Hillsboro Defeats Eastern Brown

Ushoot2Ishoot3
Riding the Bench

Hillsboro Defeats Eastern Brown

Post by Ushoot2Ishoot3 »

Went up to watch the game, was suprised by the outcome. Eastern needs to pick it up a notch.

r1master
Riding the Bench

Re: Hillsboro Defeats Eastern Brown

Post by r1master »

Hillsboro must be better than many people originally thought...I didn't expect them to beat Lynchburg, and I definitely didn't expect them to beat Eastern Brown.

Also surprised by the Leesburg-Fayetteville outcome. I thought the Lions would win that one fairly easy. Definitely been some early-season surprises

Ushoot2Ishoot3
Riding the Bench

Post by Ushoot2Ishoot3 »

What happened in the Leesburg game? Hadnt heard?

r1master
Riding the Bench

Post by r1master »

SocFan posted that Fayetteville beat Fairfield 78-65...I'm assuming that was the outcome, haven't seen a score anywhere else

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

After watching both at ZT this shocks me. I know they played different caliber opponents, but Eastern still seemed a notch of two above Hillsboro. Obviously not though, good win.

Ushoot2Ishoot3
Riding the Bench

Post by Ushoot2Ishoot3 »

23's shot was so smooth, he wasnt hitting, that happens. His secondary strength though was one move, crossover left, spin right, shot. Once seen by Hillsboro, thats how they played him. I think if someone worked on expanding his game he would be a lethal player. Currently he is just a good player, not average by any means. Hillsboro's D was impressive for a young team.... still just suprised after their loss to Valley.

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Post by sinjinian »

He's getting his college paid for to play basketball on the D2 level so I'll take being just a good player any day. College programs are generally pretty good at making players better.

Ushoot2Ishoot3
Riding the Bench

Post by Ushoot2Ishoot3 »

Yes some are, but after watching him i really feel he is settling, he may be a bit better than D2 if he had a right trainer/advanced, he is already ahead of most due to height.

downtown95
Waterboy

Post by downtown95 »

Fairfield held Lawson to 6 points last night. The shots he did take were off balanced or forced.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

what d2 school is hart committed to?

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

After seeing both at ZT I never would have thought this outcome. Is Hillsboros coaching staff new? If so, he has done some real good work in a few weeks. If not, then a good coach making proper adjustments. Kudos to the young Hillsboro squad, they beat a quality opponent.

Return to “Boys Basketball”