Caldwell (5-9) @ Fort Frye (10-3) Jan 31

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Caldwell (5-9) @ Fort Frye (10-3) Jan 31

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye looks to get closer to a league title.

rickoshay
SEOP

Re: Caldwell (5-9) @ Fort Frye (10-3) Jan 31

Post by rickoshay »

After the big overtime win up at Hannibal, the Cadets are back in the friendly confines of The Fort.

They had a long stretch of road games (no home games in Jan.) so they should be hard to beat tonight.

I'll take FF by about ten.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Well FF won 62-30 the 1st time.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Good luck to the skins tonight.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Score please?

Poker nite out, didn't make game.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

54-34 fort frye won

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Anyone care to give a run-down of the game? Heard it was tied at half, and that Weichman and Smith had a good battle going on.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

First half was very competitive. It appeared Caldwell's strategy was to take away Fort's three scorers and make the other two (Lang and whomever was playing the other spot) beat them. It worked to perfection in the first half with the score tied up at 16. Like all good teams Fort came out firing on all cylinders in the third quarter. Lang stepped up and hit some big shots and a few second chance opportunities led to three balls. Fort scored 24 points in the third quarter to take a 15 point lead and Caldwell couldn't recover. Caldwell held Eddy to two points (free throws with a few minutes to go) and Weichman and Smith had a heck of a war going on. The difference in this game was simply Fort is an established program and Caldwell is still in the learning process. Fort Frye is an excellent team and Caldwell has nothing to be ashamed of after Tuesdays game, they gave a great effort.

Caldwell has played very well with the exception of the Barnesville game over the past three weeks. Coach has them going the right direction and the future looks bright with Weichman/Carpenter in the soph class, Harding/Baker/Leasure/Figel/Riski/McElfresh in the freshmen class and Clark/Heller/Lori/Ridenour in the 8th grade class. Would imagine that The two sophs, the first four freshmen listed and Clark and Heller will make up a very young but very talented varsity team next winter. They have a lot of improving to do but there is no question they will be given the means to do just that. Glad my son is getting a quality experience with the current coaching staff.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

The Redskins came in fired up and well-prepared, but Fort Frye adjusted at halftime and Caldwell didn't.

Return to “Boys Basketball”