southeast coaches?

downtown95
Waterboy

Re: southeast coaches?

Post by downtown95 »

Both Underwood and Beucler might have been at their schools, but I don't think either one was varsity coaches 20 years ago. And I know that they did not coach against each other when they were in the same league. Georgetown left the leauge after the 95 season and Jerry Lewis was still varsity coach then. Maybe someone can find out when both Beucler and Underwood started as Varsity coaches.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

bengalfan76 wrote:
sparky wrote:where was fitch before eastern?
NW as an assistant I believe.
Fitch was at Northwest as an assistant and 8th grade boys coach. His first season at Eastern was 07-08

Stapleton at New Boston is the longest tenured coach in the SOC1, he also had a few years at NB before his current stint so this is his 2nd run as coach there.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

LetsGoPSU wrote:The days of loyalty are gone, My girl plays and she will have her third coach in the four years

In 1986 I played for Joe Stewart at Piketon, in 87' Ron Lovely, and in 88' Ray Taylor. In those 3 years we were 1st in the league in 86, and 2nd in the league the other two years! lol Loyalty isnt just a new issue!

Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Post by Amarranavajas »

Jay has been at NY for a long, long time. Hasn't been the head coach all that time. But he has been the coach for more than ten years total over the last 15 or so.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

SOCFAN1430 wrote:
bengalfan76 wrote:
sparky wrote:where was fitch before eastern?
NW as an assistant I believe.
Fitch was at Northwest as an assistant and 8th grade boys coach. His first season at Eastern was 07-08

Stapleton at New Boston is the longest tenured coach in the SOC1, he also had a few years at NB before his current stint so this is his 2nd run as coach there.

Stapleton is the longest-tenured coach in the SOC I, however this is his only stint at New Boston. He became the head coach at NB when previous head coach/AD, Chris Porter, left to become the Asst Principal/AD at Wheelersburg. Stapleton was previously the JV coach at South Webster when Brett Roberts was head coach.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

LetsGoPSU wrote:The days of loyalty are gone, My girl plays and she will have her third coach in the four years
Just gotta hire that right guy.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

oh believe me we try, third coach in four years,they just all start a family

Return to “Boys Basketball”