Peebles vs South Gallia District Final

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: Peebles vs South Gallia District Final

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Beau led all scorers with 32pts. Gotta hand it to a number of players on our team though. Zach Arrasmith was clutch down the stretch and ended with 15pts, Scout Kremin played maybe his best game in my opinion as an Indian(really needed his energy), Tyler/Brady played great inside, and Cody turned in a great second half effort.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

One player with basically half of ur points..my point proven..so does this mean a peebles-fairfield matchup in regional semi final?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

The SHAC will be well represented in the D4 regional this year. A couple tough matchups with Africentric and Harvest Prep forthcoming.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

Africentric-fairfield regional final

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

streetballer wrote:One player with basically half of ur points..my point proven..so does this mean a peebles-fairfield matchup in regional semi final?
He is far and away our best player, it would follow that he would be the primary source of our points. Peebles plays Africentric and Fairfield plays Harvest Prep.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

streetballer wrote:Africentric-fairfield regional final
Harvest Prep will more than likely beat Fairfield.

old bird
Freshman Team

Post by old bird »

Don't know what SG coach said but Mr ref was giving him the stare down waiting to give that T

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Congrats just the same to the SG Rebels, did good, went much further than most thought.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

93Bulldog wrote:
old bird wrote:Have no dog in this fight but SG is not getting any calls. Don't really care who wins but would like to c the same whistle on both sides of court
Rick Ash, 92.1, is all over the refs ...
I have noticed, been to see tournament games @ the Convo for some years, and I've got to say, it seems like the officiating's worse the further teams go in the playoffs. I witnessed one of the worst games when Southern played S. Webster.

old bird
Freshman Team

Post by old bird »

Also feel like I need to say congrats to Peebles. They over came a more physical team that jumped on them early. Good luck next week.
Last thing about refs is that in the first game they let the flow of game play out a lot better. They were not noticeable. And that is a good thing

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

The most traveling calls I have seen in one game in my life! SG was the better team tonight but is hard to pull out a W against 8 players ; ( . Greer should of never set out more then a minute after he got that 4th foul. Greer stays in and plays smart then SG avances

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

Didn't like the T called on SG. The coach was knelt down on the floor when it was called. Not like he was showing up the official. I think SG had 8 fouls in the game before Peebles received their first foul. I am not from either school but thought the officiating was bad. I saw Justice get mauled on a shot in the second half with no call. I thought there were a lot of traveling calls as well. They let a player run about ten yards without dribbling at the beginning of the game but after that it was called about twenty times.

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

Good luck to Peebles. I would say you better work hard on defending the fast break because I would say your next game you are going to get a big dose of it.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

SG coach said they are doing it on that end too and got a technical there is no doubt they played a factor in the outcome of the game

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

Questionable officiating to say the least but can't blame only that. Thank you to the South Gallia Rebels for a great season.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

streetballer wrote:Dont get me wrong justice is a hell of a player but he shoots a ton more than anyone on his TEAM!!!
street-bawler I'm starting to think you sit on SEOPs all day and think of creative ways to badmouth Peebles. For crying out loud, we just won our first district in 30 years, after a TON of heartbreakers over the years.

When your beloved Hounds advanced to the regionals a few years back, we were ECSTATIC for you guys, even though the Greyhounds gave us fits during the regular season and cost us the gold ball.

When Adams County teams advance in the tournament, we support each other. Shoot, I can't stand North Adams, but when they went to state I put on my best green shirt and took pictures from the floor.

So maybe just throw out a congratulations, show a little class, and stop trolling and making yourself look like a fool.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:The most traveling calls I have seen in one game in my life! SG was the better team tonight but is hard to pull out a W against 8 players ; ( . Greer should of never set out more then a minute after he got that 4th foul. Greer stays in and plays smart then SG avances
I was so impressed with the Rebels hard play. Number 11 (don't know the name, sorry) especially. I've never seen a player dive over the scorer's table before. They really wanted that win. Even after they ran out of gas in the 3rd quarter, they rallied and fought back. I can see why they knocked off two higher seeds. Very impressive team and they left it all on the floor.

(Even though their final strategy was to try to make Justice foul out by collapsing whenever he breathed on them. On one of the last plays, Beau backed away from the defender and he still fell down. I laughed out loud, it looked like the fakest WWE match ever. Still, gotta admire the discipline of a team that can take a charge like that.)

And we didn't have 8 players. We had 15, same as the Rebels. I've suffered many an agonizing District Final loss, and if complaining about the referees takes away the sting, go or it. I'd probably be doing the same thing had the better team not won on Saturday. Roll Tribe!

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

For one im not a greyhounds fan my team is in ky...i am from adams county and yeah if they win thatd be good for the county but im bein realistic they will get slammed..africentric will be leaps and bounds better than any team peebles has played this year...if peebles wants to win their gonna have to rely on more than just beau..good luck to the indians!!!

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

streetballer wrote:For one im not a greyhounds fan my team is in ky...i am from adams county and yeah if they win thatd be good for the county but im bein realistic they will get slammed..africentric will be leaps and bounds better than any team peebles has played this year...if peebles wants to win their gonna have to rely on more than just beau..good luck to the indians!!!
Well we thank you for the support, baller! I'm surprised to read you're not a Greyhounds can, I must have been misreading your posts all these years.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

Good luck peebles

Return to “Boys Basketball”