PFLOYD

frog
Waterboy

Re: PFLOYD

Post by frog »

As always, praying for only the absolute best outcome possible. You will be in our thoughts and prayers as you begin
this next "adventure" on your way to the championship round!!!! YOU have come a very long way, can't give in to the
anxiety now. Time to step up and get through!!! Lots of people are behind you holding you up in thoughts and prayers.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... frog - I DID survive this "adventure" ... as per everything I've done I didn't do it easily LOL ...

Napkin Stats - Pfloyd OSU stay ...

Days : 12 ... pfloyd has been hospitalized for 43 days/nights in the last 8 months - more than enough in my book

Feet of intestine removed : 1 foot each of large and small intestine
Cancerous Lesions removed : 2 lesions removed from liver, 1 large cancerous mass removed from intestines
Number of NG tubes inserted : 2 (one while I was out, 2nd while I was awake)
Shots of Heparin: 33
3am Blood Draws : 12
Nurse rotations : 54
Weight Lost : 12 lbs
Medical staff I would recommend : ALL of them - the James folks are awesome

... a great staff at the James that took care of me, lots of mixed emotions upon finally being released as the connections made were strong the thoughts upon leaving are still "I hope I never see any of you again " ...

... I'm home , I'm looking forward to getting stronger every day , hoping that what I've gone through will add more time to the "game clock" ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I seem to be getting better each day, still have some "internal" pains but I would assume that is normal ... I have my post op appointment with the surgical team Tuesday at 11 am ... I anticipate a good report - the only requirement I have is to give up some more blood LOL - I signed on for OSU to do research on my "internal donation" from my surgery , they took 4 vials of blood during surgery and will need the same post op ( comparing blood prior to the removal of the cancerous mass with blood samples post op) ... I get through this week it will be 4 weeks post op with another 4 weeks of "recovery" before I can start doing physical activity again - I'M READY!!!! ... after Tuesday I will have my sights set on July 22nd (CT scan at OSU) followed by an appointment with my oncologist on Thursday July 25th to go over the CT results/blood draw/Labs ... hoping they leave me alone for awhile after that appointment - would be nice to have a 3-6 month observation period with no treatments/no surgeries/no hospital stays ...

frog
Waterboy

Post by frog »

Pfloyd, here's to a fantabulous report on your next round of appointments. Prayers and positive thoughts are
heading out and up. Time for all good news and less hospital/doctor visits for you and your family. Time for recovery
and renewal and back to work. You have a lot to get done in the coming months.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... one appointment down 2 to go this month ... saw the surgeon for the post op appointment - all good ... he poked around, opened the incision slightly, told me that I should be able to start doing physical activity - golf, golf and more golf - after another 2 weeks hanging back on the recovery side ... July 22nd has me having a new/baseline CT scan followed by a summary of the scan with my oncologist to see what direction the TEAM wants to go ...

... feeling better, getting anxious to get out doing something! asked the doc about golf - not for 2 weeks - asked the doc about buying a new Callaway Xtreme Driver - said go for it !!! I like that guy !!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... getting closer - CT scan this Monday afternoon at the James in C'bus ... we'll see where I stand after the surgery in mid June ... the scans will give the oncologists a NEW baseline as to where the "battle lines" are now ... I will get results on Thursday early afternoon during my oncologist team appointment ... I'm doing well after the surgery, it's been almost 5 weeks now - I just mowed the grass this afternoon, trimmed as well ... I have tenderness in the abdomen and on my liver where they removed the cancerous lesions/masses - but it is all within tolerable limits, most noticeable after I exert myself (like today LOL) but it feels good to be out and active ... next up is the golf course this coming week! surgeon said 6 weeks/ it will be 6 weeks this week - time to push the envelope some more!!! head to Lancaster to the driving range Friday to test the waters if all goes well I'll be on the links the following week woot! woot !!! ... 4 weeks has school starting up again/ I will be going back for year number 32! hoping for a year without interruption from treatments or hospital stays - we'll see, take things as they come one day at a time ...

frog
Waterboy

Post by frog »

