GAHS basketball?

jottings
SEOPS H

GAHS basketball?

Post by jottings »

Haven't heard any reports on GAHS basketball team. Are the Blue Devils taking part in the Jackson summer league? If so, how are they doing?
Thanks.

jottings
SEOPS H

Re: GAHS basketball?

Post by jottings »

Just heard from a reliable source that two GAHS juniors to be will not be playing for GAHS cagers this winter--6-8 Jacob Streiter and 6-6 D. J. Drennen. Strieter is transferring to Huntington St. Joe and Drennen is transferring to South Gallia.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Jottings wrote:Just heard from a reliable source that two GAHS juniors to be will not be playing for GAHS cagers this winter--6-8 Jacob Streiter and 6-6 D. J. Drennen. Strieter is transferring to Huntington St. Joe and Drennen is transferring to South Gallia.
That might be the dumbest thing I have read on seops in a long time. Not saying it's not true, just dumb in my opinion. Why on earth would two players transfer there? Wow!!!

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

Young men realized as long as they stayed at Gallia, they'd never be able to beat Big Blue! So of they want a chance at a Championship they needed to elsewhere. #WarriorNation

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Regulator it is actually a very smart move for Drenner to move to SG, because GA wasn't smart enough to use a kid with a very high ceiling level like Drenner. SG is a better team at the end of the day anyways. So why wouldn't he go play with the best guard in the county in Greer. DJ will be a 20-10 guy all day at SG with a better team and coach. DJ was going to go to ST. Joe also but was to far of a drive everyday to school. So don't bash a kid for the choices they make to better themselves.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Rebels on 3 wrote:Regulator it is actually a very smart move for Drenner to move to SG, because GA wasn't smart enough to use a kid with a very high ceiling level like Drenner. SG is a better team at the end of the day anyways. So why wouldn't he go play with the best guard in the county in Greer. DJ will be a 20-10 guy all day at SG with a better team and coach. DJ was going to go to ST. Joe also but was to far of a drive everyday to school. So don't bash a kid for the choices they make to better themselves.
....as a basketball player

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Yes ironman, as a basketball player

living in the hills
Waterboy

Post by living in the hills »

Not surprised.That program has and is continuing to go down the drain since they fired Osbourne.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Ironman92 wrote:
Rebels on 3 wrote:Regulator it is actually a very smart move for Drenner to move to SG, because GA wasn't smart enough to use a kid with a very high ceiling level like Drenner. SG is a better team at the end of the day anyways. So why wouldn't he go play with the best guard in the county in Greer. DJ will be a 20-10 guy all day at SG with a better team and coach. DJ was going to go to ST. Joe also but was to far of a drive everyday to school. So don't bash a kid for the choices they make to better themselves.
....as a basketball player
How is South Gallia a step up? Just wondering . D4. If they are wanting to better themselves as a basketball player wouldn't you want to play great competition? Hunt st joe??? Really?

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

U obviously don't follow st.joe and understand neither s.g. Nor g.a. Could beat st.Joe top quality education and a chance to play for state titles and hprep treat them as their extended family. Keep in mind neither of those two schools can offer either.so don't criticize someone for setting goals and trying to obtain those regardless if they stay here or leave. Not everyone is afforded the same opportunities in life the ones who take advantage have a better chance at success others dream of what could've been why be a dreamer when u have an opportunity to reach their goals. Don't hate appreciate!

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Judge and Jury wrote:U obviously don't follow st.joe and understand neither s.g. Nor g.a. Could beat st.Joe top quality education and a chance to play for state titles and hprep treat them as their extended family. Keep in mind neither of those two schools can offer either.so don't criticize someone for setting goals and trying to obtain those regardless if they stay here or leave. Not everyone is afforded the same opportunities in life the ones who take advantage have a better chance at success others dream of what could've been why be a dreamer when u have an opportunity to reach their goals. Don't hate appreciate!
I follow all se ohio bball. Did you just say hunt prep treats them as extended family? Are you meaning st joe is like a jv squad to prep? I don't know if you know prep very well, but they are not taking st joe players. I can guarantee you that. And if this player is think he will go there to catch on later with prep he is being driven down the wrong road. There are no, let me repeat, no players in se ohio or wv that can play for prep now or down the road!!! Wow!!!! I've heard it all. :122245 :-D :lol: :lol:

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

Not even going to argue dumb stuff I know for a fact there is two d1 caliber players one at st.Joe And one is in Ashland.I know for a fact two kids in southeast Ohio were offered to come play for prep and none that were or supposedly going to st.joe. Also go talk to the prep staff and ask if they don't consider the st.joe Kids their family and no that doesn't mean that their the JV team but they changed their name to represent the school and kids nationally they use to b the express their the Irish now but of course u knew that already cause u cover all the ball in this area and well aware of everyone's talents. Sounds like your just upset because they left a shell of a program at g.a.

SouthGallia#1 in bball
Riding the Bench

Post by SouthGallia#1 in bball »

Judge and Jury wrote:Not even going to argue dumb stuff I know for a fact there is two d1 caliber players one at st.Joe And one is in Ashland.I know for a fact two kids in southeast Ohio were offered to come play for prep and none that were or supposedly going to st.joe. Also go talk to the prep staff and ask if they don't consider the st.joe Kids their family and no that doesn't mean that their the JV team but they changed their name to represent the school and kids nationally they use to b the express their the Irish now but of course u knew that already cause u cover all the ball in this area and well aware of everyone's talents. Sounds like your just upset because they left a shell of a program at g.a.
Can you type that again in English? Thanks in advance.

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

Ah u guys got it figured out in there!

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Judge and Jury wrote:Not even going to argue dumb stuff I know for a fact there is two d1 caliber players one at st.Joe And one is in Ashland.I know for a fact two kids in southeast Ohio were offered to come play for prep and none that were or supposedly going to st.joe. Also go talk to the prep staff and ask if they don't consider the st.joe Kids their family and no that doesn't mean that their the JV team but they changed their name to represent the school and kids nationally they use to b the express their the Irish now but of course u knew that already cause u cover all the ball in this area and well aware of everyone's talents. Sounds like your just upset because they left a shell of a program at g.a.
Not upset at all. Just tired of stupidity. We will just let it play out, and in a couple yrs just add a told you so!

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

Don't matter to me don't have a dog in the fight! Hope everyone succeeds all the way around would like to see g.a. Win a sectional title strieter play for state title and s.g. Make another district run and possible sweet 16 birth! Because in the end no one cares who wins or loses in the season only. Thing that matters is the tournament! Good luck to all!!!

256pride
Riding the Bench

Post by 256pride »

Lil ole D4 south gallia will hand D2 Gallia their shorts this year you watch.

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

I thought their was another class of 2016 kid leaving Gallia especially since his brother is graduating this year?

living in the hills
Waterboy

Post by living in the hills »

^^^ heard his Mom wants to teach at Gallia and wont let him leave the program???

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

If he is going to SG he will be sitting out a year. Not sure if I was the SG coach I would mess with my team chemistry.

Return to “Boys Basketball”