Riding the Bench

Re: River (2-1) @ Caldwell (1-4) Dec 16

Post by 3 for me »

Caldwell is 1-3 not 1-4.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Caldwell needs this one. They've played 3 tough opponents lately but unfortunately have nothing in the win column to show for it. Still confident in this team though, as I think they are capable of beating everyone they've played so far.

What's river like? I've heard a lot of talk from their side, but would like to hear an unbiased opinion on them.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Post game is nothing special.I think they will be good next year with a decent jr class.Cody Caldwell is a decent shooter kinda a chucker.Price is a nice player.They are in the same class with all the PVC teams othee then FF at the top and Fron at the bottom.This game is a coin flip.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

I think you could add central to the bottom conversation with Frontier, which to me is sad because they have talent. At least coach Kirkpatrick has a reason his team isn't good, they have little talent. Central should be a competitive team this winter and they are not at this point.
As for this game, I think we have two very evenly matched squads. Game will be tight and won in the fourth quarter if I had to guess. Caldwell has lost three games that they held fourth quarter leads in, couldn't finish it out. The three teams they played were all quality and they had their chances to win all three. I have a difficult time with last nights loss to trail, Caldwell played better and deserved to win but sometimes that happens I suppose. It appears River is getting more out of their team then many thought to this point. Looking forward to a good game on Friday.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

what is monroe's problem?

until caldwell can actually finish out a game, they might as well be in the lower half. only win to winless monroe.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

They lost a tight game to Beallsville, who along with Fort will be the best team on their schedule. Lost one to a Barnesville team they are clearly better then, just didn't make shots playing the second of a back to back after a tough one the night before and still had the chance to win at the end. As for last night, it is what it is. They have played three tough teams in a row and lost three close, tough games. They are playing well but have to finish, they will put it together. The only non-difficult team they have faced they crushed by 20 so I am confident they will get it rolling soon. Two more tough games Friday and next tuesday though before break, do get a cupcake @ St. Johns Saturday afternoon.
As for Monroe, they have poor coaching and no chemistry from what I saw. Also, heard they had some kids quit after the Caldwell game. Sad really.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

kinchen never really did anything in basketball though. but its is a shame he left

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

He actually played pretty well against Caldwell in the opener, he had 10 points and 10 boards. Might have been their best player that night. Was told River has some nice shooters and a decent big. We don't play Friday, might try and make the game.

chickem hawk 38
Riding the Bench

Post by chickem hawk 38 »

i think river bounces back and gets a nice win on the road by 10 get to 3-1

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

EasternDspy your fat wrote:river will win out in pvc play easternDspy. River is a bunch of studs. when ff comes to hannibal. an booty whippin is coming witch. and btw hahah ur fat, u eat wendy's for breakfast bicth
Please dont judge all River fans by this.

sportsfan
JV Team

Post by sportsfan »

Are there no rules for improper langage on this forum?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm tryin to keep up with it hellojerry ... seems to be a lot of immature behavior going on ... I try and read as many topics as possbile - but sometimes don't get to read all of them. Use the reporting function to notify moderators.

thx

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I still think Caldwell needs this game considering all the early season home games.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

redskinwitness wrote:They lost a tight game to Beallsville, who along with Fort will be the best team on their schedule.
you said before that they should easily beat beallsville. i highly doubt they are one of the best teams they will play.

Black Mamba 24
Riding the Bench

Post by Black Mamba 24 »

Caldwell must win this game. That being said, River is not just gonna give the game to them. River surrounds the perimeter and lets the big man run the middle. If they are hitting their shots, look out. Caldwell has been way too inconsistent thus far. They also are not getting any quality minutes from their bench. Caldwell needs the win more and I'm giving them the advantage. They come out with urgency and get the job done. Caldwell 62 River 56

Black Mamba 24
Riding the Bench

Post by Black Mamba 24 »

vigril wrote:
redskinwitness wrote:They lost a tight game to Beallsville, who along with Fort will be the best team on their schedule.
you said before that they should easily beat beallsville. i highly doubt they are one of the best teams they will play.
Saw Beallsville play twice now. They are undoubtedly one of the best teams in the area. Jarrett is for real. They have a really good team. I have not seen Fort Frye this year but know what they have. Those two are the best teams most PVC teams will play.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

I watched the game film with coach, witness is right, Beallsville is very good. They are as good or better then any MVL team I have seen this year. As for Caldwell being inconsistant, the way I take it the only game they didn't play well in was Barnesville, and it appeared they still should have won it. I agree with the assertion that their bench is lacking to say the least, hard to play only five players against good competition. They have had the lead in the fourth quarter of all three of the games they lost, according to coach they just wore down or in the case of the Barnesville game, were flat and didn't hit any open shots. I think they will be fine, sounds like they have another tough one tonight. Good luck.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

final?

chickem hawk 38
Riding the Bench

Post by chickem hawk 38 »

river 53 caldwell 38

Return to “Boys Basketball”