It is so good to hear that you are doing so well. Glad that you are on the last of the scans and stuff for a while. I hope that
the news on Thursday is the absolute best that it can be and you can get back into the golf world, football world, hoops world,
and school zone on time and full force. Thank you for keeping us ALL on SEOPS up to speed on how you are doing. :122245

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

...the folks (such as yourself) on SEOPs are like "family" - I have to keep all informed, they have been such a BIG part of my battle from the beginning. so much support from folks I know and many I don't know ... from the beginning when things didn't look so good I could count on my SEOPs family to provide support - it was/is comforting to get on the computer when things aren't going well and see/feel the support from so many - gives me strength when I need it most, gives me a kick in the butt when I'm feeling down, gives yet more reasons to keep fighting the fight, keep adding time to the game clock ... my SEOPs family is special - I'm very fortunate to have such great people in my corner ...

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Now remember which end of the club to use on the driving range..lol.....may your putter be acurate, your driver be long and you have a sharp pencil for the scorecard.....God Bless.......
wipala

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

wipala - I'll make sure I play my first rounds at courses that have "pencils" with erasers too!!! :mrgreen: ..." remember which end of the club to use" LOL - I play my best golf on the driving range!!! LOL ... I'm excited to get outside and get active again ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... CT scan is in the books - not too uncomfortable this time either , the nurse did a good "stick" to start with made it less uncomfortable when they injected the dye ... results on Thursday at 11:15 or so ... fingers are crossed that nothing has come up since the surgery ... be positive "ALL will be good Thursday!" I've got a life to get back to!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... results are in : NED - NO Evidence of Disease in my abdomen after the surgery of June 17th ! ... the CT scan showed that I am now beginning with a "blank slate" as far as my intestines/liver/bowels are concerned - they took everything out that needed to come out - and so far nothing as surfaced in the last 6 weeks ... points for the good guys!!!

... the CT scan did not include my chest where there were lesions on the left lung, doc said that she was not concerned ... YET LOL ... that the last 2 scans that showed that I was "stable" included the lung lesions/which in those 2 scans had not grown, had shrunk in size (deep breath) ... I have my next scheduled CT scan on Oct 17th - full body scan at that time, it WILL show where I stand with the lung lesions and anything else that has developed BUT until that time I AM TREATMENT FREE for another 3 months!!!! woot woot!!! with a good scan in October it will bring with it the first Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years with family!!! hoops action from the BEGINNING of the season ( the Zane Trace Tip Off , the Beasts of the SouthEast, Athens @ ASVSM!) ...

... the game clock in now logging MORE and MORE time on it - I'm smiling!!!

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

pfloyd wrote:... results are in : NED - NO Evidence of Disease in my abdomen after the surgery of June 17th ! ... the CT scan showed that I am now beginning with a "blank slate" as far as my intestines/liver/bowels are concerned - they took everything out that needed to come out - and so far nothing as surfaced in the last 6 weeks ... points for the good guys!!!

... the CT scan did not include my chest where there were lesions on the left lung, doc said that she was not concerned ... YET LOL ... that the last 2 scans that showed that I was "stable" included the lung lesions/which in those 2 scans had not grown, had shrunk in size (deep breath) ... I have my next scheduled CT scan on Oct 17th - full body scan at that time, it WILL show where I stand with the lung lesions and anything else that has developed BUT until that time I AM TREATMENT FREE for another 3 months!!!! woot woot!!! with a good scan in October it will bring with it the first Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years with family!!! hoops action from the BEGINNING of the season ( the Zane Trace Tip Off , the Beasts of the SouthEast, Athens @ ASVSM!) ...

... the game clock in now logging MORE and MORE time on it - I'm smiling!!!

Great news Floyd,look forward to more good reports in October. Now we got to work on getting the Hippo back.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thank you Eaglepapaw - my feet haven't touched the ground since getting the news from the oncologist LOL ... and YES!I WANT MY HIPPO BACK!!! :mrgreen:

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

GREAT NEWS PFLOYD...will be great to see you back on the roundball circuit in full force!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... oldtrojan - thank you ... I'm excited about the possibility of being in good health for the start of school, football season, the start of hoops season (I'm smiling as I'm typing LOL) ... quality of life right now is awesome, the best it's been in 3 years now (crossing my fingers) ... the thought of getting to do the Zane Trace Tip Off Classic, getting down to the river to see the Beasts of the Southeast, and all of the Southern/Southeastern Ohio locals in between - I pray everyday that it all happens ...

