Logan rally nips Gallipolis, 46-45

jottings
SEOPS H

Logan rally nips Gallipolis, 46-45

Post by jottings »

Logan rally trips Gallipolis, 46-45
In a game where the score was tied five times and the lead exchanged hands 16 times, Logan’s visiting Chieftains were able to rally late in the fourth period to edge Gallipolis Gallia Academy 46-45 and spoil the Blue Devils Senior Night activities in the Centenary gym.
The win left Logan with a 6-9 overall record. Inside the Southeastern Ohio Athletic League. LHS improved to 3-3. Gallipolis dropped to 10-9 overall and 2-5 in SEOAL play. GAHS will wind up SEOAL play at Portsmouth next Friday. Logan was scheduled to host Vinton County Saturday in a non-league outing, then Warren Local next Friday.
After losing 51-38 at Logan earlier in the season, GAHS started better Friday for an early lead, but fell behind 14-12 at the first break. In the second stanza, GAHS outscored the Chieftains 16-8 to grab a 28-22 halftime lead.
However, in the third stanza, LHS outscored GAHS 6-2 to trail 30-28 going into the final period.
In a see-saw fourth quarter the two teams traded baskets until Logan took the lead for good on two T-shots by Lane Little, giving LHS a 41-40 lead with 1:58 left to play. Little all but iced it seconds later with a layup at the :54 second mark to make it 43-40.
Nick Kost sank one of two free throws with :43 seconds left to make it 44-40.Wade Jarrell sank two free throws with 36.4 left to pull GAHS with in two, 44-42 Caleb Cummings sank two charity shots with 24 seconds left,to give Logan a 46-42 advantage. Wes Jarrell hit a trey with 3.3 seconds left, making it 46-45
GAHS tried to prevent Logan from getting the ball in bounds, but the Chiefs succeeded as time expired.
Logan was led by 6-8 junior center Kevin Fisher with 13 points. Chance Cox added 12 and Luke Little nine. Evan DeLong finished with eight.
The Chiefs sank 15 of 41 field goal attempts for 36.5 percent. At the line, LHS made 14 of 21 for 66.6 percent. The Chiefs picked off 31 rebounds, 10 by Fisher. LHS had 17 turnovers and 17 personal fouls.

Seth Atkins led GAHS with 12 points. Wes Jarrell added 10 and Reid Eastman, Wade Jarrell and Jacob Strieter all scored seven points apiece for the Gallians.
Gallipolis sank 14 of 39 field goal attempts for 35.8 percent. At the line, GAHS was eight of 14 for 57.1 percent. GAHS had 26 rebounds, led by Jacob Strieter’s six snags. Wes Jarrell had five. The Blue Devils had 15 turnovers and 20 personal fouls, losing Atkins in the final quarter.
Gallipolis won both the freshman and reserve games.
The GAHS yearlings edged Logan 26-20 to improve its record to 5-7 on the year. Logan dropped to 5-8.
Gallipolis dropped behind 9-0 in the first period, but closed the gap to 14-12 before int. GAHS trailed 17-15 going into the final period, then outscored Logan 11-3 to secure the win.
T> Minniiiard led GAHS with 14 points. Colin Campbell added eight. Collton Dixon and J Wallace scored nine each to pace the LHS frosh.
In the JV game, Gallipolis improved to 10-8 overall and 4-3 in SEOAL play with a 47-39 victory. Logan, who beat the Blue Imps by 28 points earlier this season. Logan, dropped to 5-9 overall and 4-2 in league play. Gallipolis led 15-9, 26-13, and 36-24 at the quarter marks.
Trevor McNeal paced GAHS with 25 points. Miles Cornwell added eight points and Matt Bailey six .Stan Evans led Logan with 10 points. Danny Powers added nine.
Varsity box score:
LOGAN (46)—Cox, 2-(1)-5-6-12; Cottrill, 2-(1)-1-2-5; DeLong, 0-(1)-0-0-3; Nick Kost, 0-0-0-2-0; Little, 2-0-5-6-9; Fisher, 5-0-3-5-13; Smith, 2-0-0-0-4. Totals—13-(2)-13-21-46.
GALLIPOLIS (45)—Carter, 0-0-0-0-0; Wes Jarrell, 3-(1)-1-2-10; Eastman, 2-(1)-0-0-7; Wade Jarrell, 1-0-5-6-7; White, 0-0-2-3-2; Atkins, 3-(2)-0-1-12; Strieter, 3-0-1-3-7; Totals 11-(3)-8-14-45.
Score by quarters:
Logan……….14 8 6 18 – 46
Gallipolis….12 16 2 15 - 45
Freshman score—Gallipolis 26 Logan 20
Reserve score—Gallipolis 47 Logan 39

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Logan rally nips Gallipolis, 46-45

Post by noreply66 »

No one talking about the action near the end of the game or the action after the game??????????????????????????

