PFLOYD

Skiisme
All Conference

Re: PFLOYD

Post by Skiisme »

PFloyd, just read all the posts from this past summer up until recently. Sounds like you had a pretty busy schedule at the James, but the end results were excellent. I have not had a lot of time to do high school hoops yet, but starting tonight, going to see my VC Vikings play the Wellston Rockets. Looking forward to seeing a lot of games from now until Convo time!! Glad to read you are doing well and be blessed in 2014!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... heading for the James tomorrow , 1/16 ... have my regularly scheduled CT Scan to see where I stand ... hoping for the best and preparing for the "other" ... as I've posted - I'm feeling good ... will know if that is a good thing about 4:30pm tomorrow ...

frog
Waterboy

Post by frog »

Pfloyd, how can it go wrong, with a dancing purple hippo! A group of supportive fans that follow you every week on SEOPS!. All the basketball
you still need to see this season, a great holiday season and a brand new year! All point to a great report!!! POSITIVE thoughts headed to the JAMES!!!
Prayers going up to the "HEAD COACH'.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... "Coach" must be listening to all those prayers - I'm sure he is wondering why a purple hippo is so darn important LOL ... CT scan results - stable for the 4th consecutive scan - 1 year stable ... doesn't sound perfect BUT being on this end of "stable" is one of the sweetest words you ever want to hear ... I have a couple of spots that need to be biopsied by my dermatologist - nothing significant, they may not be cancerous/may be fatty cysts - won't know for sure until they are removed which may or may not need hospitalization - setting up the appointment with my dermatologist in Athens for next week to see what she says BUT ALL is good!!! no treatments on the horizon, I will have a regularly scheduled 3 month oncologist appt in 3 month - even better news is that I don't have to have another CT scan for the next 6 months !!! ... I'm going to win this game - as long as it takes - I going to get the "W" ... I get to see the rest of the hoops season, finish the school year, start the summer before my next scan - brilliant! ...

... frog & everyone - thank you for the support , the prayers ... the "Head Coach" is scratching his head trying to figure out what all the support for a dancing purple hippo is all about ... the game goes on ...

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

AWESOME! God bless

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... got my oncologist orders today - next appointment set for April 17th - no scans!!!! woohoo !!! ... I do have outpatient surgery to remove my port on Wednesday Feb. 5th ... I got this !!! ... set a vacation on the calendar with the family to the Outer Banks - my first time on a family vacation in 3 years !!!! "Coach" has me in the game as a starter !!! yesssssssssssssssss!!!!! ...

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Awesome news! God has rewarded you for your faith and desire! Enjoy the OB!

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

wipala wrote:Awesome news! God has rewarded you for your faith and desire! Enjoy the OB!
Pfloyd, I sent you a pm

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

...what a strange week !!! basketball games cancelled , rescheduled and cancelled again due to the weather ... in staying with the word of the season "postponed" I postponed my surgery to have my port removed due to what I thought would be the Warren vs Athens game being played today Wednesday the 5th ... it was cancelled !!! sooooo because of the ice storm we had here in the Hocking Hills my spot for surgery was not filled !!! - no one could get in to take it LOL ... I am now going to have surgery AS SCHEDULED to remove my port ... today , 4/5/14 ... no postponement , no cancellation ... it's happening ... 4pm ... outpatient surgery so all should go well ... I'll be home for a late dinner - end of story ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Great news

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the port is gone ... surgery went well - no problems ... sore - doc said with the duel port as large as it is - removing it from me chest is like having a refrigerator taken out LOL ... leaves a hole ...but we're all sewed back together and on the mend ...LIFE goes on ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… just a side note here today … I was able to go thru an entire boys high school basketball season without interruption - no treatments!!! one of my goals for this year was to see another season of high school hoops - check … by getting through THIS season it sets me up for NEXT season !!! I have to see ANOTHER season of high school hoops/post season … meet up with all of the fans I have met over the years - talk some hoops , talk some life … rub elbows with the coaches in SE Ohio - some of the BEST folks you will meet anywhere AND they know the game of basketball …

