DII LOGAN SECTIONAL RESULTS

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: DII LOGAN SECTIONAL RESULTS

Post by 93Bulldog »

Dundas wrote:In the words of 93Bulldog.. anything that happens after the draw is nullified in this discussion." :)

Also, are the Athens posters really complaining about a player from Athens playing somewhere else? Lol
Correct on the first statement and YES to the second ...

Greed is an ugly character trait my friend ... 8)

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

VC and Sheridan are loving this news. Blow out late in the season isn't good. Like to see two tvc teams at the convo
Last edited by Raider6309 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:The problem is the comments he made offended many of the officials in this part of the state. So good luck finding a crew that isn't aware that the coach blamed the officials for that loss last year.
So you're saying because one adult male makes a comment about other adult males - there is a possibility other crews may be bias toward the team?

The only problem with that is the TEAM are a bunch of 16 and 17 year old kids.

If that is the situation - the only word that comes to mind to describe such a scenario is disgusting. Well, pitiful works too I guess.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

93Bulldog wrote:
M0TIVAT0R wrote:The problem is the comments he made offended many of the officials in this part of the state. So good luck finding a crew that isn't aware that the coach blamed the officials for that loss last year.
So you're saying because one adult male makes a comment about other adult males - there is a possibility other crews may be bias toward the team?

If that is the situation - the only word that comes to mind to describe such a scenario is disgusting. Well, pitiful works too I guess.
I am not saying that. You made the insinuation that it would affect the officials that did the game, and I stated that many officials in the area are aware of the comments of that "adult male," made and therefore if it affected one crew as you claim, it would most crews. I don't think it affects any of them. In fact, the only person I believe has a problem with it is your "adult male." I also believe that is why that crew had the game, since no one else has a problem with what happened. Back to my original point: The coach should have coached the game instead of screaming at the officials. If he had, the result may have been different. Hopefully he learned from that experience.

morgeen
Riding the Bench

Post by morgeen »

93Bulldog wrote:

93 - Your guy TOLD the reporter to print it - I just googled the article at your local paper website -

“That was a lack of a charge call there at the end. You can write that and send it right up to Trimble or wherever those guys were from,” Skinner vented. “(Expletive) no-call at the end of the game. Unbelievable.”

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

buckhunter740 wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:

93 - Your guy TOLD the reporter to print it - I just googled the article at your local paper website -

“That was a lack of a charge call there at the end. You can write that and send it right up to Trimble or wherever those guys were from,” Skinner vented. “(Expletive) no-call at the end of the game. Unbelievable.”

Exactly. And that is not to mention the fact that it was a good call. It was clear in person, and the picture showed it clearly as well. The officials have moved on from that comment. But all officials associated with that crew will be blamed for any loss that Athens suffers while they are on the court.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

buckhunter740 wrote:93 - Your guy TOLD the reporter to print it - I just googled the article at your local paper website -

So what's your point? Its not the first time - or the last - a coach has criticized officials. It still doesn't take away the fact we are talking about HIGH SCHOOL basketball. If the officials had (or have) a problem with it, take it up with the coach outside of the arena. There should be no lingering affects on the kids who play the game. Period. I would feel that way if we were talking about a coach/officials from Athens, Alexander, Marietta or Anchorage Alaska.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

That non charge call was pretty bad. Took away from a great game. Made this game huge. Started with the Cunningham travel and ball still in hand no call back in 2010

morgeen
Riding the Bench

Post by morgeen »

93- You fellows are in a tough spot. I dont know how you will ever be able to overcome this problem of bias against you guys. Sounds like your going to start to have guys flown in to ref your games. Or find local refs that can't read.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

buckhunter740 wrote:93- You fellows are in a tough spot. I dont know how you will ever be able to overcome this problem of bias against you guys. Sounds like your going to start to have guys flown in to ref your games. Or find local refs that can't read.
Or just find mature, responsible, adults who understand that its a game - played by high school kids that had absolutely nothing to do with the situation.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

buckhunter740 wrote:93- You fellows are in a tough spot. I dont know how you will ever be able to overcome this problem of bias against you guys. Sounds like your going to start to have guys flown in to ref your games. Or find local refs that can't read.
so your logic no SEO ref would do a game. Every school complains about the refs

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Propel at Athens game was one of the better officiating games I've seen in awhile. They called the obvious. Like burrow's foul with no time left

morgeen
Riding the Bench

Post by morgeen »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
so your logic no SEO ref would do a game. Every school complains about the refs
They all complain. I just don't think every school tells the local reporter to print the complaints in your county newspaper.

