Monroe Central @ Caldwell 12-2 Opener

I drain 3's
Varsity

Re: Monroe Central @ Caldwell 12-2 Opener

Post by I drain 3's »

Better defender than weichman? I'll have to see this kid play before I make an assesment on that. Also, let's keep into consideration, weichman is probably the best player on Caldwell at creating his own shot, so he's prolly gout to draw teams best defenders. 4th options on the other hand, are usually not going against top notch defenders. Just something to consider. This season should be interesting.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Chandler Langs job this season is to guard the other teams best defender.His brother Mason is probably one of the leagues best defenders I have ever seen.Let's not punish Chan for being on the better team.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Weich played mostly Jv I think you guys are putting to much pressure on him.He is very talented and a nice kid tho.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

He played mostly JV because his coach knew that he needed to develop. How many times do you see a kid thrown to the wolves as a freshman not reach his full potential? We now have a coach, a rising program and talent in the soph/frosh/8th grade classes that will really do some things if they work hard. Don't sell this years team short either spy, you have seen nothing of them and they very well may surprise you. The great thing is we will get to see all of this play out on the court in the next month.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I have watched these boys play basketball for awhile.The thing they got going for them is that they have a young coach that wants to make them better.They do lose Sayre and Big Red.10-10 or 11-9

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

But you haven't seen them since last year. They are not the same kids, they actually have someone teaching them that knows what the hell he is doing rather than the incompetent sad excuses for coaches they've had in the past. These boys actually understand the game and have developed skills, he will put them in a situation to be successful.....and I fully expect them to compete with everyone in the P.V.C. this winter. Looking at their non-league schedule they play Newcomerstown, Morgan, Bellaire St. Johns twice, Wood County, Beallsville, and Barnesville twice. IMO, the only teams on that list that I could see beating them are Barnesville and Beallsville so at worst they are 5-3 non-league. They will beat River, Frontier and Shenandoah twice this year, also my opinion but I am very confident in it. So if they only win those games that's 11 wins. I feel like they are as good or better then Central and will not lie down for Trail or Fort Frye. I think 11 wins is the basement number for this team barring injury.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Chandler last yr in Jv he scored 21 on Caldwell in 2 qts being guarded by Weich
He said Weicg barely scored 8 in 3 qts

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

I'm hoping I can take in a Fort Frye game sometime soon, because i'd like to see this Lang kid play. I've seen Weichman in their recent scrimmages and have actually played against him quite a bit. For only a sophomore, i'd say he's pretty good. If their is anything that he needs to work on, it's becoming a more consistent outside shooter. But he's got quick hands, a high motor, and a pretty good knack for getting to the rim.

Don't forget that Crane didn't get hired last year till like June or July, so they didn't even get a full summer in under him before the season started. To be honest, they didn't really lose a whole lot. Morris could be a bit of a loss, but I believe he relied on his athleticism to score more than anything. Sayre, I believe, was also a first year player, and as a PG, I'm not sure I saw him take more than 2 dribbles at one time with his left hand. Very easy to defend.

Like others have said, this season should be very interesting. It's nice to have some drive and desire back in the Caldwell program.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

Dspy...how many points did lang have in the preview? he is good, but i really don't think he will be a factor in the league this year. by his senior year, he will be hands down one of the best in the league. the difference is that caldwell needs weichman now for their offense, defense, and get the water. lang is more there for defense as of now, but look for that to change in the future. IMO lang is the better one. but for now lets talk about MC at caldwell on the "MC at caldwell" thread.

I'm going with monroe in this one

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

redskinwitness...I've never seen you on the map until about 3 weeks ago. seems like the only reason you are here is because you now have a kid playing. That right there tells me you will never say anything bad about caldwell and will only give positives and try to say they will basically be a contender in the league. caldwell is not a basketball school. they will probably go 5-3 in the non-league. but they will probably split with river and frontier, lose both to trail mc and ff, and maybe win both with doah (haven't heard anything about them though). I'm guessing 9 wins at best. I know you will respond with something about the coach wanting to turn everything around. the fact is i just don't see it right now. maybe when the sophomores are seniors, then MAYBE they will be ok. I'm really tired of laughing about how people think they will compete in the PVC

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I have watched FF 3 times and Lang has did his share of scoring can't leave him open.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Virgil :) you are correct, I do have a son that is now a part of the high school program at Caldwell which I stated. As for supporting the program.....of course we are going to. This program was as low as low gets two years ago and we are excited about our coach and our future. I am realistic, I know this years varsity team has it's fair share of shortcomings, but they also have nice chemistry and a terrific young point guard. As for our future....we have six very good freshmen, the biggest and perhaps best of which is out for a few more weeks with pins in his wrist. Our 8th grade class is very strong with one player who may start varsity next year as a freshmen. I am of the opinion that small schools need loyal fans like all of us, we are no different then you, as your bias for your school is apparent as well. There is nothing wrong with that.

DSpy....stop throwing out stats, by this time next year Smith will have dropped 60 on West M in the sectionals last winter. He played a terrific game, he scored 35 and was in the zone....however, it wasn't Jordan in the finals, West M was a 10-10 team if I do recall. Smith also averaged 14 ppg not 17, I believe he will be the player of the year in the league this winter, quality basketball player. As for the Lang boy, JV ball means nothing, Wiechman played two quarters a night the first part of the year and one the second part of the year on a team that was not good at all, almost none of those kids are even in the program now. Lang is a nice player, we will see how they do soon. Good luck to the Cadets this weekend.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

a well overdue good luck for caldwell as well. even though i predict mc to win, there is nothing more that i would love to see than caldwell win against them.

Black Mamba 24
Riding the Bench

Post by Black Mamba 24 »

Big game for both teams. Huge PVC implications even though its the opener as I see Fort Fryes losses, if any in the conference, will be limited. I will take Caldwell by 15 with Jensen Croucher having a huge night. On the other side, Baker and Wise will get theirs, but not much help from anyone else.

J8fusl
Freshman Team

Post by J8fusl »

Vigril get I drain 3s to come play ball with us FF grads sometime. you bring other kids from up there.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

J8fusl wrote:Vigril get I drain 3s to come play ball with us FF grads sometime. you bring other kids from up there.
It'd be nice to set something like that up. I'm in Washington County on a pretty much daily basis.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

I drain 3's wrote:
J8fusl wrote:Vigril get I drain 3s to come play ball with us FF grads sometime. you bring other kids from up there.
It'd be nice to set something like that up. I'm in Washington County on a pretty much daily basis.
Lets all go to marietta college sometime and play

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Game day, good luck to my brother and his Caldwell Redskins tonight

GreenMachine
Waterboy

Post by GreenMachine »

Caldwell does have some talent coming up but I'm saying MC in this one. I think Caldwell could just use a few more games under their belt with the soph pg. Weich is good & I hope he lives up to the expectations that so many have for him but I think it is also a lot of pressure to put on a kid. He will only get better over the next 3 seasons but what would help him a lot would be to grow & put on some weight. I could see him at the size he is now getting pushed around a lot in the PVC. And the comment was made about the Harding kid playing varsity next season...same goes for him. Good shooter & ball handler but he is unfortunately just too small for varsity basketball.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Changing my pick Mc 44 Cald 47

Like Mc for the year Caldwell tonight at home

Return to “Boys Basketball”