Shootouts / Multiple team scrimmages this week? 6/3-6/8 ?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Shootouts / Multiple team scrimmages this week? 6/3-6/8 ?

Post by pfloyd »

Alright, I've got the bug - Summer Hoops, I just spent Friday at the Warren Shootout - great day of hoops ... I know the OU camp is this coming week, I probably won't go there, BUT are there any Shootouts or multiple team scrimmages happening this week?

Where, when, teams participating would be a good start ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Shootouts / Multiple team scrimmages this week? 6/3-6/8 ?

Post by pfloyd »

Logan has the first of 3 days of boys Hoops in the Hills shootouts on Monday June 3rd (the other 2 days are later in June) ... Chieftain Center I believe ... does anyone know teams that are participating in the Logan Shootout Monday ?

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Ohio State has a big shootout event this Thursday.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:13 pm Alright, I've got the bug - Summer Hoops, I just spent Friday at the Warren Shootout - great day of hoops ... I know the OU camp is this coming week, I probably won't go there, BUT are there any Shootouts or multiple team scrimmages happening this week?

I'm pretty sure I saw where Marietta College is having another shootout this week. As for dates and times I can't help much there.

Go Blue
Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Whs95fan wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:47 am
pfloyd wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:13 pm Alright, I've got the bug - Summer Hoops, I just spent Friday at the Warren Shootout - great day of hoops ... I know the OU camp is this coming week, I probably won't go there, BUT are there any Shootouts or multiple team scrimmages happening this week?

I'm pretty sure I saw where Marietta College is having another shootout this week. As for dates and times I can't help much there.
June 8 for sure and maybe starts on June 7.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:45 pm Logan has the first of 3 days of boys Hoops in the Hills shootouts on Monday June 3rd (the other 2 days are later in June) ... Chieftain Center I believe ... does anyone know teams that are participating in the Logan Shootout Monday ?
... just got a FB response as to the teams participating at Logan Monday June 3rd ... Chieftain Center , first games start at 8:30am ...

List of teams if all show up:

Logan
Nelsonville York
Huntington
Logan Elm
Fort Frye
Vinton County
Whetstone
Zane Trace
Meigs
Portsmouth Clay

more?

I saw Watkins, & Lancaster on the JV list - not sure if they are sending their varsity as well ...

Zane Trace should be outstanding this season with one of the best guard duos in SEO in Jarrell "the younger" and Rippeth, soph Noah Huston, the big man in the middle in Landon Robinson ... new head coach Coach Tyler Cassidy ...

Meigs with new head coach Coach Ryan Davis is an Elite 8 preseason ranked team (no matter the division) imo as MHS returns lots of talent & size - (6-5)Dustin Vance, Landen Dewees, Owen Tracy, Cayden Gheen (6-4) shoots the 3 ball as well as anyone in SEO ... AND coming with Coach Davis is Carson Davis (6-8) jr. ...

Logan Elm returns Tyler Speas/ Brady Neff/Nemiah Waugh/ Keegan Diehl

Vinton County lost a ton of talent/size to graduation ... curious to see what kind of size VC will have in the paint, Cobra Sharp returns as one of the best pg's in SEO for his senior season ... Nash Yates (jr) and Hayden Reynolds round out the only returning players off of last years varsity (Yates played mostly JV) ...

If Lancaster participates it will be a good test for Logan as the Gales are in the same OCC division as the Chiefs ... I'll be looking for improvement out of the Logan youngsters from the Warren Shootout last week ...

... it should be a good day of hoops!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:08 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:45 pm Logan has the first of 3 days of boys Hoops in the Hills shootouts on Monday June 3rd (the other 2 days are later in June) ... Chieftain Center I believe ... does anyone know teams that are participating in the Logan Shootout Monday ?
... just got a FB response as to the teams participating at Logan Monday June 3rd ... Chieftain Center , first games start at 8:30am ...

List of teams if all show up:

Logan
Nelsonville York
Huntington
Logan Elm
Fort Frye
Vinton County
Whetstone
Zane Trace
Meigs
Portsmouth Clay

more?

I saw Watkins, & Lancaster on the JV list - not sure if they are sending their varsity as well ...

Zane Trace should be outstanding this season with one of the best guard duos in SEO in Jarrell "the younger" and Rippeth, soph Noah Huston, the big man in the middle in Landon Robinson ... new head coach Coach Tyler Cassidy ...

Meigs with new head coach Coach Ryan Davis is an Elite 8 preseason ranked team (no matter the division) imo as MHS returns lots of talent & size - (6-5)Dustin Vance, Landen Dewees, Owen Tracy, Cayden Gheen (6-4) shoots the 3 ball as well as anyone in SEO ... AND coming with Coach Davis is Carson Davis (6-8) jr. ...

Logan Elm returns Tyler Speas/ Brady Neff/Nemiah Waugh/ Keegan Diehl

Vinton County lost a ton of talent/size to graduation ... curious to see what kind of size VC will have in the paint, Cobra Sharp returns as one of the best pg's in SEO for his senior season ... Nash Yates (jr) and Hayden Reynolds round out the only returning players off of last years varsity (Yates played mostly JV) ...

If Lancaster participates it will be a good test for Logan as the Gales are in the same OCC division as the Chiefs ... I'll be looking for improvement out of the Logan youngsters from the Warren Shootout last week ...

