Marietta College shootout

gotribe
Waterboy

Marietta College shootout

Post by gotribe »

How did the Washington County teams do ? Warren, Waterford, Belpre, Fort Frye, Marietta, Belpre, Frontier. I assume all of them were there.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Marietta College shootout

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye played Sunday.Went 6-2 without Shon Smith.Lost in championship by 3 to Columbus Centinaial boths losses came to them.Beat Caldwell without Smith which was a big win.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

wow...that was a great day for fort then,I think Centinail is A very good school in division 1.Who was the better player today,Lang or the little guy from Caldwell(weikman)?Where was Smith,is he hurt?Is Caldwell suppose to be good this year?

chickem hawk 38
Riding the Bench

Post by chickem hawk 38 »

I know warren faced off against river in the championship Saturday, river was up the whole game price lead them all day river went 4-4 on the day that I seen but lost to warren, marietta and d1 zanesville blue devils. They came back to beat marrietta in the semi finals by 3 then warren beat them on a last second buzzer beater 3 and won 20-18. They will be back next sat will caldwell or forst?

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Caldwell will not be back in Marietta next weekend. They played pretty well for being so young. Won a few games, only team they couldn't compete with was Centenial which was the case for pretty much everyone down there. Cool that Fort gave them a game in the shortened championship game, I believe in pool play fort's 25 point loss to them was the closest anyone came. Caldwell played without likely freshmen starter tanner clark who had a sprung ankle. Cadets/Redskins played in the tournament portion, believe Fort won 22-18. Wiechman and Lang pretty much offset each other. Both good ball players.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

The Warren Warriors Varsity went 7-1 on the day and beat River in the championship. Juniors Evan French and Reece Patton
played extremely well and 6'5" sophomore Michael Hall added length as well as scoring punch. This team will have no trouble scoring but bulk under the basket will be an issue.

The Warrior JV squad captured the championship as well. Going undefeated on the day.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

Has any other PVC teams played in any shootouts yet and if so who should we keep our eyes on this.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea FF dident the leagues best player and Caldwell was missing Tanner Clark.Smith was at the beach or something.Fort Frye has earned the fact to be the league favorite.

coachmc
Waterboy

Post by coachmc »

I was there Saturday. I was impressed with Bloom Caroll they will be tuff next season. I also thought Perry had a good showing. Northridge also played well. Whats eveyone elses thoughts on Saturday's shootout games?

Johnny_Marzetti
Waterboy

Post by Johnny_Marzetti »

Bloom won the tournament. Licking Valley was runner-up.

Athens looked good. Much better than last year.
River also has a good team.

Btw, BC only had 6 guys and was playing without some key contributors, like Dalton Vennata (sp).

Return to “Boys Basketball”