DII - FINAL FOUR - AT THE CONVO!

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Re: DII - FINAL FOUR - AT THE CONVO!

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Athens only has 1 true basketball player and 5 football players playing basketball. Athens went to the regionals two years ago. a lot of talent moves away. Been happening since the school was started
I don't know who you are referring to as your "1 true basketball player," but the best basketball player on the floor was Joe Burrow. He is a pretty good football player as well. I have also read on here from many a Athens fan that Lutz is the best point guard in the area. So there are two basketball players. The twins can stack up against just about anyone in basketball too. I'm sure any coach in the region would love to have those four on his team, and would like his chances of getting to the regional with those four and a kid out of study hall to round out the starting five. :mrgreen:

BlueDuck
Riding the Bench

Post by BlueDuck »

Ground Buck wrote:
RAIDER6309 wrote:Athens only has 1 true basketball player and 5 football players playing basketball. Athens went to the regionals two years ago. a lot of talent moves away. Been happening since the school was started
I don't know who you are referring to as your "1 true basketball player," but the best basketball player on the floor was Joe Burrow. He is a pretty good football player as well. I have also read on here from many a Athens fan that Lutz is the best point guard in the area. So there are two basketball players. The twins can stack up against just about anyone in basketball too. I'm sure any coach in the region would love to have those four on his team, and would like his chances of getting to the regional with those four and a kid out of study hall to round out the starting five. :mrgreen:

Right on. Just because Mr. Burrow is going to play football next season, that does not stop the fact that he is the best basketball player on the floor for the 'Dogs. Can't knock any high school kid for playing multiple sports.

The PG is darn good, but it will be much tougher to distribute the ball to next year's significantly less skilled (or at the very least, less experienced) supporting cast.

nybuckeye99
Waterboy

Post by nybuckeye99 »

Ground Buck wrote:

So how is it exactly that these awesome four players (+ the study hall kid) never made it to the regionals. A coach DID have these four for two years and the big three for four years and never made it to the district finals. What am I missing in this Athens love-fest besides would-a, should-a, could-a?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

WarriorNation123 wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:

So how is it exactly that these awesome four players (+ the study hall kid) never made it to the regionals. A coach DID have these four for two years and the big three for four years and never made it to the district finals. What am I missing in this Athens love-fest besides would-a, should-a, could-a?
They made it to the Regionals where your Warriors beat them in OT 2 years ago.

nybuckeye99
Waterboy

Post by nybuckeye99 »

My apologies...

morgeen
Riding the Bench

Post by morgeen »

You do have to hand it to the The Dogs- they have had a great run the last three years. Bulldog expert Raider has said they will have two kids that will play basketball at the next level along with another kid that was their second leading scorer in the schools history. Add four other boys that will play D-1 football and it has been quite a group of athletes. I would bet they have won more games over a three year period than any other team in the schools history and have been in the AP top ten a bunch of weeks. I will guess most Dog fans are happy with that.

Return to “Boys Basketball”