SEOP Top 10 - Week 9

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: SEOP Top 10 - Week 9

Post by Ironman92 »

If they are as good as you say they are....it's a bad loss.

Athens losing to 9-8 Wellston is a bad loss.

Eastern has 2 losses....WCH has 5

Eastern lost to Hillsboro....noted.....they also beat Logan Elm pretty good on a neutral site. They are 17-2 and undefeated in the SHAC.

r1master
Riding the Bench

Post by r1master »

Rolling through the SHAC doesnt impress me as much as it used to, and if EB had played Miami Trace, Clinton Massie (d3), and Madison Plains (d3) , they d be sitting at 5 losses as well...the poll is suppose to reflect the TOP 10 teams in the district...WHO people play to get their records does matter if your debating who is the BEST...Saying a team is undefeated in a league that is considered "down" , doesn't impress me as much as a team with 5 losses who is playing better competition.

Wilmington actually received MORE votes in the weekly Enquirer Coaches Poll AFTER their LOSS to Columbus Northland lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Clinton Massie has lost to 8-9 East Clinton and 9-7 Lemon Monroe....and by 30+

No way would they be higher than 4th-6th with those losses.

And all this back and forth.....I dropped WCH a massive 1 spot in my rankings. Lol

As for East Clinton....CM is an excellent win, what other good wins? West Union by 14? West Union and Boston are likely 2 of the 3 worst teams in the 71 team SE District (Jackson the other)....New Boston beat West Union by 13.

Right now...

1. Ironton
2. Warren Local
3. Athens
4. Piketon
5. Eastern Brown
6. Vinton County
7. Minford
8. Eastern Pike
9. Oak Hill
10. Valley
11. Zane Trace
12. Washington CH
13. Miami Trace
14. Logan Elm
15. Fairland

Let's see your guys top 15?...the SCOL guys
Last edited by Ironman92 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

r1master wrote:Rolling through the SHAC doesnt impress me as much as it used to, and if EB had played Miami Trace, Clinton Massie (d3), and Madison Plains (d3) , they d be sitting at 5 losses as well...the poll is suppose to reflect the TOP 10 teams in the district...WHO people play to get their records does matter if your debating who is the BEST...Saying a team is undefeated in a league that is considered "down" , doesn't impress me as much as a team with 5 losses who is playing better competition.

Wilmington actually received MORE votes in the weekly Enquirer Coaches Poll AFTER their LOSS to Columbus Northland lol
Northland is one of the best teams in the state, Clinton Massie is the best team in an average conference, not really a comparison.

Duke lost to NC State and dropped in the rankings, even if that's not a bad loss. That's how polls work everywhere but in your head.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

East Clinton also beat 0-17 Blanchester by 6

r1master
Riding the Bench

Post by r1master »

Haha, I like talking hoops with you man what can I say? Lol

From the games I've actually watched in person and the records / schedules I KNOW to be worthy, right now I have:

1. Ironton
2. Warren
3. Athens
4. Piketon
5. WCH
6. Vinton Co.
7. Minford
8. Miami Trace
9. Eastern Brown
10. Valley
11. Eastern Pike
12. Logan Elm
13. Zane Trace
14. Notre Dame
15. Oak Hill

EC is a small school playing in a big school conference...never claimed they were GREAT by any means, but wouldnt call a loss to them a "bad loss". they would probably roll through a conference with schools their size, just like they did last year. That's why their record looks somewhat weak, they re battling some of the bigger schools around them on a nightly basis..comparing they re size, I would call ALL of their league wins as good wins...Just as I'm sure Whiteoak and Eastern Brown down consider Hillsboro as that much of a "bad loss"

r1master
Riding the Bench

Post by r1master »

NO lol ....East Clinton beat 0-17 Blanchester 84-40, didn't play a single top 7 guy the entire 4th quarter...where u getting that info?????

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Is WCH losing to Logan Elm by 30 a bad loss?

r1master
Riding the Bench

Post by r1master »

Danica, yes that would definitely be a bad loss....and you never answered my question...if Ironton LOST to Warren, and Piketon crushed North Adams, would you slide Piketon up in front of Ironton in your next poll??? Cause the way you explain it that's how it would, and "in my head" that wouldn't be accurate lol

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

r1master wrote:Danica, yes that would definitely be a bad loss....and you never answered my question...if Ironton LOST to Warren, and Piketon crushed North Adams, would you slide Piketon up in front of Ironton in your next poll??? Cause the way you explain it that's how it would, and "in my head" that wouldn't be accurate lol
No I wouldn't. I would move Warren up and I wouldn't have my #4 jump the #1.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

r1master wrote:NO lol ....East Clinton beat 0-17 Blanchester 84-40, didn't play a single top 7 guy the entire 4th quarter...where u getting that info?????
Saturday, December 29th

