Pioneer Valley Conf As Of Dec 14

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Pioneer Valley Conf As Of Dec 14

Post by EasternDspy »

1.Fort Frye 3-0 (2-0)- Still have not played up to potential but they will get better the more they play.Need to show they can win on the road. 2.Shenandoah 3-0(1-0)- Guess will find out if they are for real Friday
3.Buckeye Trail 3-1 (1-1) Nice win at Cald. 4.River 2-1(1-1) They have the edge over Caldwell for now. 5.Caldwell 1-3 (1-1) You can't keep losing games at home.6.MC 0-3 (0-3) They are a mess. 7.Frontier (0-1)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Pioneer Valley Conf As Of Dec 14

Post by EasternDspy »

Post your rankings

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

1. Fort Frye-most felt they would be here
2. Trail-For now they get this post, not sold though
3. Tie-Shenandoah/River/Caldwell-Along with trail these three are on even footing, very evenly matched.
6. Central
7. Frontier

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

1. Fort Frye-undefeated PVC season?
2. Buckeye Trail-good but can be better
3. Shenandoah/River-its a tie for me. i don't think doah is as good as their record shows and river has only won against the bottom feeders. caldwell could jump them.
5. Caldwell-time to get some extra work in and finish out those last few minutes of the game or else 6 wins tops.
6. MC-hate to see them like this after what they did last year.
7. Frontier-same as football?

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Just wanted to point out that Caldwell's non-league includes two games against St. Johns, one against Newcomerstown, one against Morgan, one against wood county, and another with Barnesville. All those teams are awful except Barnesville. At worst they win five of those, probably will get Barnesville the second time around, they won't shoot that poorly twice. They will beat Central the next time and Frontier twice. If they manage to lose every other game the worst they will do is 9 wins....personally see this as a 12-14 win team by seasons end.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye non conf games with Belpre,Warren, and Waterford help get them prepared for league play.

GreenMachine
Waterboy

Post by GreenMachine »

Shenandoah is a sleeper. I think they are better than people predicted.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Not sold, they are similar to everyone 2-5 range. They held on to beat Barnesville at home even though the 'Rocks sat their best player the first quarter. Had to come back to beat an awful Shadyside team at home by five. They went on the road and beat winless central even though they were tied through three. They are solid and well coached but not spectacular by any means. A lot like everyone else except Fort Frye.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

I'd have to agree with most of the rankings so far. You can talk about potential all you want, but gotta prove it on the court. By the end of the season, I think Caldwell can make a push for that 2 seed, but they've got to find some depth.

stylepoints101
Riding the Bench

Post by stylepoints101 »

this isnt caldwell's year. Harding is the best freshman in the pvc i have seen in awhile, but he's not ready to be a leader like the skins need. best freshman class in the league though. next year they will contend for 1st or 2nd .

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

stylepoints101 wrote:this isnt caldwell's year. Harding is the best freshman in the pvc i have seen in awhile, but he's not ready to be a leader like the skins need. best freshman class in the league though. next year they will contend for 1st or 2nd .
Not to sure about that. They'll be replacing every starter but weichman and two seniors on the bench. They have talent in the lower levels, but they'll be rather inexperienced next year. I could see them challenging the year after that though. Weichman will be a senior, the new ones will have a full year of varsity experience, and them you'll have the talent in the 8th grade class as sophomores, some which I could see getting a fair amount of minutes.

Black Mamba 24
Riding the Bench

Post by Black Mamba 24 »

1. Fort Frye
2. Buckeye Trail
3. Shenandoah
4/5. Caldwell/River depending on who wins tonight.
6. Monroe
7. Frontier

Black Mamba 24
Riding the Bench

Post by Black Mamba 24 »

I drain 3's wrote:
stylepoints101 wrote:this isnt caldwell's year. Harding is the best freshman in the pvc i have seen in awhile, but he's not ready to be a leader like the skins need. best freshman class in the league though. next year they will contend for 1st or 2nd .
Not to sure about that. They'll be replacing every starter but weichman and two seniors on the bench. They have talent in the lower levels, but they'll be rather inexperienced next year. I could see them challenging the year after that though. Weichman will be a senior, the new ones will have a full year of varsity experience, and them you'll have the talent in the 8th grade class as sophomores, some which I could see getting a fair amount of minutes.
I don't think Caldwell's year will be next year either. Losing 5 Seniors and Weichmen will be the only one returning with major Varsity experience. They will be talented and could be a dangerous team but there will be some talent in the PVC returning.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Shenandoah moves to 1 with a 5 victory at Beverly.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

shenandoah
fort frye
trail
river
caldwell
MC
frontier

buckcc
Freshman Team

Post by buckcc »

i need some scores from the pvc teams. dec.9 game shenandoah vs shadyside,dec.16 game frontier vs beallsville and dec.17 game frontier vs monroe cent. thanks for anyone that can help

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Maxpreps dot com

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Beallsville beat Frontier by around 10 or so. You might check www.timesleaderonline.com for past scores.

stylepoints101
Riding the Bench

Post by stylepoints101 »

I drain 3's wrote:
Caldwell's 8th grade are decent. Heller and number 25 or 23 (cant remeber his number) are good enough to play JV for caldwell. i like that their coach gives the younger players good playing time. i think caldwell will be better in 2 years than next year, but i ment that they will be on their way up to 3 or 4 in the pvc next year.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

It's nice to have some drama in the league this year. It gets boring having Fort Frye win the PVC year in and year out. After awhile, Cadet fans get cranky because wins don't have enough style points.

Return to “Boys Basketball”