Post by Raider6309 »

thill2010 wrote:How was Logan Elm the 5 seed and not the 4 seed
no difference in being 4 or 5

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: 2015 DII Logan Sectional

Post by Dundas »

According to Bulldog, Logan Elm was the 4.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I have the bracket and Logan Elm is the five. Who cares because the only difference between four and five is who wears the white jersey in the game.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Compared to last season the debate for the Logan sectional was nothing this time around. Pretty cut and dry.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

bman wrote:Compared to last season the debate for the Logan sectional was nothing this time around. Pretty cut and dry.
Yea I agree. I think Meigs could have a small complaint though. I think they deserved the 7 with the win over VC on Friday but I'm sure some votes were already cast by then. Should be a good week of games in Logan!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Dundas wrote:
bman wrote:Compared to last season the debate for the Logan sectional was nothing this time around. Pretty cut and dry.
Yea I agree. I think Meigs could have a small complaint though. I think they deserved the 7 with the win over VC on Friday but I'm sure some votes were already cast by then. Should he a good week if games in Logan!
I can see your point, but it's nothing as stupid as what happened on the girls side. Since the system has been tested this year, it would be nice if next year the deadline would be moved back to Saturday at midnight so we get everything up through the draw counted on resumes.

Looking forward to the LE-Vinton game in 10 days.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

93Bulldog, Sheridans brothers are not twins. Dylan is older than Connor.

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Post by caldwellbasketball »

Connor is a junior, dylan is a sophomore.

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

When was the last time Logan Elm went one and done in the tournament? This Logan Elm team hasn't impressed me at all this year. They haven't beat any good teams this year and went 0-6 against the top 3 teams in the MSL. I don't see them getting any better next year because they have no height and no one else can score besides Ridge Young.

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

I don't see Logan Elm beating Vinton County and even if they do beat VC they'll get hammered by Warren

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

thill2010 wrote:When was the last time Logan Elm went one and done in the tournament? This Logan Elm team hasn't impressed me at all this year. They haven't beat any good teams this year and went 0-6 against the top 3 teams in the MSL. I don't see them getting any better next year because they have no height and no one else can score besides Ridge Young.
What height did they have last year when they went to the Regionals?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

thill2010 wrote:When was the last time Logan Elm went one and done in the tournament? This Logan Elm team hasn't impressed me at all this year. They haven't beat any good teams this year and went 0-6 against the top 3 teams in the MSL. I don't see them getting any better next year because they have no height and no one else can score besides Ridge Young.
Logan Elm beat Cambridge, which is a traditionally strong program. So far, they've beaten all the teams they should and showed improvement against most of the teams in the league they've played the second time around. The VC game will be a good one and then Warren will be a tough one if LE can get past VC.

Four starters should be back next season and there is some potential with a few of the kids off the JV team. It depends how the returnees work in the offseason. Are they going to be a state championship caliber team? No. Can they compete for the league and maybe for the district next year if they have a good offseason? Yes.

As for your height comment later in the thread, it is really similar as the past couple of years. If LE can continue to play better defense and get more balanced scoring next season, they will get over the hump in these close games against the better teams in our area.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Logan elm is always a tough team to beat. Stiverson is a very good coach.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Meigs vs. Warren on tap for the first game at 6:15 then Logan Elm vs. Vinton County following the first, the second should be a good game but Vinton County hasn't been playing well as of late from what I've read so who knows.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Vinton is well coached and that's a battle of district powers, so I expect Vinton to play a good game. Should be a dandy between LE and Vinton.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

But first tonight:
Athens vs Marietta
Sheridan vs Fairfield Union

Return to “Boys Basketball”