Barnesville (0-2) @ Caldwell (1-1) Dec 10

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Barnesville (0-2) @ Caldwell (1-1) Dec 10

Post by EasternDspy »

Cald (1-1) W Mc by 17,L Beallsville by 10. Barnesville(0-2) L Trail by 3 , L@ Doah by 3

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Barnesville (0-2) @ Caldwell (1-1) Dec 10

Post by EasternDspy »

Ill take Barnesville they will be hungry. Rocks 69 Skins 55

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Depends on which teams these two put on the floor. I've seen both once, Caldwell against Central, and Barnesville against Shenandoah. Caldwell lost to Beallsville last night by 10, and according to a lot of people, Beallsville will be one of the best teams Caldwell faces all year. They've got some quality players. Wasn't at the game, but talking to some that were, Caldwell definitely had their chances, but made to many mistakes in the fourth quarter. Couple players really had off games, which hurt them.

Watching Barnesville and Shenandoah, Barnesville has talent, but they don't play as a team. There wasn't a lot of ball movement on offense, and didn't exactly play stellar defense. They were sleep-walking until the 4th quarter. When they finally woke up, they looked like the team many expect them to be. If they play team ball, instead of being "me" first players, they can be pretty good. Should be a good one.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Dorman boys are very fast.Fitzpatrick when not in foul trouble is a beast.Kinda aggressive gets to many pushing fouls.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

If Caldwell comes out ready to play from the opening tip, I like their chances. Barnesville played 3 quarters of very selfish, un-interested basketball against Shenandoah, and if they do that again I think they'll leave Caldwell 0-3 on the season. If they play like they did in the 4th quarter, it'll be a lot tougher for Caldwell, but I still think they are capable. Barnesville doesn't exactly have stellar coaching either.

I'll go with:
Caldwell 61
Barnesville 55

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

What Chris Pack lol

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

I'm not sure the guy even did anything at the Shenandoah game. Just sat there and watched.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Thinking about heading up if my brother will put me on the pass list haha. He said Beallsville was a very good team, I know game was tied at end of three and they wore down. Interested to see what happens tonight. Not playing many kids and playing back to back is always tough.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Can I get some qt updates

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Caldwell came out flat....expected this after playing an intense ball game against a very good team the night before. Back and forth game but Caldwell ran out of gas in the last minute. Barnesville won 56-53. Caldwell shot the ball horribly. The one bright spot was point weichman who had around 20 again. Even on a bad night they should have won the ball game. Biggest problem is they need some help from their bench. I know the coach is reluctant to play a few of those youngsters but he virtually played five guys every minute friday night and six last night. The first five is very solid but they really have nothing unless they go to a freshman off the bench. I still must say say they are fun to watch and very nice team. JV squad (almost all freshmen) won again last night, they look better every night out.

GreenMachine
Waterboy

Post by GreenMachine »

It's too early in the season to be playing freshman in tight games. Say what you want but there is a huge difference between 8th grade & JV ball let alone varsity. Don't plan on seeing any freshman contribute big minutes until 10 games in or so. Not only do they need experience but they have to earn the respect of the 5-6 guys that do play for them to fit in & actually contribute.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

I understand that but I think just buying an extra minutes rest here and there would be a good idea most nights. Playing in close, intense games and only playing five (two other boys get around 2 minutes a game) is tough. Kids run out of gas.

And honestly, outside of the carpenter boy, the other sophs (excluding weichman of course) are not good enough to even dress, which is why you see four freshmen on the end of the varsity bench.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

I think by the end of the season you'll see a few of those freshman get a couple spot minutes here and there in the varsity games. If Caldwell wants to contend they need to find some depth.

Return to “Boys Basketball”