Top D-4 teams in southern Ohio 2012-2013

Lightle04
SE

Top D-4 teams in southern Ohio 2012-2013

Post by Lightle04 »

Who's your picks as the top D-4 comeing into the season.

Notre Dame ?
Webster ?
Eastern Pike ?

Who's your picks ??

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Re: Top D-4 teams in southern Ohio 2012-2013

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

I'll take my Eagles, but I think come District time you'll have to look hard at Leesburg Fairfield. They will replace Manchester as the D4 team to beat from the SHL. Notre Dame and Webster are both solid and should do well.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

more to the southeast but in the Pioneer Valley River will be outstanding, they return the entire team from a 15 win team a year ago as they were all juniors. Caldwell should also be very competitive and one of the youngest teams anywhere around with two juniors, four sophomores, and two freshmen making up the varsity roster.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Leesburg Fairfield will be the top D4 team in the SHL and the favorite to win the SHL small school title. Whiteoak should be decent, Manchester should be way down, and Fayetteville plays in the southwest so it dosent matter how good they are.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

What does Southern have comeing back,or Easter Meigs, how about Waterford or Ironton St.Joe ?

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

Game point wrote:What does Southern have comeing back,or Easter Meigs, how about Waterford or Ironton St.Joe ?

Southern loses 7 seniors and 4 starters. They have some nice young players who will need to get some experience. Eastern has their two leading scorers back and will be better than last year. Waterford lost some key players and will be down from last year.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Just off reputation Im wondering what South Webster has returning, they always seem to be very competitive

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Hopper 11 wrote:
Game point wrote:What does Southern have comeing back,or Easter Meigs, how about Waterford or Ironton St.Joe ?

Southern loses 7 seniors and 4 starters. They have some nice young players who will need to get some experience. Eastern has their two leading scorers back and will be better than last year. Waterford lost some key players and will be down from last year.

I think Southern is 1 year away from being back as a contender. You will likely see a 500 team this year from them, after this group get's a little experience they will be back at the top of the district. The Junior class they have is pretty solid, just havent seen much varsity experience with the big senior class they just had.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Eastern Pike- lost 2 starters off of there elite 8 team but return SOC 1 POY Chad Lands and Tay Pikkett as wellas a young bench that got valuable tourney min. last season. And a couple of move ins Fultz ( minford) , Lightle (western).

Webster- returns 4 starters off of a very good SOC 2 team Goodard,Swords,Cook and Goodard make a very good team .

Notre Dame- Comeing off of a shared SOC 1 league title w/(Eastern Pike) loose 2 starters but return the bulk of the team and will pull up a couple kids from a very good JV team.

White Oak- returns Doc Siep and crew for a formidable SHL team.

Should be a very competative season this year.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Game point wrote:Eastern Pike- lost 2 starters off of there elite 8 team but return SOC 1 POY Chad Lands and Tay Pikkett as wellas a young bench that got valuable tourney min. last season. And a couple of move ins Fultz ( minford) , Lightle (western).

Webster- returns 4 starters off of a very good SOC 2 team Goodard,Swords,Cook and Goodard make a very good team .

Notre Dame- Comeing off of a shared SOC 1 league title w/(Eastern Pike) loose 2 starters but return the bulk of the team and will pull up a couple kids from a very good JV team.

White Oak- returns Doc Siep and crew for a formidable SHL team.

Should be a very competative season this year.
Gamepoint you have been givin incorrect info on eastern. they lost 3 starters and their 6th man to graduation. I cant remember any of the younger kids getting much time at all. the eagles will have some big holes to fill, especially in the paint.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whiteoak returns every rotation player except for a guard who might've scored 4 ppg

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

You are right Satterfield ,Robberts,Lykins, the younger ones I was referring to we're Murphy and Thacker who will play alot with the transfers I think.

Inked Parrothead
Riding the Bench

Post by Inked Parrothead »

Southern will need young players to step up if they wanna return to the convo. what will south webster have?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Inked Parrothead wrote:Southern will need young players to step up if they wanna return to the convo. what will south webster have?
Webster will be strong again. As was mentioned earlier Goddard, Swords, Cook, and Dyer will all be back. This means they will still have strong guard play and a kid in the post who is pushing 6'7" that could have a strong year if he puts in the work this offseason. Other than East with Bias I dont know of any other teams in the Southeast, at least in D4, that will have anyone that size in their frontcourt.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Symmes Valley returns decent size as well as experience at guard.There not huge but 6'4 to 6'5

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Miller. They return 4 of 5 starters in an action-packed TVC-Hocking.

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

Fairfield returns 4 starters along with an 18-2 JV squad. They will have a great balance of size and quickness. The 2012-13 squad will be one of the most athletic teams Fairfield has had in quite awhile.

If they can gell and play as a team they are capable of making a nice run this season.

I also like the Whiteoak squad. Very talented senior class that will be hungry after a below avg. performance last year.

Fayetteville is a team that will surprise some this season. I expect Coach Iles and his son's to ready to play this year. But like Tribe said, they go west come tourny time.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Jason Vorhees wrote:Miller. They return 4 of 5 starters in an action-packed TVC-Hocking.
I would love to see MIller be solid ... I liked some of their pieces last year - they just need Trent to stay healthy and they could be a real big surprise in the Hocking.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

1.Beaver Eastern - Homer pick, maybe but they still return enough to at least contend for another District Title
2. Leesburg Fairfield- I have heard alot about how good this team looked at times last year and I believe they return all starters
3. South Webster- This team always seems to hang around regardless of what talent they might have lost the previous yr. The tough conference schedule they play gives them an advantage when they see smaller less athletic teams by tourney time.
4. WhiteOak- Didn't get a chance to see this team last year, so I'll go off the talk and recent success they've had
5. Notre Dame- Notre Dame returns enough experience to make some noise this year.

No particular order, but I would have a hard time putting any other teams ahead of who i have here. This is also the first year in a while we haven't had a preseason TVC favorite, Southern was the cream of their crop last year and basically lost everybody

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

Fairfield boy's summer shootout schedule got started with a 4-0 record @ Rio Grande with wins over:

Spring Valley WV
Wirt WV
Gallia Academy
Southeastern

Return to “Boys Basketball”