... I got down to the Portsmouth area this past weekend to see my mom - she turned 83 last weekend - saw 4 of my 5 sisters, my brother and a slew of nieces and nephews ... great time, due to me being hospitalized so much over the winter I hadn't seen my mom since last October! It's always good to go home ...brings back many great memories from growing up in the Portsmouth area, gives me strength and more reasons to keep fighting, keep adding time to the game clock ...

...thanks again oldtrojan - your support and the support of so many others has put me "in the lead" in this battle vs cancer ... my SEOPs support has made a difference I truly believe this ... I have checked SEOPs every single day the last almost 3 years, not a day has gone by that someone has not posted something to boost my morale - I owe so much to all of you ... thank you ...

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Great to see the Hippo back on the screen
wipala

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... just a quick update - I AM FEELING SO GOOD!!! no fatigue, I feel so ME which i can say I haven't felt like for the last 3 years heading back to work ... it is so AWESOME!!! it's been 8 weeks now since I had surgery, I am cleared to do whatever I want, I have been out hitting golf balls the last 2 weeks, have gone to see my Purple Golf team play ( one of my kids when I coached shot a (-2) 69 yesterday to get medalist honors ... heck I ran into HawkeyePierce at the Logan golf Invite Monday - always nice to put a face with the SEOP name as Hawkeye is the Vinton County varsity golf coach - thanks for introducing yourself Hawkeye I've seen you at every VC basketball obviously and even had an inkling that THAT was you but you and Coach Combs & Co are always pretty busy at games so I hadn't introduced myself ... my new Callaway udesign RAZR Fit XTREME Driver showed up last week I had "Cancer Sucks" engraved in the sole plate and just for 93dog I had the head done in purple LOL ...

... Oct 17th is my next big date with a CT scan to see where things stand after 3 months ... I'm doing/feeling great 3 months at a time ... staying positive that I am ahead in this game of LIFE to stay ... love seeing that game clock keep showing more and more minutes on it ..

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... still feeling great!!! have an official oncologist appointment next week October 17th, they will draw labs and do THE CT scans - full body this go-round to see what has happened since my summer surgery ... my fingers are all crossed that all is good would be so nice to have Thanksgiving/Christman/New Years at home with family ... haven't been home for Christmas for the last 2 years , been undergoing treatments at OSU Medical Center ... staying positive! all is going to be good with the scans, hoping the doc gives me 6 months before I need to go back this time - THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME!!! ... lots going on - spent this past week/weekend in Columbus with my boys at the Presidents Cup, Mrs. Floyd and I have bought a new house!!! - okay an 1871 model is not new BUT it will be great when we finish fixing it up - we should be moving in the next week or two , the Hope Blooms organization is having a 5K run this Saturday at Lake Logan for a youngster who has cancer - Joe Howdyshell AND myself- Pfloyd!!! I will be there to "WALK" the 5K - pfloyd lost his "run" many years ago LOL ... I have known Joe Howdyshell from the time he was in diapers as pfloyd's neighbor when we first moved to Logan some 25 years ago ... Joe has been fighting cancer since 2007, he recently lost his eye due to cancer this past summer ... he is a great kid! has shown such strength in his battle against this disease that shows no mercy ... Joe was to be honored at the 5K BUT he said that he would only do it IF the organization also honored me - pfloyd - at the 5K ... I was/am totally humbled by Joe's request and Hope Blooms in their wanting to honor me as well - I thank you ... The 5K starts with registration from 8-9 am at the Lake Logan Beach, the run/walk begins at 9am - as I said I - pfloyd WILL be there to support Joe and the Hope Blooms organization ...

... just found out that Joe had his 3 month scans and they came back "clean" - awesome news right there ... maybe we can make that a 2'fer when I go for my scans next week - I'm hoping and praying anyway ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... finished the Hope Blooms 5K to honor myself & Joe Howdyshell EVEN "sprinted" the last 1/2 mile!!! ... I have got to be healthy!!! ... painting party Sunday at the new Pfloyd house - staying busy, feeling good, working hard - life is good ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”