Coaching Openings

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Re: Coaching Openings

Post by SouthEast Hoops Fan »

Am I the only one who does not have the name of the new Meigs hire?

Vike73
Riding the Bench

Post by Vike73 »

SouthEast Hoops Fan wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:33 pm Am I the only one who does not have the name of the new Meigs hire?
Nope

Rolling Rock
Waterboy

Post by Rolling Rock »

Former Chesapeake and Bloom Carroll Coach Ryan Davis

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Post by SouthEast Hoops Fan »

Is Bloom Carroll open or are they hiring from within?

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

Big time hire for Meigs!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

SouthEast Hoops Fan wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:51 pm Is Bloom Carroll open or are they hiring from within?
It’s open.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

N2Hoops wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:54 pm Big time hire for Meigs!
This is shocking to me! Why?

Rolling Rock
Waterboy

Post by Rolling Rock »

Why not? He was born and raised about 15 mile from Meigs and has lots of family in the county

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Rolling Rock wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:36 pm Why not? He was born and raised about 15 mile from Meigs and has lots of family in the county
Yep. That’s what I heard. Meigs is a lot closer to where his parents live, compared to BC. Pretty cool opportunity for him to choose a spot that makes the grandparents watching his son more possible.

Rolling Rock
Waterboy

Post by Rolling Rock »

His mom is a Meigs Co native

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Coach Davis parents live in Athens I believe. Ryan graduated from Alexander and played basketball at Kentucky Christian.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Great hire for Meigs !!! Coach Davis IS one of the best coaches ABOVE or BELOW the Lancaster-Dixon line … throw in his son 6-8 Carson who was outstanding vs the MSL wars as a starter … the combo combined with what Meigs brings to the table puts the Marauders in the top 15 in SEO preseason easily … great hire !

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Whs95fan wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:44 pm Huge news for Meigs, and congrats. His son will be a junior I believe?
For those of us who don’t know who you’re talking about could you fill us in?! lol

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Meigs has not hire a basketball coach yet. The board meets Wednesday the 8th. Knowing this board, they might not hire him. Wasn't the guy some of them wants

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Fletchlives wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:38 am
Whs95fan wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:44 pm Huge news for Meigs, and congrats. His son will be a junior I believe?
For those of us who don’t know who you’re talking about could you fill us in?! lol
Rumors are Ryan Davis from Bloom Carroll will be the next head coach. His 6'8 son played for him at BC, he's a big boy.

Go Blue
Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

pfloyd wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:04 am Great hire for Meigs !!! Coach Davis IS one of the best coaches ABOVE or BELOW the Lancaster-Dixon line … throw in his son 6-8 Carson who was outstanding vs the MSL wars as a starter … the combo combined with what Meigs brings to the table puts the Marauders in the top 15 in SEO preseason easily … great hire !
Whether Meigs is D-IV or D-V next year, they are top 15 in the state by division, and perhaps much higher than that.

Cypress
Riding the Bench

Post by Cypress »

itsme wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:18 am Meigs has not hire a basketball coach yet. The board meets Wednesday the 8th. Knowing this board, they might not hire him. Wasn't the guy some of them wants
If this is the case the board members would need their heads examined.
Canned a coach that went 16-6 while dealing with a ton of injuries to starters.
Now they have the opportunity to hire one of the best coaches around who has a 6'8 son who is an incredible player!

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Cypress wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:26 pm
itsme wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:18 am Meigs has not hire a basketball coach yet. The board meets Wednesday the 8th. Knowing this board, they might not hire him. Wasn't the guy some of them wants
If this is the case the board members would need their heads examined.
Canned a coach that went 16-6 while dealing with a ton of injuries to starters.
Now they have the opportunity to hire one of the best coaches around who has a 6'8 son who is an incredible player!
. If you can figure out some of these Boards and Administrators, I have cheap land in Hawaii for sale 😞

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Coach Davis is a very good coach who gets the most out of his kids.

His son will play low D1 (big and can shoot it with 2 years left). Pairing him with what Meigs has returning makes one very special team. Honestly, top 5 in SEO. Could end #1 by years end.

The major question is…. Can Meigs handle Davis’s coaching style? He’s known to be very hard to play for, and Meigs is known as a political nightmare in many aspects. Can the Board handle this type of hire? Can the community?

I hope so. Because it’s an absolute homerun hire for Meigs.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

bbjunky81 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:59 am Coach Davis is a very good coach who gets the most out of his kids.

His son will play low D1 (big and can shoot it with 2 years left). Pairing him with what Meigs has returning makes one very special team. Honestly, top 5 in SEO. Could end #1 by years end.

The major question is…. Can Meigs handle Davis’s coaching style? He’s known to be very hard to play for, and Meigs is known as a political nightmare in many aspects. Can the Board handle this type of hire? Can the community?

I hope so. Because it’s an absolute homerun hire for Meigs.
What does "very hard to play for" mean in this case?

Return to “Boys Basketball”