What is going on at River Valley now?

BlizzardMan
S

Re: What is going on at River Valley now?

Post by BlizzardMan »

kidsarewhatmatters wrote:So im hearing that the raiders may be looking for a new coach after just one season by Coach Quinn. Parents unhappy, school board members maybe involved who knows but i saw they had 0 kids voted to all district team. I always thought any coach deserves more than just one year.
Did Coach Quinn skip the district meeting? If so, that could be a reason why he's in hot water and quite frankly that would change my opinion of this whole situation.

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

Regulator wrote:Bring back Carl Wolfe ! Hey , howie Caldwell is available!!
You all need to get both these guys if you want a chance to almost win the whole danged state. You ran one Racine boy out but you wont run these to out if yer smart enuff ta get them.

UKNate
Freshman Team

Post by UKNate »

I felt like they had a good pool of candidates to choose from last year, and this includes Quinn, their were also a few young guys on the girls and boys side who were passed up on.

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Dr Lou wrote:
Prep Expert wrote:So what your saying Dr Lou is that it's ok for a player to get multiple technicals or cuss the opposing teams bench and not be benched?
No, what I am saying is discipline is not always associated with loss of playing time. That punishes the entire TEAM.

So your saying don't take a kid out if the game that gets a technical or cusses out the opposing teams bench? Dr. Lou you need to apply for the rv basketball job. That community would love a guy like you.

Dr Lou
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr Lou »

Prep Expert wrote:
Dr Lou wrote:
Prep Expert wrote:So what your saying Dr Lou is that it's ok for a player to get multiple technicals or cuss the opposing teams bench and not be benched?
No, what I am saying is discipline is not always associated with loss of playing time. That punishes the entire TEAM.

So your saying don't take a kid out if the game that gets a technical or cusses out the opposing teams bench? Dr. Lou you need to apply for the rv basketball job. That community would love a guy like you.
No I am referring to game suspensions. I agree that a kid who gets a technical or does something inappropriate that you see or are told about by an official on the floor does have to come out of the game.

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

Regulator wrote:Bring back Carl Wolfe ! Hey , howie Caldwell is available!!

I think Howie is too smart to take this dead-end job. They'll be lucky if they find a coach who is willing to put up with the crap at this school.

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

Bevo wrote:
Sid Farkus wrote:School boards are outdated and should no longer exist. Each district should have a manager (supt.), but they should not have to answer to a group of (in some cases) uneducated community members who haven't a clue how to run a school.
Sid your a bit out of touch, what you want is a dictator who spends money has he wishes , hires who he wishes, appoints who he wishes? The system is fine rv has been a school with an excellent rating in academics"what you go to school for" learn.
Athletics is in decent shape as well, they dont have pay to play they have everything paid for. Sounds like a mess to me?? Richard Stephens will tke care of getting a good coach .

If you want to have a successful program you hire a good coach and then allow him to run the program from fourth grade through seniors.

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

My expert opinion is Phil Skidmore. He will turn it around

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

Prep Expert wrote:My expert opinion is Phil Skidmore. He will turn it around
I sense sarcasm in your post but I bet you if Phil were in charge things would not be in the shape they are in at RV! At least Phil gives a darn about the kids and would find someone to coach to head them in the right direction and that's more than I can say about many that have been over the program recently. That being said I do think Quinn cared about them and deserved more time.

4thnpine
Freshman Team

Post by 4thnpine »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4thnpine
Freshman Team

Post by 4thnpine »

sportslifelove wrote:
:aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24

I sense sarcasm in your post but I bet you if Phil were in charge things would not be in the shape they are in at RV! At least Phil gives a darn about the kids and would find someone to coach to head them in the right direction and that's more than I can say about many that have been over the program recently. That being said I do think Quinn cared about them and deserved more time.

kidsarewhatmatters
Riding the Bench

Post by kidsarewhatmatters »

Did anyone hear what happened at the school board meeting tonight?

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

sportslifelove wrote:
No sarcasm from me. Phil was the genius behind RV going to the SEOAL when the school was formed 25 years ago. That worked out pretty well for them. He will lead them in the right direction. He's been developing youth with his rinky dink program for years.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

Prep Expert wrote:
sportslifelove wrote:
No sarcasm from me. Phil was the genius behind RV going to the SEOAL when the school was formed 25 years ago. That worked out pretty well for them. He will lead them in the right direction. He's been developing youth with his rinky dink program for years.
I sense sarcasm again....at least I hope that's what you were going for.

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Yes, Sheldon Cooper's there is a lot of sarcasm.

kidsarewhatmatters
Riding the Bench

Prep Expert wrote:
sportslifelove wrote:

Wasnt River Valley at least competitive the first several years in the SEOAL?

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

Their enrollment was higher until SG opened. Could be a reason for the drop off.
Prep Expert wrote:Yes, Sheldon Cooper's there is a lot of sarcasm.
.......Bazinga!!!!

kidsarewhatmatters
Riding the Bench

Tubby wrote:Their enrollment was higher until SG opened. Could be a reason for the drop off.
Prep Expert wrote:Yes, Sheldon Cooper's there is a lot of sarcasm.
.......Bazinga!!!!

So let's assume for a second that Phil had something to do with River Valley going into the SEOAL when the school was first formed. What you are saying is that Phil should have had the forsight to know that in several years South Gallia would be formed and thus should not have wanted RV in the SEOAL? So we are looking for MIND READERS for River Valley now! LOL that is awesome!

Hey why not hire a psychic nothing else has worked.

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Phil was on the school board when the district consolidated. Rv had invites from the seoal and tvc. The tvc was the league that fit rv. He pushed for rv to be in the seoal so they could play gallia academy. That worked out real well for rv. Rv has won about 3 times in basketball against gallia academy and was 1-10 in football against gallia. They also had an 0-40 streak in football and playing against seoal opponents contributed to that. He has ran terrible youth leagues that has crippled the program. My hope is that this guy has nothing to do with the new hire. No sarcasm with this post.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

kidsarewhatmatters wrote:So let's assume for a second that Phil had something to do with River Valley going into the SEOAL when the school was first formed. What you are saying is that Phil should have had the forsight to know that in several years South Gallia would be formed and thus should not have wanted RV in the SEOAL? So we are looking for MIND READERS for River Valley now! LOL that is awesome!

Hey why not hire a psychic nothing else has worked.
I was only throwing an idea out there to your question....
kidsarewhatmatters wrote:Wasnt River Valley at least competitive the first several years in the SEOAL?

Return to “Boys Basketball”