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

I've heard stories about what happened at end of the game and you can't do that. Something has to be done.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... what happened at the end of this one ?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Before the end of the game, a GAHS fan was ejected after she ran onto the floor to protest a call. As for the end of the game, I was adding up my stats and all I heard you just can't do that. Don't know what happened but it must have been over in a second or two. Maybe Craig Dunn observed it all.

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

I was told a gallia player took his hand and hit a Logan player in his private area while shaking hands and the Logan player went down. "Bag tag" is what I was told it's called.
No matter what happened by refs or players during game this is uncalled for.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Whoever it was, should be suspended or benched the next two games.

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

Something needs done

The General
All State

Post by The General »

:lol: :lol: Only at "THE ACADEMY"

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

:roll: :roll: :roll: When they play South Gallia NEXT SEASON AT SG they would get out of town if that happens!!! lol

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

What a shame! Hopefully they discipline all involved and that includes the fans!!!!!!! Too many fans think they can do and say whatever they want at a game!! ADs and principals need to start stepping up and taking care of business!

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

Oz was a class act and ran a class program. They ran Oz out and now you have a program that is an embarrassment. It is time for Gary and BOE to step up and take control. They need to sit the kid a couple of games. They need to ban the parent for running on the floor. This would teach people how to act since they don't know how on their own. A couple people can give a whole program a bad name. The coach needs to call a few parents in and let them know he is in charge. He has parents posting on facebook where their kid needs to play. Gary played college ball and was a good player so I am sure he knows how to evaluate where someone needs to play without any help from the parents. Basketball is a TEAM sport parents its not all about your kid. There are lots of individual sports to participate in if you want to make it all about your own kid. I hate to see a proud program like Gallia Academy look bad and this kind of stuff gives them a bad name.

living in the hills
Waterboy

Post by living in the hills »

I was at the game and it wasn't a parent it was a relative. She was yelling at refs who were horrible and he told her he was gonna eject her. She said I will save you the time and she walked out yelling at the ref in the process. As far as the player doing anything to the Logan player I didn't see that but do agree if someone did that they should be punished. And the Coach playing 6/7 guys the whole game making no substitutions is ridiculous. The board does need to step in and I think it not just the parents but also who they hire. And a great player doesn't always make a great coach???

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

No sitting out for this player..........out of sports for the rest of the year is what is needed...........Sometimes teams will only play 5 or 6 players to try to get a win..........happens all the time

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

And a great player doesn't always make a great coach???

And a parent that never played never makes a great coach.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Olemanbidwell55 wrote:I was at the game and it wasn't a parent it was a relative. She was yelling at refs who were horrible and he told her he was gonna eject her. She said I will save you the time and she walked out yelling at the ref in the process. As far as the player doing anything to the Logan player I didn't see that but do agree if someone did that they should be punished. And the Coach playing 6/7 guys the whole game making no substitutions is ridiculous. The board does need to step in and I think it not just the parents but also who they hire. And a great player doesn't always make a great coach???
I was not at this game but the refs u call horrible are one of the if not the best crew in SE Ohio and even if they had a bad game,that doesn't excuse the fans behavior. Adults are worse than kids sometimes.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

That's society's problem. Excuses, excuses, excuses!! Never is it ones fault but always the fault of others! Stand up and hold yourself accountable! This world is getting disgusting. Blame game is the name!!!!! Well the ref was horrible so I get to be horrible!! He called me a name so I'll show him!

Wake up America !!!

living in the hills
Waterboy

No one is making excuses just stating what I saw. and those refs were horrible period. Who mentioned a parent being a Coach? Which we do have one of those to. And Gary will be one next year? And never playing yourself but getting the job as a Coach is just as bad as being a Great player but not a great coach. The bench is deeper than the 6 he is playing is my point. You have dead tired kids making stupid mistakes put some fresh legs in. Im aware sometimes you win a game with just your starters and there are other times when its apparent that you need to be subbing. Logan was constantly subbing?

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

Olemanbidwell55 wrote:No one is making excuses just stating what I saw. and those refs were horrible period. Who mentioned a parent being a Coach? Which we do have one of those to. And Gary will be one next year? And never playing yourself but getting the job as a Coach is just as bad as being a Great player but not a great coach. The bench is deeper than the 6 he is playing is my point. You have dead tired kids making stupid mistakes put some fresh legs in. Im aware sometimes you win a game with just your starters and there are other times when its apparent that you need to be subbing. Logan was constantly subbing?

I think Gallipolis messed up by not hiring you as the coach. It seems you know all the answers to what they need to be doing . I bet you was a hell of a biddy league coach at one time?

living in the hills
Waterboy

Nope never was a biddy coach, played ball and have my opinion sorry if its not what you wanted to hear COACH :122246

Return to “Boys Basketball”