Pioneer Valley Conf As Of Dec 14

I drain 3's
Varsity

Re: Pioneer Valley Conf As Of Dec 14

Post by I drain 3's »

stylepoints101 wrote:
I drain 3's wrote:
stylepoints101 wrote:this isnt caldwell's year. Harding is the best freshman in the pvc i have seen in awhile, but he's not ready to be a leader like the skins need. best freshman class in the league though. next year they will contend for 1st or 2nd .
Not to sure about that. They'll be replacing every starter but weichman and two seniors on the bench. They have talent in the lower levels, but they'll be rather inexperienced next year. I could see them challenging the year after that though. Weichman will be a senior, the new ones will have a full year of varsity experience, and them you'll have the talent in the 8th grade class as sophomores, some which I could see getting a fair amount of minutes.
Caldwell's 8th grade are decent. Heller and number 25 or 23 (cant remeber his number) are good enough to play JV for caldwell. i like that their coach gives the younger players good playing time. i think caldwell will be better in 2 years than next year, but i ment that they will be on their way up to 3 or 4 in the pvc next year.
You're probably thinking of Tanner Clark, younger brother of current JV coach Logan Clark. The future definitely looks bright for the Caldwell program.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

The Tanner Clark kid is outstanding, he is better then any of our freshmen right now (including my son). Heller kid is a nice player too. I think you will start seeing this years group of freshmen start to see some more time, they played an entire half against st. Johns Saturday (i know they are terrible) and maintained a 30 point lead for the most part. Caldwell has a tough one with Fort Frye and then goes to Shenandoah right after Christmas. If they manage a win in one of those two they will be fine, they get an easier part of their schedule starting in January, the tougher games are spread out and they have several very winnable non-league games plus frontier and central, they could get going.
As for next year, they will be insanely young, I see them playing two juniors, four sophomores, and two freshmen next winter on the varsity level. All very skilled and talented but still very, very young. Two years from now they will be unreal good.

stylepoints101
Riding the Bench

Post by stylepoints101 »

Shenandoah's talent pool runs dry in 2 years, and Caldwell's will egin to prosper. lol Zeps have no one 9th grade down.

Return to “Boys Basketball”