Waterboy

Re: Monroe Central @ Caldwell 12-2 Opener

Post by uncle-coozie »

Going to be a great match up..

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Haven't really heard much on MC coming into the season. Who do they have returning and how have they done in their scrimmages?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

MC starts 5 srs.Top returning guard is Jimmy Baker and top big is 6-6 big man Cj Wise.Ill take MC by 10.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Interesting opener.....was a very close game last year in Caldwell, skins' are much better, not sure Central is. I will take Caldwell in a tight one factoring in the family bias haha.

journeyman8675309
Riding the Bench

Post by journeyman8675309 »

If Central still has the same coaches they have had the past few years, then Caldwell should get an early W!

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Have to go with Caldwell in this one. They are improved from last season, and with home court advantage I think they'll be able to take down the Seminoles. The key will be staying out of foul trouble and getting a few solid minutes out of their few bench players.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

It depends on if Caldwell can put the pressure on Ring.Last season Hill ran the point.I don't think Ring can handle pressure.Jimmy Baker will be the best player on the court a 3 year starter and pure shooter.Can Sawyer guard Wise?Should be a good one.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Didn't get to see central last year, so not quite sure, but I wouldn't think here are to many players at PG that weichman would have trouble guarding. He's pretty quick, and in he scrimmage against new lex, thief PG was probably a good 3-4 inches taller and weichman still performed pretty well against him. Sawyer has the potential to be good. He's pretty athletic for as big as he is and has a nice shooting touch. Conditioning might be a factor with him though.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Weichman is talented and a quick guard.Plays good defense but his game is a little out of control.People are putting alot on this sophomores shoulders.I still think Chandler Lang is a better guard but he is FFs 4th option.I think after this year with the experience Weichman will catch Chan

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Spy, you obviously haven't seen him play since a year ago, not the same player. He is hands down the best soph in the PVC, you will see in the very near future. Talked to my brother tonight, he went to Barnesville to watch the preview. Said Barnesville was athletic but only had four quality players and that River didn't play very well. He said Beallsville looked good and Central has athletes as usual.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Chandler Lang is better you might not see it this year because Chan will have to play off the ball but when he is a Sr he will dominate this league.Over the Weich was just forcing way to much

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

EasternDspy wrote:Chandler Lang is better you might not see it this year because Chan will have to play off the ball but when he is a Sr he will dominate this league.Over the Weich was just forcing way to much
Over the what?

chickem hawk 38
Riding the Bench

Post by chickem hawk 38 »

mc needs to b able to shoot the ball, they lost to beallisville 32-25

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Over the summer Weichman would force issues and turn the ball over.Chandler Lang has dominated every level including AAU.You can't say Weichman is obviously better then Lang.

PvcBball
Freshman Team

Post by PvcBball »

What about Nixon from MC?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Nixon is a good player and only a soph

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Nixon is a nice soph, as is Lang. Spy, Lang has never and will never dominate any AAU game or tournament, that is a different brand and different level. Weichman played on a very high level AAU squad based out of the Zanesville/Newark and benefited a great deal from it. Curious as to when you saw Wiechman this summer? Was it when he was playing Shon Smith to a dead draw if not out playing him at team camp? My brother coaches him so I know a little about him and his development as they scrimmaged us this past summer and I've seen him on film this pre-season. He doesn't turn the ball over much and the best part of his game is his defense, though he is overly aggressive and tends to be foul prone at times. He is still a soph and I'm sure there will be growing pains, I know you are a great fan for the Cadets but Weichman is the best soph in the P.V.C.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Weichman is very good, he does foul a lot. Extreme quickness, can shoot and take it to the rack. Playing with four solid seniors is going to do nothing but help him this season. Heard the boys looked really good playing against Crooksville and Trimble last night. Hope that carries over to the season. I for one am really excited about the future for Caldwell. I forsee a back court next year of Weichman/Harding/Figel with Leasure/Baker in the post and playing Tanner Clark, Johnny Carpenter and a few others off the bench, very young but very, very talented.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Your not going to change my mind.Chandler scored 21 ppg jv last season.He is a better defender and haa a natural stroke.By his Sr year when he gets the opportunity he will be the stud of this league.He is just the 4th option right now.

Return to “Boys Basketball”