Southeastern Distict All-Star game

blacknblue
JV Team

Southeastern Distict All-Star game

Post by blacknblue »

The division 3-4 won the allstar game this evening over the division 1 and 2 allstars. With a final score of 96-77. The games leading scorer and also receiving the game MVP was Alex Bare from Coal Grove with a total of 15 points. Congrats to Bare and the rest of these fine young men that represented the southeastern district very well this year.

86Tiger
JV Team

Re: Southeastern Distict All-Star game

Post by 86Tiger »

I think it it crappy that they have this game before the state tournament!!! What coach is gonna let his kids play in it when they are getting ready to go to the state tournament!!!!!

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

You can't do it after the state tournament either. Spring Sports starting up. But Hey, I guess that doesn't matter.
funny how you never see any all star games during football season or basketball season. But spring time you have All Star Games, North South Games, etc...

little doggy
Freshman Team

Post by little doggy »

bout like money earned from baseball contests will pay the bills !

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

I had no idea this was even played

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I didn't either. It wasnt advertised very well

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="baseball16"]You can't do it after the state tournament either. Spring Sports starting up. But Hey, I guess that doesn't matter.
funny how you never see any all star games during football season or basketball season. But spring time you have All Star Games, North South Games, etc...[/quote]

Oh stop whinning, no one is trying to dis spring sports. It is just that several kids didn't get to participate because they are going to the state tournament and no coach is gonna allow them to play in an all-star game because they may get hurt. So the kids who should have gotten to enjoy that honor don't get to. Oh and FYI the baseball all-star game is in the late summer/early fall if I remember correctly and the North South game is in JULY genius. Either way neither of the two interfere with anything.

downtown95
Waterboy

Post by downtown95 »

Was this District 14 or District 15?

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

downtown95 wrote:Was this District 14 or District 15?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

For several years, the coaches District All-Star games were held at the University of Rio Grande. I thought it was the District 13 All-Star games, both boys and girls. Usually Norm Persin and Jim Osborne were in charge of the events at URG.

Grace22
Freshman Team

Post by Grace22 »

District 14 is Wed 27th.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

86Tiger wrote:
baseball16 wrote:You can't do it after the state tournament either. Spring Sports starting up. But Hey, I guess that doesn't matter.
funny how you never see any all star games during football season or basketball season. But spring time you have All Star Games, North South Games, etc...
Oh stop whinning, no one is trying to dis spring sports. It is just that several kids didn't get to participate because they are going to the state tournament and no coach is gonna allow them to play in an all-star game because they may get hurt. So the kids who should have gotten to enjoy that honor don't get to. Oh and FYI the baseball all-star game is in the late summer/early fall if I remember correctly and the North South game is in JULY genius. Either way neither of the two interfere with anything.
Baseball all star game is 1 st week of June. Mizuno all star game is week after state tournament. June 10 or so. Genius!!!!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

North south all star game is now in April to coincide with the OSU Spring game

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="baseball16"][quote="86Tiger"][quote="baseball16"]You can't do it after the state tournament either. Spring Sports starting up. But Hey, I guess that doesn't matter.
funny how you never see any all star games during football season or basketball season. But spring time you have All Star Games, North South Games, etc...[/quote]

Oh stop whinning, no one is trying to dis spring sports. It is just that several kids didn't get to participate because they are going to the state tournament and no coach is gonna allow them to play in an all-star game because they may get hurt. So the kids who should have gotten to enjoy that honor don't get to. Oh and FYI the baseball all-star game is in the late summer/early fall if I remember correctly and the North South game is in JULY genius. Either way neither of the two interfere with anything.[/quote]

Baseball all star game is 1 st week of June. Mizuno all star game is week after state tournament. June 10 or so. Genius!!!![/quote]

Like I said either way the baseball all-star game doesn't interfere with anything else. My point was that the basketball all-star game should be moved to another time because the kids who are still in tournament play can't play in it. All the other sports have them at times when it doesn't matter. And STILL no one is trying to dis spring sports!!!!! As far as the North South game being in April that must be a recent change because I know for a fact it used to be in July, it used to be the same week as OSU football camp because they always took the kids to it.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Coach Tressell had it moved to April. Right in the middle of spring sports. Kids playing in the game have to miss two weekends of their spring season

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="bengalfan76"]Coach Tressell had it moved to April. Right in the middle of spring sports. Kids playing in the game have to miss two weekends of their spring season[/quote]

How did he have it moved? It had nothing to do with OSU and it was held at Columbus Crew stadium. OSU just took the campers to the game. That is a shame!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

He used his powers of persuasion with the state football coaches association.

Return to “Boys Basketball”