Waterford (9-5) @ Fort Frye (11-3) Feb 4th

Bazinga!
Riding the Bench

Re: Waterford (9-5) @ Fort Frye (11-3) Feb 4th

Post by Bazinga! »

I listened to the radio a little and spoke to a few people who went to this game....... FF was pressing in the 4th up 30+ pts and shot 10+ 3's in the 4th quarter as well? Is this right? If this is true Dan Liedtke needs to go in front of a firing squad. This is the type of classless acts that keep me from ever wanting to even hear the name Fort Frye. It just confirms my earlier post. I know they wanted redemption for the earlier loss and its the big rivalry game but you have to have some sort of control and class as a person and as a school. Fort Frye and Dan Liedtke have none. Really pathetic. Congrats on the win but I hope they get a taste of their own medicine.

motox21
Waterboy

Post by motox21 »

I myself enjoyed watching Tate knee Zach in the side. lol. Highlight of the night for me.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

FF did presss but they were actually trying out a new press they never ran before.It was more to get the kids ready for tourney then to rub it in Waterfords face.Also it was mostly back ups shooting 3s in 4th.FF always let's the JV players actually play and try when their in during varsity games.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

When Waterford pulled their starters, Fort Frye called off the dogs.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Shon,Eddy,and Schwendeman sat a lot of the 4th.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Bazinga! wrote:I listened to the radio a little and spoke to a few people who went to this game....... FF was pressing in the 4th up 30+ pts and shot 10+ 3's in the 4th quarter as well? Is this right? If this is true Dan Liedtke needs to go in front of a firing squad. This is the type of classless acts that keep me from ever wanting to even hear the name Fort Frye. It just confirms my earlier post. I know they wanted redemption for the earlier loss and its the big rivalry game but you have to have some sort of control and class as a person and as a school. Fort Frye and Dan Liedtke have none. Really pathetic. Congrats on the win but I hope they get a taste of their own medicine.
Not the first time he's pulled this crap. I know of one coach who has retired from coaching who experienced this kind of behavior, first hand, from Liedtke, that would come out of retirement knowing that he could bury his arse. Liedtke is no saint, and has burned plenty of bridges. FACT.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

I used to feel the same way until earlier this year. When Fort played @ Caldwell earlier in the year Caldwell wasn't playing well and trailed by around 15 going in to the fourth quarter. Our coach sat his starters and played a sophomore and four freshmen the entire fourth quarter. Lietdke had played his traditional half court man the whole game to that point, he came out pressing when he saw the youngsters on the floor, with his starters. He left them in until the one minute mark and Fort won by 30, never let off the gas. I was a little upset, my son was one of the freshmen on the floor. I asked our coach after the game why he wasn't pissed off and his response was "why would I be? Our freshmen got to play against the best starting five in our league for an entire quarter, they got to see what it was all about. I'm happy he left them in." I had never thought about it that way before but it does make sense and made me a little less ticked off.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye has only had 8 varsity players most the season.So no matter what some starters will be in the game.Dan does what he does for a reason.Its sports I mean this ain't TBall.If you don't want blownout play better.I'm sure when Caldwell,Waterford,Fron,and other PVC schools get the chancce they will do the same.

Bazinga!
Riding the Bench

Post by Bazinga! »

EasternDspy wrote:Fort Frye has only had 8 varsity players most the season.So no matter what some starters will be in the game.Dan does what he does for a reason.Its sports I mean this ain't TBall.If you don't want blownout play better.I'm sure when Caldwell,Waterford,Fron,and other PVC schools get the chancce they will do the same.
Absolutely not. I've seen alot of HS ball games from all over the state this year. Many have been blowouts and I have never heard of a coach doing that, not up 30. Does what he does for a reason? I think that reason is because he has no class and is an #!$hole. I give him respect for the success he's had over the years but at what cost? I heard one of his former players who knows basketball well wanted to be the new head coach and he decided not to retire because he didn't want this person to take over for him. This guy wasn't good enough? And he made it very public. This idiot reminds me of the Jon Voight as the coach in Varsity Blues.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Stop crying and just play better if ya don't want blownout.When Simms pulled his starters so did Dan.Maybe he was tied of people saying Simms had his number yet FF has won 5 of last 6.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Warren blew out our jayvees and I was ticked off when they started stalling. The press you guys are talking about has been an easy layup for the other team about half the time they try it. It's probably why they waited until the game was well in hand before trying it in this game.

Bazinga!
Riding the Bench

Post by Bazinga! »

No one is crying I don't have a dog in the fight I've just never heard of a reputable coach acting that way before. Maybe I just gave him too much credit before hand is all. I guess when you are from the school you don't want to look at it objectively. When it happens to them someday we will see what you think of it then. FF is a great team and it's nice to have teams that good in this area of the state, it takes away from them as a team when people see that and I am all for teams in our area not only being good players and teams but good people and kids and showing respect to the teams they play. Good or Bad. Not sure that was case here

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

It's pretty simple. Don't want scored on? Play better defense.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

You were not there so you don't know what went on.Most of theplayers shooting in the 4th were back ups or players that don't get a lot of shot attempts.Do they deserve a moment of glory?How many caused turnovers did Waterford have?Not many

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

The reason FF shot so many 3s is because Waterford ran zone.Do you want FF to run 4 corners and stall?

Return to “Boys Basketball”