WEST BASKETBALL

black76
JV Team

Re: WEST BASKETBALL

Post by black76 »

Yes, I will support another person if they get the job, of course,but will be skeptical. In my humble opinion, Kitchen has proven himself to be the guy for the job, sorry. No one on here will decide anyway, so don't get so upset. I also have to address indian, sorry again, but I stand by what I said. There are some very talented and very experienced, formidible coaches that the West coach will be up against...Hurd may have been a great player, don't know, that in and of itself, will not serve well against Norm Peirson, etc. Kitchen has no reason to not be involved in coaching/teaching other than he retired early to show horses and must miss it, from the passion he showed as the coach last year at West.

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Oh and one more thing, Indian, I am not retarded, thanks for asking anyway! :lol:

fromtheparkinglot
Waterboy

Post by fromtheparkinglot »

skepticism is not a good avenue by which to support a new coach....if a new coach (other than Coach Kitchen) doesn't have your full, unbiased support than, West b-ball will be right back in a similar situation very soon.

We don't even know who all has applied let alone who will be interviewed. Let's trust the process, and yes, as hard as it might be, trust the Administration and the Board of Education to make this very critical hire based on what is best for building this program for the future.

West basketball is a sleeping giant that needs the right coach, not the most popular.

fromtheparkinglot
Waterboy

Easy bro...don't take anything personally...just a nice friendly discussion about the DEMOCRATIC process of selecting the next head basketball coach at PW....take a deep breath.

THE'GENERAL'
Freshman Team

Post by THE'GENERAL' »

with this the last day to apply. who does the school have to choose from? Hurd,Kitchen,Phillips,who else?

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

fromthe parking lot, geez fellow, lighten up dude, no one is talking popularity here...we are all interested in the same thing...funny you think we have a bias because we can wrap our arms around what Kitchen can do and how he fit with the West kids....I shouldn't have to repeat myself over and over so I won't re: why Kitchen is a great selection, not a POPULARITY thing...what bus did you crawl out from? The only reason for skepticism is because when you have such a good fit and feel comfortable with this coach up against the Norm Peirson's out there, if would seem odd to go with someone else...... anyway, I am done with this nonsense....

fromtheparkinglot
Waterboy

I heard interviews have been set for May 14th...anyone know who is going to inteview?

THE'GENERAL'
Freshman Team

Post by THE'GENERAL' »

i know west will be looking at phillips

----
Freshman Team

Post by ---- »

Anyone in their right mind would go with the Perdas from Shawnee. He has assited under Robin Hagen-Smith for 3 years and helped those ladies make great strides. He's coached on the national stage against many NAIA powers. That alone makes him qualified for PWHS!

monk
Riding the Bench

Post by monk »

I think that Perdas was a finalist the last time the job was open too. I know he at least interviewed for it anyway.

THE'GENERAL'
Freshman Team

Post by THE'GENERAL' »

i dont see west hiring outside the school this time. i believe its going to be phillips or kitchen. phillips has coach at west for 9 years and kitchen came to west last year.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

I have heard through the grapevine that their are around 7 applicants for this job, however I haven't heard that more than 3 will recieve interviews. I know atleast 2 applicants are current assistants at other SOC schools!

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Yes, only a few will even be interviewed. Good Luck and hope to see Kitchen at West next year!

fromtheparkinglot
Waterboy

I just received an email from a source over in KY....it seems that the coach from Greenup Co...his name escapes me....see above posts for his name...will be interviewed.

Jumper, No interview for Coach Kitchen?

fromtheparkinglot
Waterboy

So far we've got Coach Kitchen and Coach Smith next week...can anyone else confirm any other interviews?

Return to “Boys Basketball”