… I go to the James again on April 17th …blood draws and an evaluation of the blood work to see if anything is abnormal then 3 more months of freedom before my next scan in the middle of July - I get to have a summer (I say that every year and something comes up to throw a wrinkle in those plans - last summer I had surgery to remove as much of the cancer as possible/an intestinal resection/ removing of lesions from my liver) … trying to stay positive that I WILL in fact get to enjoy a summer - working on the new(old) house , mowing some grass, doing work on the outside of the house … vacation with family on the OBX … heck I want to see some basketball shoot outs/scrimmages this summer as well !!! … too far down the road to focus on yet …

… been a difficult year emotionally - as we here on SEOPs have lost a few of our own - in the Ironton area "cagelewis" she has been missed every single time Ironton hits the field/court … Jesco White from Lucasville who was taken from us during the hoops season but remains with us as the Valley team battled into the tourney … my brother Bill who passed away in February without warning … the "head coach" must be testing me both physically and emotionally … those folks are missed many times over … then we have learned of youngsters who are having to fight cancer ( a freshman cheerleader in Symmes Valley, a 9 year old in New Boston etc) … please continue to send up prayers of support for all of us … support - such a key to recovery … such a key to just getting a mind set to do battle, to go through all of the treatments, all of the losses so you can regroup to push yourself to get at first small wins … the small wins give you the strength to go for some major victories … with the BIG "Ws" comes positive thoughts, with the positive thoughts you begin getting ahead of the game - finally … and LIFE goes on …

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

AMEN!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… it's been 3 months - time to head back to the James Medical Center Thursday afternoon for blood draws and an appointment with my oncologist … no scans this time around that will happen in mid July unless something shows in the blood work Thursday … anxious but not overly so this time - it's those darn CT Scans that set your mind to wandering , thinking about the worst case scenarios … as I have said many times during this one year of treatment free living - I'm feeling good, feeling like myself … keeping the faith and positive thoughts to stay ahead in this game of LIFE …

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… good report from the blood draw on Thursday … everything looked "okay" to the doc … which prompted the pfloyd question of "okay - good" or "okay - there is something there you are watching " ? LOL … answer was "okay - good" … I'm now good to roam around the country through July 14th (CT scans) … July 17th (oncologist will give me the results in my 3 month appointment) …

… that was the good news on Thursday … this was followed by the passing of my father-in-law early Saturday morning … very difficult time as Mrs. Pfloyd and myself, along with my wife's brother were there for a nice visit on Friday/Friday night only to get the phone call at 5:30am that he had passed quietly in the early morning (sigh) … the head coach is making the road very bumpy - as my nephew lost his new born child in January, my brother passed away in mid February and now my father in law passing Easter weekend …

… and Life goes on …

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Enjoy the season my friend. Keep on keeping on. You and the Mrs. Have earned the privilege to enjoy a
Blessed summer.
God Bless
Wipala

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… been doing great health wise so far this summer … I have my 6 month CT scans coming up on July 14th with my oncologist appointment to follow on July 17th to provide the results … as I said I feel great/ have been walking 5 miles per day to try and change my shape from round to something less than round LOL … I have inherited an incisional hernia from last summers surgery - no problems with it thus far/limits my physical capabilities but if that's the worst it gets - I'm good …

… I'll let everyone know what the results of the scans are next week - I've been "stable" in my last 4 scans … looking forward to being "stable" or better this time around with another 6 months added to game clock … I'm playing for ties or better in this game of Life …

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… my CT scan results were positive … decreased size in the lesions on my lungs … where they removed the cancerous areas in my abdomen in June 2013 - no evidence of metastatic disease noted … I return to the oncologist in October for regularly scheduled blood draws & results followed in 3 more months by my next CT scans (Mid January) … life is good … I get to participate in the Football season (from the cheap seats LOL) as well as start the 2014-15 hoops season in SEO … Living Life - it IS awesome !!!

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Great news! Praise God

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

How's Mr. PFLOYD? I haven't seen any post made lately and that's unusual this close to basketball season.

Return to “Boys Basketball”