East Clinton 66
Blanchester 59 (7 points sorry)

Per Highland Co Press

r1master
Riding the Bench

Post by r1master »

And that was the point I have been trying to make all along, even if the discussion got a bit off topic...lol if a top team falls to another top team, they shouldn't get bumped and replaced by a team who played an easier opponent. CM has a unique team, and my statement was WCH shouldn't fall much for losing to them in overtime...guess alot people who vote dont catch many games of the "northern" southeast teams.. they haven't gotten much love by voters all year long, even after they rattled off 13 wins in a row..lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

How can you have WCH that far ahead of Logan Elm when Elm beat them by 30....LE has a similar record...is WCH in a far superior league where 5 losses is better than zero losses? If not then how can LE be below Eastern Brown in your top 15? Why Vinton County so high?....how can you have VC 4 spots over EB?

Oh.....EB beat LE by 10.....LE beat WCH by 30

Certainly makes sense to me lol.

Where are you from and who is your team? How's your bias level? My 2 teams that I have bias to are about the 25th and 70th best team.

r1master
Riding the Bench

Post by r1master »

That was during the Holiday tournament, they also beat them on 1-19-2013 at Blanchester 84-40 ...and in the game you mention they were up by 33 at one point and started playing JV players

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

r1master wrote:And that was the point I have been trying to make all along, even if the discussion got a bit off topic...lol if a top team falls to another top team, they shouldn't get bumped and replaced by a team who played an easier opponent. CM has a unique team, and my statement was WCH shouldn't fall much for losing to them in overtime...guess alot people who vote dont catch many games of the "northern" southeast teams.. they haven't gotten much love by voters all year long, even after they rattled off 13 wins in a row..lol
Do you vote each week? Again....they got to #8 on mine but have lost 3 times since then and I still have then at #12

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

LOL I've seen WCH 4 times, which is the 3rd most I've seen a team this year. My ranking of them has to do with wins and losses. I'm pretty sure that I was the first person to start ranking them in their top 10, but that doesn't mean that if they lose, they don't drop.

The team I have the most bias in my mind would be about 15th in mine and even if I think they have a lot of talent and can make a deep tournament run, they have lost 6 games, so I'm not going to over rank them. You reward teams for winning first and foremost. If they lose, was it to a quality opponent? If so, then the loss isn't as damaging.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

r1master wrote:That was during the Holiday tournament, they also beat them on 1-19-2013 at Blanchester 84-40 ...and in the game you mention they were up by 33 at one point and started playing JV players
So the bench players lost 26 points to Blanchester? Must not have much depth. Lol

You seem to have a problem with the "bad loss" mentioning....were debating semantics it seems. To me a bad loss is a loss that just should not have happened as the better team would probably win 8 or 9 out of every 10 games between the two.

Athens losing to Wellston is very very similar as Clinton Massie losing to East Clinton....and also Lemon Monroe

Vinton County losing to Paint Valley.....or even WCH losing to a similar LE team by 30...that's a bad loss because it was a complete dismantling.

Eastern Brown losing at Hillsboro....it's a borderline bad loss NOW, but when it happened Hillsboro started the season like 6-2.....but if it is also a bad loss, that's their only one. Georgetown is not a bad loss.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

No way Court House is the #5 team in our region. They lost to Waverly at Court House for peat sakes. Waverly has 2 road wins them and Northwest. Your heart is out thinking your head. I'm not saying there not a top 15 club but no way there #5 . If Eastern Beaver (pike) was to loose to a 5 win team would they still be ranked as high as you have then. Nope !! And Eastern has more wins over teams in YOUR top 15 then Court House does.
Last edited by Lightle04 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

In Clinton Massie's other game with East Clinton they won by 1?

r1master
Riding the Bench

Post by r1master »

My teams i am biased for dont play in the Southeast district, but I am an SHL guy who lives in Highland county and catches a lot of games in the area...the only teams I am debating are the ones I have seen play in person, and think that in a head-to-head matchup which team i think is better. Looking at a score and a record in a newspaper doesn't always give an accurate comparison when comparing two teams???...I base my vote off of IF they met head -to-head , on the court, who would win...I don't think some of the D3 and D4 teams ranked high on the list could beat WCH or Miami Trace if they met on the court..just like we saw when EB and Whiteoak struggled against a bigger school like Hillsboro.that's my bias...and my good friend coaches at EC, so I do have a little bias there lol

Return to “Boys Basketball”