Any chance games at convoy get postponed tomorrow?

Pocket Aces
S

Re: Any chance games at convoy get postponed tomorrow?

Post by Pocket Aces »

Whoever made the decision made the right one if you ask me. The crowds would've been minuscule and students certainly didn't need to be driving in this potential quagmire. Kudos

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

The Boys Division III Southeast District Semi-final games at Ohio University have been postponed for today:

Rescheduled for:

Thursday- 6:15p- Fairland v. Southeastern; 8:00p- Wheelersburg v. Chesapeake

Friday- 6:15p- Valley v. Coal Grove; 8:00p- Portsmouth v. South Point

DIII Finals will now be Sunday afternoon

I haven't heard when the D IV Finals will be played since they were to be Friday night.

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

When will they play the d4 finals?

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

I would say either Saturday (taking the spots where the D III games were to be played) or play 4 games Sunday. I would say it depends on whether or not tomorrow's D IV games get postponed.

Jay Bruce
Freshman Team

Post by Jay Bruce »

My guess is that they will move the Division IV Finals to Sunday also and play four games that day. Hope that's the case.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

Crab's brother wrote:You would have to think that if they did move them to Jackson, they would move the D4 there and put the D3 at the Convo. I would think from a crowd standpoint, that would make more sense. It would also cut travel for Peebles and Fairfield as they are traveling the farthest to the districts as it is.
NO

Chief Lefty
Waterboy

Post by Chief Lefty »

D4 disrict finals are scheduled for friday night at convo? So they will have to move it, I'm ok with moving it to saturday and make a full day of all three divisions

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Some of this talk is a little crazy in my opinion. 1) All kids deserve to play at convo who have earned their trip there. 2) Bumping kids out of their original spot to play is a little fishy. 3) Talking about moving div. 4 games from Friday to high school gyms is wrong. Those kids deserve to play there. It was their original time and place so why move Div.3 into Div.4 spot? Not right at all. Those that are on here talking about bumping Div. 4 out of the convo shame on you. I bet if you were coaching at South Webster, Paint Valley, St. Joe or Fairfield you would be throwing a fit. These kids deserve to be there!!!!!

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Did the D4 Championship games get moved to the Sat 3:00 and 5:00 slots previously held for the D3 Finals time then followed by the D2 Championship game ?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

ClevelandBrowns#1 wrote:Some of this talk is a little crazy in my opinion. 1) All kids deserve to play at convo who have earned their trip there. 2) Bumping kids out of their original spot to play is a little fishy. 3) Talking about moving div. 4 games from Friday to high school gyms is wrong. Those kids deserve to play there. It was their original time and place so why move Div.3 into Div.4 spot? Not right at all. Those that are on here talking about bumping Div. 4 out of the convo shame on you. I bet if you were coaching at South Webster, Paint Valley, St. Joe or Fairfield you would be throwing a fit. These kids deserve to be there!!!!!
Chill out. Nobody is getting bumped. Everyone will play at the Convo - but moving times/days is necessary seeing as 4 games just got cancelled for today.

geeeesh.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Chill out? I was just discussing that all kids deserve to play there who have earned it. This is a goal for almost every young man who starts his high school career-play at the CONVO. I was just saying that to bump games from original times is wrong if those kids being bumped don't get to play there. If they move them to another date @ the CONVO then no problem. If they bump them and make them play at a high school gym then that is wrong. The last time I looked I was allowed to express my opinion on here just like everyone else.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I guess I used the phrase 'chill out' after reading:

"Bumping kids is fishy"
"Moving DIV games to high school gyms is wrong" ... even thought nobody in authority has said such a thing.
"It was their original time and place so why move D3 into D4 spot" ... well, because of the weather and other previously scheduled events at the Convo. (OU women's)
"Those of you talking about bumping D4 out - shame on you"
"These kids deserve to be there!!!!!!!" ...... we all know that - nobody was really saying bumping D4 except for 1 post way earlier in the topic.

Your comments just came across 'angry' Brownsfan#1 ... I apologize if I misinterpreted them.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

93 bulldog, not angry here! I am not angry about this at all. We can't do anything about the weather or the Convo having OU women's game. etc. I just know that all these kids who have earned their way there, it is a lifelong dream for many of them. It was a dream of mine back in the day also and I will always remember having the opportunity to play there. I also know the board will do everything they can to allow these young men to play there.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Nobody will get bumped ... they have ALL DAY Saturday and ALL DAY Sunday ...the only day they don't have is Wednesday - so I'm thinking everyone will be fine.

If Monday's games get postponed, then it will become trickier - but they will all still get played at the Convo.

The real losers are the 'casual fans' who don't have a dog in the fight and just like watching hoops. ALL DAY Sunday (4 games) got split into two days. (have to pay twice now). Instead of DIII & DII championships on Saturday - they were split into Saturday and Sunday.

Maybe more postponements Monday could work out and EVERY championship game has to be moved to Sunday! .... 8)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:Nobody will get bumped ... they have ALL DAY Saturday and ALL DAY Sunday ...the only day they don't have is Wednesday - so I'm thinking everyone will be fine.

If Monday's games get postponed, then it will become trickier - but they will all still get played at the Convo.

The real losers are the 'casual fans' who don't have a dog in the fight and just like watching hoops. ALL DAY Sunday (4 games) got split into two days. (have to pay twice now). Instead of DIII & DII championships on Saturday - they were split into Saturday and Sunday.

Maybe more postponements Monday could work out and EVERY championship game has to be moved to Sunday! .... 8)
... that might be a BRIGHT SIDE to this whole "2013-14 - The season of the POSTPONEMENT" ... IF the games were able to be played today/tomorrow is still up in the air and on the questionable side - I had ALL of the games this season at the Convo covered - NOW it looks like the games being played Thursday night will go on without Pfloyd in the Cheap Seats ... best of luck to the powers that be in getting everything worked out/scheduled & rescheduled ...

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

93Bulldog wrote:Nobody will get bumped ... they have ALL DAY Saturday and ALL DAY Sunday ...the only day they don't have is Wednesday - so I'm thinking everyone will be fine.

I agree todays line up at the Convo would have been a monster crowd now alot of people wont go to both Thursday and Fridays games

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

I think all Brownsfan was saying is how casual it was mentioned that d4 be moved. And yea I was looking forward to watching the 4 games today. But im willing to bet that if the games had been moved that it would not have been "us casual fans" that would have suffered. Glad they were able to accommodate all deserving teams the thrill of playing at the convo. And it does seem sometimes that only certain folks are aloud to throw their opinion out their. Just my opinion....

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

This is a message board ... I believe anyone and everyone can throw whatever opinion they like out there ... free country - freedom of speech - free sports forum - freedom to post whatever you want so long as it doesn't break any rules.

at least that's the way I see it.

8)

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Good. Just seemed like u were jumping on him. Glad it will all work out.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

the snow is gone on the radar already. weatherman goofed again.

Return to “Boys Basketball”