River Valley @ Southeastern 12-21-12

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

River Valley @ Southeastern 12-21-12

Post by HoopsHotHead »

After winning its first game of the season, the Raiders have put together a 5 game losing streak.......hope that Coach Hill and his staff can get this season turned around Friday....

Coming off what could be their best performance of the year, even in a loss against VC......the Raiders need to build upon that and turn the corner....

I am really pleased with the play of RV guard Tyler Twyman....#14......he can light it up.....boy can shoot......I am also impressed with RV big men Ethan Dovenbarger and Sean Roberts......#32 and #54......these boys shoot the ball with accuracy and set good screens.....both could improve in defensive rebounding.....along with the rest of the team.....

So, let us start fresh on Friday and get on the winning track........this season seems to be slowly slipping away from the Raiders......continue to try taking better care of the ball.....and for goodness sake.....BOX OUT!!!! .....we cannot continue to give our opponents extra shots.....it is so difficult to watch that aspect of their game....or lack there of....

I see a trend in the coaches.....they seem to be grabbing the younger players to insert into game before some of the seniors......seems like you would want to allow the younger players to stick together and build chemistry while dominating the jv games......winning at any level would be nice for the fans......now all i am seeing is a depleeted jv squad that was winning and no longer winning and a varsity squad that started confident and now players are scared to mess up for fear that a freshman or soph. will take their spot.......

GOOD LUCK TO THE RAIDERS THIS FRIDAY!!!!! WE NEED A WIN!!!!

The hothead will be there and keeping stats......hopfully we keep the panthers of the offensive boards and we cut our turnovers in half.
Last edited by HoopsHotHead on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoBlue22
Freshman Team

Re: River Valley @ Southeastern-Richmondale 12-21-12

Post by GoBlue22 »

FYI: they are no longer called Richmond Dale Southeastern, since the new school is no longer in Richmond Dale. I wander if they will have the game since the weather is not so good.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The school isn't even close now. But, as of an hour ago, every game in Ross County was still on. I'm guessing that it will whether or not RV can get there or not will be if thy play.

Southeastern should get the win at home. Very tough place to get a W.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

And it is postponed.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Re: River Valley @ Southeastern 12-21-12

Post by Raiderball »

Wife and I went to Chillicothe this afternoon to do some shopping. Could not believe the difference in road conditions from Gallia Co through Jackson Co and into Ross. Less snow once we passed Jackson. On past Richmondale the rt 35 was dry and barely any snow at all.

GoBlue22
Freshman Team

Post by GoBlue22 »

I was told that Southeastern was ready to play and RV refused to come. It is rescheduled for Jan. 12.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Im pretty sure the players had no choice in the matter....jan 12 we will see...

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

GoBlue22 wrote:I was told that Southeastern was ready to play and RV refused to come. It is rescheduled for Jan. 12.
Roads in Gallia Co were snow covered.

Return to “Boys Basketball”