Top players in the PVC

FrontRow
Waterboy

Re: Top players in the PVC

Post by FrontRow »

EasternDspy wrote:Price ain't Shon Smith you obviously did not watch Smith vs Magnolia.Fort Frye worked them a team that beat River twice.Shon Smith and Chan Lang will step up and have great seasons.It will be a great matchup and could go either way.I just hate the terms paper champs to be the best ya gotta beat the best and River has not done anything in PVC basketball be dibbed favorites.Its cool every year someone comes on here and claims there team is the best in the PVC yet FF has won the league in98-99,99-00,02-03,03-04,05-06,06-07,07-08,08-09,10-11,and 11-12.
Fans like to think their team is the best. You do it all the time in football season, yet FF always sucks.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

FF football is 18-12 the last 3 seasons ill take that a Cadet football fan.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

I can't wait for the season to start,this much bashing right now means it's going to be a fun season of basketball.I think it's going come down to the champs(FF) and river with trail and the zeps battling for 3rd place.That leaves monroe,frontier and Caldwell bringing up the rear.

Fighting_Scots1
Freshman Team

Post by Fighting_Scots1 »

Don't sleep on Caldwell ... A lot of young talent. The key, though, is the word 'young'. The guard (Wiechman) will have to really have a nice year, which he will. The key will be how the younger players step up and grow. I think Fort Frye will have their work cut out for them at the top, but it is hard to bet against a program that has seen so much success with a few solid players returning. River HAS to be the favorite with the solid team that they bring to the floor. I would be shocked to see anyone knock them out of that top spot, but that is why we play the game ... At the end of the day my opinion is just as valuable as the next guy's.

Zeps have some nice guard play returning ... Trail has some lights out shooters on the roster ... Not real sure about Frontier or Monroe Central - doesn't seem like many on here are favoring them to do much.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Good thing this isn't the BCS.I'm telling you right now FF and River will spilt.Don't count Trail out I like the JV big number 5 ,Starr,Beaver,and Roe.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

Can't wait to get the season started.I think the league can have 3 teams playing in the district title game.(River,FF and Trail)

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Trail won't be as good as last year. They are poorly coached so the three guards they have, while nice, won't improve much if any from last year. They won't have the muscle under the bucket they had and that will hurt them. I see them finishing 3rd-5th somewhere and no better then a sectional title. I believe it will go:
1. River 12-0 in league play
2. Fort Frye 10-2 in league play
3. Trail 6-6
3. Caldwell 6-6
5. Shenandoah 5-7
6. Central 3-9
7. Frontier 0-12

Not sure about non-league schedules so I will give predictions later.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Trail has the real big tall athletic kid from JV they will be fine.River is not going 12-0 league there not the holt grawl of basketball..Good team but your talking them up like they're the 96 bulls.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

EasternDspy wrote:Trail has the real big tall athletic kid from JV they will be fine.River is not going 12-0 league there not the holt grawl of basketball..Good team but your talking them up like they're the 96 bulls.
And you never talk up FF like that? Come on man, let people have their opinion. We all know FF recent success in the PVC. With that said, that has no bearing on this coming season. River went to what, districts last year? And return basically everybody. It's hard to go against something like that. You're entitled to your opinion, the same as everyone else.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I doubt any team goes 12-0.River should be very good but in my opinion not the favorite I coud be wrong.Also FF and Trail went districts as well.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

They may not, that is a tough task with a competitive league. River literally lost no players from a team that took Fort to the wire in the de facto league title game at the end of last season. Fort returns it's best player and best defender but are weaker in at least two of the other three spots. You lose your perimeter threats in Schwendeman and Eddy....they are going to miss them for sure. You also lose one of the best coaches in Ohio, that impact will be seen as well. Not saying that the new coach won't be very good but those are big shoes to fill.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I agree with a lot you say and you could be right but one thing you are not factoring in is Chandler Langs scoring.Last season he really defered to Kyle and Eddy.He has until last year always been a 20 ppg guy.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

I don't think they're big shoes to fill, they're HUGE !!!!!!!i I do think Lang will score more if Smith will let him.Just think Smith will force more shots this year. River will be fine unless Price shoots more than he should.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

EasternDspy wrote:I doubt any team goes 12-0.River should be very good but in my opinion not the favorite I coud be wrong.Also FF and Trail went districts as well.
Yes, all those three teams went to districts last year. However, like someone else pointed out, only one of those teams returns everyone. I've seen a couple PVC teams play already this summer, one of them being River. They play extremely well together and will be tough for anyone to beat.

tphelps
Waterboy

Post by tphelps »

Who will be some of the x-factors on each team this upcoming season?

chickem hawk 38
Riding the Bench

Post by chickem hawk 38 »

rumor has it that shon smith is leaving the fort and headed to warren

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

The Shenandoah coach was telling everyone that at the Caldwell shoot out. One of our kids called him and he said that is not true, that people have been saying that since he was a freshman.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

I've heard that every year smitty has been playing.I think he will end his brilliant career winning another PVC title and player of the year.Good luck Shon.....

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Shon is Dan Liedtkes son haha.Yes I know big Dan does not coach Boys anymore but he is still there as Shons mentor.Shon will be ready for a good season.

redskinpride
Riding the Bench

Post by redskinpride »

i agree and i never said lang was a bad plyer is is a great defensive player but not a scorer if caldwell can shut down smith the cadets are very beatable and trail has shooters and experence they wil b very hard to beat

Return to “Boys Basketball”