... it should be a good day of hoops!
... lots of hoops today at the Chieftain Center ! I really wanted to see Meigs with all of the pieces that they will have at their disposal for the regular season - they didn't disappoint! I ran into Coach Davis & Carson Davis in the parking lot when I pulled in this morning - welcomed Coach BACK Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ! Meigs was going to be talented coming into this season, throw in 6-8 Carson Davis and they are scary good - at least deep, excellent size across the board with 6 players in the 6-4 or taller category, all have length, all can handle the ball in the open court, 5-7 reliable 3 point scorers ... not much fall off in talent on the court when players are subbed in ... very good basketball team and it's only 1 week into summer ball ... lots of things to work on from a coaching standpoint ... 6 months before the season - I like Meigs as a legit contender for the top 1,2,3 spots in my rankings with the size, shooting/scoring, ballhandling, athleticism ... good things will be happening in Marauder Nation this season ...

Nelsonville York will be a solid team, extremely athletic, good 6-4ish size with strength in the paint ... the perimeter players are outstanding athletes - good basketball players better football ... once football post season ends , and the adjustment to basketball is made NY will be a team to reckon with after Christmas ... I like what Coach Gabriel has to work with ... 7-8 deep ...

Logan Elm will be "Logan Elm" - perimeter scoring with Tyler Speas and Waugh ... Waugh is the athlete we have gotten used to seeing on the court as he can create for himself & get into the paint and to the rim ... defense IS the LE defense we know and love to see - physical/on the ball pressure ... Coach Dropsey is in his 2nd year at the helm, said they are getting bigger numbers out with the new school ... lower grade numbers are up, LE is able to field a freshman, JV and varsity squads ... Coach Dropsey has things going in the right direction ...

Zane Trace under new head coach Tyler Cassidy will be what I expected - good ... the team to beat in the SVC with Unioto ... deep bench, inside/outside game ...

Vinton County will be rebuilding ... no size in the paint, lacking varsity experience ... Cobra Sharp is a stud - knowing that HE and Reynolds are the only players with varsity experience - with Sharp at PG and having the ball in his hands - he kept VC in every matchup I saw Monday at Logan ... they have some players off the last years' JV who can shoot the ball from behind the arc ... going to have to play solid D, the summer season will important to VC's youngsters to adjust to the varsity level game, find their roles, and get that VC "attitude" we recognize when a Viking team takes the floor - they don't back down and scrap for every point offensively, make you work for any points given up defensively ...

Fort Frye - nice team as most years for FF , seem to have a solid 7-8 players ... Whetstone - have some nice players, solid player who is very athletic in the paint, was the only other player other than 3 or 4 on Meigs who threw one down during a game ... Lakewood - appearance wise - not impressive BUT those kids played solid all around at both ends of the floor ... they forced Meigs to play a half-court game in the first half, with Meigs only leading by 1 ... they started with 6 players total, added jv players after the jv's finished up ... they were a nice TEAM when the starters were in the game ... Portsmouth Clay - the coach was coaching/teaching the whole day ... the kids played hard ... they will improve this summer ...

Logan wasn't scheduled to play the top tier teams - never played Meigs, ZT ... lots of players/rotations getting playing time ... everyone seeing the speed/ strength of varsity play ...

Logan has 2 more varsity days of Hoops in the Hills on June 12 (Wed) & June 14th (Fri) ... anyone have the teams who are participating next week???

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I just posted on FB a question to the Logan Sports Page, trying to find out what teams will be coming to the Chieftain Center at Logan High School to participate in Day 2 (Wednesday the 12th) and Day 3 (Friday the 14th) of Hoops in the Hills ... hoping to get an answer from the folks on that FB page ... If and when I do , I'll post them on here ...

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:30 pm I just posted on FB a question to the Logan Sports Page, trying to find out what teams will be coming to the Chieftain Center at Logan High School to participate in Day 2 (Wednesday the 12th) and Day 3 (Friday the 14th) of Hoops in the Hills ... hoping to get an answer from the folks on that FB page ... If and when I do , I'll post them on here ...
I answered you there !!
:mrgreen:

Live Like A Champion!
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Logan Hoops in the Hills for June 12th
Logan
NY
Watkins Memorial
Heath
Fed Hock
Huntington
Belpre
Hamilton Twp
Canal Winchester
West Jefferson
Alexander
WCH
Circleville
Sheridan
Trimble

Live Like A Champion!
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logangrad wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:18 am Logan Hoops in the Hills for June 12th
Logan
NY
Watkins Memorial
Heath
Fed Hock
Huntington
Belpre
Hamilton Twp
Canal Winchester
West Jefferson
Alexander
WCH
Circleville
Sheridan
Trimble
... will be good to see Washington Courthouse, Circleville, Sheridan, Trimble, Federal Hocking for sure ... Thanks Lg !

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Got a chance to work a little bit Saturday at OU Team camp. Some teams that stood out to me were:
Minford- PG was a stud and they have great length and get after it
Warren- Good guards and solid post players. Had trouble at times with DeSales' pressure
DeSales- Long, athletic, get after it! They will be a challenge in the CCL and beyond.
Fairfield Union- Played 5 sophs, beat Sheridan, Northland and several other teams

Live Like A Champion!
Jeeps_06
Waterboy

Post by Jeeps_06 »

Does anyone know if South Webster has anything this week

Return to “Boys Basketball”