Buckeye Trail (2-1) @ Caldwell (1-2) Dec 13

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Buckeye Trail (2-1) @ Caldwell (1-2) Dec 13

Post by EasternDspy »

Big game for Caldwell.It would hurt to start 1-3 when your 1st 4 games our at home.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Re: Buckeye Trail (2-1) @ Caldwell (1-2) Dec 13

Post by redskinwitness »

Agree 100%.....Caldwell lost to a very good Beallsville team in a great game Friday and just ran out of gas and shot horribly against Barnesville in a 3 point loss Saturday. Paper had them at 2/20 from three, Barnesville coach must have known something nobody else did, he didn't even have his boys guard Eli Svercek at the three point line and he couldn't buy a bucket, I wouldn't count on that happening very many times but it worked against a tired bunch of Redskins Saturday night. Coach needs to find more depth. I expect tomorrow night to be a tight game again, hopefully the 'Skins can come out on top. Their schedule, even though most are at home, is a meat grinder early.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Caldwell will need to stop Starr.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Good luck Caldwell. Big league game, 2 losses in league play would really put Trail behind in the league race early. Should be a good one.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Starr doesn't really worry me to much. Keep a hand up on the 3 point line and youve got a good chance of limiting him. Didn't drive to much against FF. Have to keep larrick off the boards and not let him get easy putbacks. Should be a good one. Gotta take Caldwell by 8.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Trail 22
Caldwell 20

Halftime

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Caldwell 35
Buckeye trail 29
End of 3

Theyve called one foul on trail so far.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Final
Trail 53
Caldwell 43

One of thee worst officiated games I have ever seen. It was a complete joke, and I would think anyone from trail would agree.

Bigcat99
Waterboy

Post by Bigcat99 »

How did each player break down for both teams?

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Caldwell led this game until three minutes to go despite being completely hosed by Scott Jerels officiating. I was a few rows behind the bench and actually heard him tell our coach that the defender doesn't have to be set to take a charge, wasn't even close, total joke. Foul total was 24-5 in favor of Trail. Both teams played half court man the entire game. Caldwell played without Wiechman most of the night, he was victimized by three of the worst foul calls I've ever seen in a high school game. Free throw line from my napkin stats had Caldell 3 of 4 and Trail 19 of 22. Patterson travels horribly with a minute and a half to go and a one point lead, no call and skins have to foul leading to the final score. I think Caldwell will get them the next time. Skins' are now 1-1 in the P.V.C and 1-3 overall, they have lost three tight games that they either led in or were tied in late in the game. They are putting it together.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

You gotta to find ways to win

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

it doesn't matter if they win the entire game until the last 5 minutes, because those 5 minutes are the most important. if they can't finish, they won't do anything in the league.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

I mean even if it were flipped in caldwells favor, I'd be upset about it still. Officials are supposed to be completely unbiased, and it was evident tonight that they were not. No team, anywhere, plays good enough and disciplined enough to legitly only foul 5 times in a game.

High school officials aren't the greatest and their are going to be nights when calls don't go your way, but this was a little excessive. Officials should let the players decide the game, not their whistles.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

i remember a few years ago, i was talking to an old girls coach that coached in the 90's and that was happening to him once. he said it finally stopped though, after he called a timeout, and looked at the ref and said "you are a horrible ref." He said after the technical foul, almost everything was called.

GreenMachine
Waterboy

Post by GreenMachine »

Time to stop making excuses & start playing better. Listened to a bit of this one on the radio & Wiechman was called for an offensive foul & then even the broadcasters (who are from Caldwell) said he fouled the very next play on purpose out of frustration. Seems this kid may lack some self-control. He has to understand he isn't helping his team sitting on the bench. Also showing that kind of attitude to officials makes for a bad reputation that won't just follow him this year but for the rest of his high school career.
Not sure I understand how this is the hardest part of Caldwell's schedule. They are playing a ton of home games & most of these teams they have to play again. These teams aren't going to be an easier to play later in the season on their home floors.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

I think by toughest part it simply means the vast number of games against quality opponents in a short period of time. They opened with Central then they jumped in and played Beallsville/Barnesville/Trail in a five day stretch. They play River Friday, get an easy one @ Bellaire St. Johns Central on Saturday then come back home with Fort Frye next Tuesday. These games are spread out over the second part of their schedule. When you are playing a limited number of kids the fatigue sets in.
As for the Weichman boy, he is young, only a sophomore. This is the first game he has been in foul trouble in through four games, he shoulders a lot of responsibility for a young player. He needs more help from his older, senior teammates. He will have his underclassmen moments, however, talking to my brother on the phone after the game last night, he said that the charge call on him was pretty bad. He will get smarter. As for making excuses and playing better.....from what I have been told they have played pretty well in three of their four games, Barnesville being the exception. That comes from their coach and I'd say he knows better then most how they are performing. I think he must be doing his job if we have people on here whining about them not finishing games out, considering they couldn't come within 30 of anyone two seasons ago.....whining fans usually means expectations, which also means progress haha.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

If their is one weakness to Weichman's game, it's that he plays very aggressively, sometimes too aggressive. That charge call on him though, was the one where the ref told Crane that the defensive player doesn't have to be set to take a charge. Did the rulebook change and i'm not aware of it? I'd be pretty frustrated after that to, but yes, despite the bad calls, you've got to keep your head.

journeyman8675309
Riding the Bench

Post by journeyman8675309 »

greenmachine wrote:Time to stop making excuses & start playing better. Listened to a bit of this one on the radio & Wiechman was called for an offensive foul & then even the broadcasters (who are from Caldwell) said he fouled the very next play on purpose out of frustration. Seems this kid may lack some self-control. He has to understand he isn't helping his team sitting on the bench. Also showing that kind of attitude to officials makes for a bad reputation that won't just follow him this year but for the rest of his high school career.
Not sure I understand how this is the hardest part of Caldwell's schedule. They are playing a ton of home games & most of these teams they have to play again. These teams aren't going to be an easier to play later in the season on their home floors.

VERY WELL SAID! The refs do not make you commit stupid fouls or take stupid shots!!

Black Mamba 24
Riding the Bench

Post by Black Mamba 24 »

It was the worst officiated game I have seen for awhile. Caldwell is not the same team when either Weichmen or Croucher is not on the floor. Other players from Caldwell need to step it up if they want to be a contender in the PVC. Caldwell and Trail are pretty even teams but Trail has an edge now winning on the road.

Black Mamba 24
Riding the Bench

Post by Black Mamba 24 »

journeyman8675309 wrote:
greenmachine wrote:Time to stop making excuses & start playing better. Listened to a bit of this one on the radio & Wiechman was called for an offensive foul & then even the broadcasters (who are from Caldwell) said he fouled the very next play on purpose out of frustration. Seems this kid may lack some self-control. He has to understand he isn't helping his team sitting on the bench. Also showing that kind of attitude to officials makes for a bad reputation that won't just follow him this year but for the rest of his high school career.
Throw out whatever you heard on the radio. All those two do is bash high school kids from both teams.

Return to “Boys Basketball”