93 says that because of the statements of his guy that his team can never get a fair shake from this point on because he knows that the refs have not forgotten it and punish the kids. If thats true, and I will take him at his word that it is, then his team is really in a tough position. Its really unfortunate

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

buckhunter740 wrote:93 says that because of the statements of his guy that his team can never get a fair shake from this point on
I never said that.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I think the bigger picture looks like this: a guy made a statement, after a heated contest, about a call during a basketball GAME that he thought was wrong. Big deal, it was given shortly after and was very much still in the heat of the moment. Do we not live in a society that is forgiving of ones mistakes? It happened over a flippin year ago - get over it. To hold it against kids NOW is like I said before, disgusting and pitiful. But to take it one step further, we need to quit looking at it in the context of a basketball game. Most of the coaches, including coach Skinner at Athens, are mostly great guys who do the right thing on a daily basis. They work hard and they teach kids how to, not only be good athletes/basketball players, but men as well. If coach Skinner was driving down the road on one of these frigid nights and seen one of those officials stuck on the side of the road - you can bet you rear end he would stop and help. The guy would probably give the shirt off his back to anyone in need. So to think anyone or any official would 'remember' those comments - or still hold him accountable - is just being ignorant. You don't punish good people for making an unwise decision, especially when it was done while emotions were still running high. And you sure as hell don't punish kids for something they didn't even do!

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

93Bulldog wrote:I think the bigger picture looks like this: a guy made a statement, after a heated contest, about a call during a basketball GAME that he thought was wrong. Big deal, it was given shortly after and was very much still in the heat of the moment. Do we not live in a society that is forgiving of ones mistakes? It happened over a flippin year ago - get over it. To hold it against kids NOW is like I said before, disgusting and pitiful. But to take it one step further, we need to quit looking at it in the context of a basketball game. Most of the coaches, including coach Skinner at Athens, are mostly great guys who do the right thing on a daily basis. They work hard and they teach kids how to, not only be good athletes/basketball players, but men as well. If coach Skinner was driving down the road on one of these frigid nights and seen one of those officials stuck on the side of the road - you can bet you rear end he would stop and help. The guy would probably give the shirt off his back to anyone in need. So to think anyone or any official would 'remember' those comments - or still hold him accountable - is just being ignorant. You don't punish good people for making an unwise decision, especially when it was done while emotions were still running high. And you sure as hell don't punish kids for something they didn't even do!
You on the other hand want the officials to be punished for the statement your coach made. How is that not ignorant? None of the officials made a comment. The COACH did. It is his issue. He is the one, apparently, who has the problem. Just coach the game, and don't concern yourself with who is officiating the game. And don't blame the officials for making a call in a game in which you sat on two timeouts, after the call, while you screamed at the officials. You could have called a time out and possibly salvaged the game. That's what is not fair to the players. Thankfully, the Athens administration is smart enough to see that the officials have "gotten over it." Unfortunately you, and a few others have not. So read your own words, "it happened a flippin year ago- get over it." I know all of those officials personally, and none of them would ever take what a coach says and hold it against any players. To suggest that they would is ridiculous.

morgeen
Riding the Bench

Post by morgeen »

93Bulldog wrote:
buckhunter740 wrote:93 says that because of the statements of his guy that his team can never get a fair shake from this point on
I never said that.
OK. My bad, I apologize. I guess I didnt get the right impression from your earlier posts, becuase you were HINTING that MAYBE POSSIBLY the refs at the LE game had an effect on the outcome MAYBE. You said that there was alot going on with that game and the refs than met the eye. And that having certain refs are not fair to anyone (especially the players). Since you were there, I will take your word for it. You always seem to call if as you see it on here.

So now we can say that your team DOES get fair treatment from officiating crews. Glad we have moved past that and there now is a level playing field for your Bulldogs. Good luck to your boys in the tourney, 93. Your certainly a loyal fan.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens was just out of shape against LE and LE had 30pts off of three's

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

It is an interesting scenario MOTIVATOR. I think you've made a few correct points, as have I. If a coach feels there is animosity - and there is not - then he/she is probably in the wrong. If the officials do have some animosity - then we can both probably agree they are in the wrong. Lot's of grey areas, lot's of misunderstandings and a lot of mixed feelings. Nobody really knows for sure what either party is truly thinking. Which takes me all the way back to my very first point - with so many questions, just remove the variable that is causing the misconceptions. There are 30 teams in the TVC (boys & girls) that play 22 games per season - that is 660 games. Surely, because of what has happened in the past between the two parties (coach and officials), just separating them is not that big of deal. Athens plays 22 games, some of them not even in this area, which leaves at least 638 other games to officiate. Nobody would be 'punished' if a crew and coach didn't share the same court. Is it the coaches fault or the officials fault doesn't really matter at this point - just move on with a decision that leaves everyone satisfied.

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

Hmmm! "DII LOGAN SECTIONAL RESULTS" ......About 4 pages ago, this thread got lost. GO WARRIORS!

Return to “Boys Basketball”