined despite still missing leading scorer Caleb Jago who is still recovering from last winters torn A.C.L. West M is much, much improved. Shenandoah has very nice guard play. New Lex competed well despite having only 3 of their 7 man rotation. Waterford played ten kids and was scrappy. River View improved all day despite being very young with only two seniors on the roster. Morgan improved through out the day and played very hard. Marietta came in off of two full days of team camp and just didn't have the legs today. They have a nice post and coach Secrest will keep them competitive. Caldwell played 6 of what is a 7 man rotation with potential starter Figel not in attendance. Had ups and downs, seemed to play to the level of the competition at times but there is stuff to work on. Great day of basketball.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

I knew River was going to be good but to see Caldwell at 3-1 is a big surprise,I thought they lost all there talent but the little guard.Did the zeps have all there players against Caldwell? Great to see the PVC go 10-2 in pool play.

easternohioref
Waterboy

Post by easternohioref »

I watched some of the games Saturday . River will be the top team in the league this year, they are solid and deep. From what i was told , Shenandoah had every player there .They had a couple really nice players in Hurst and Neuhart .I didnt see the Caldwell /Shen game , but i did see Caldwell play . They are really young .Besides the point guard, i guess they are mostly sophomores and a freshman that plays. They arent real big .but they did a good job defending.I dont know any of their names, but they had a solid point guard , who i think is the weichman kid , and a post player that wasnt bad and a little guard that shot the ball better than anyone i saw all day. This will be a team to beat in the future,but River is the best in the pvc right now .

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Zeps had Nuehart, Hurst, Farnsworth, Bond, and some big I didn't recognize. Had another muscular kid with a knee brace so pretty much their rotation was there. River has a nice group, gonna be a good team. Caldwell played very well at times, they are so young but very talented. These kids have put in the time an I think they are going to surprise some people this winter. From what I have witnessed at summer league and what I saw in a few games Saturday they are already easily better then they were last winter. Weichman has some kids who can make shots now to help him out and they flat out play hard. When everyone is there Caldwell will play two juniors, four sophomores, and a freshmen. I think the league will be really solid next winter.

easternohioref
Waterboy

Post by easternohioref »

River is the best team in the pvc , but i agree Caldwell will be a really good team one day . I Liked the team when i watched them play and when i found out their ages i liked them even better . What are the names of the sophomore center and smaller guard? I thought the center showed a lot of potential , he had a nice shot for a big and the smaller guard could flat out shoot the ball and will put up a lot of points for Caldwell. It will be a good year in the pvc , but River will be the team to beat .

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

I agree that River is very good and along with Fort Frye will be the team to beat in the P.V.C. this season. I think Caldwell will compete with Trail an Shenandoah for the third slot and then the next three years will belong to the Redskins. The sophomore post you are talking about is Tanner Baker, he is in the 6'3 range and a solid kid with skills. The three point shooter you are talking about is sophomore guard Tanner Harding. He is 5'8 an undersized but is very smart and is lights out, if his feet are set he is usually knocking it down. Wiechman will be a junior and averaged around 20 a game as a sophomore and keeps getting better. Johnny Carpenter (kid with the tattoo) will be a junior is the best athlete an defender on the team, he has only played ball for two years and gets better all the time. He has a pretty stroke too an is around 6'0 tall. I think the 5th starter will be the kid who wasn't there Saturday, Justin Figel. He will be a sophomore and is around 6'2. He can shoot the ball. When he grows in to his body and puts it all together he can be very good. The bench will have 6'1 forward Daniel Leasure, smart kid who plays good defense and rebounds well. He has improved his shot and can knock down the mid-range shot. The kid who might end up making a bigger splash then some anticipated will be freshmen Tanner Clark. He looks like he is adjusting to the speed of the varsity game already. He is about 5'11 an can do a little bit of everything, he is a really good passer and defender and can finish around the rim and knock down the three. There are three or four other nice freshmen who are going to be nice players too. We are really excited, we have seen how hard these kids have worked the past few months and it's pretty cool to have something to look forward to at Caldwell. I am really happy my son is getting to be a part of it. I'm sure there will be rough patches during the season being as young as they are but they will only continue to improve.

Return to “Boys Basketball”