Portsmouth Trojans 2023-24

Prime Time
S

Re: Portsmouth Trojans 2023-24

Post by Prime Time »

Not suprising with a top tier Coach. Coach Lisath is one of top talent developers in the State of Ohio. Look at his resume, winner wherever he goes and he demands 100 percent and kids love him. Portsmouth should be honored to have him as Head Basketball Coach.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

All I'm going to say is that the Trojans will have a much different look than what was projected at the end of this past season. Wasn't feeling particularly optimistic at that time, but now that optimism is back. There is a possibility that PHS could end up a D4 school now that the 7 division system will be in place for 2024-25. Before all this, the Trojans were a projected D5 school, but only 7 boys from D4.

On another note, I figured out the math that if Portsmouth did not win a single game for the next 30 years, our all time record would still be .500. Amazing stat.

The Trojans are scheduled to go to the Rio Grande Shootout on Sat.June 15, and then will play in the Shawnee State Shootout at the end of the month.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

trojandave wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:52 am All I'm going to say is that the Trojans will have a much different look than what was projected at the end of this past season. Wasn't feeling particularly optimistic at that time, but now that optimism is back. There is a possibility that PHS could end up a D4 school now that the 7 division system will be in place for 2024-25. Before all this, the Trojans were a projected D5 school, but only 7 boys from D4.

On another note, I figured out the math that if Portsmouth did not win a single game for the next 30 years, our all time record would still be .500. Amazing stat.

The Trojans are scheduled to go to the Rio Grande Shootout on Sat.June 15, and then will play in the Shawnee State Shootout at the end of the month.
Aren't the divisions locked in as of now regardless of who comes in after the recent count?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

FalconFever02: After reading the guidelines for the new divisions for next season, I believe you are correct in your statement, with the exception being that there are some schools that could opt into D1 based on the passing of a referendum. Obviously, that won't affect anybody in the SE district.

So right now it looks like PHS will stay D5.

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

This year's divisions are figured from last year's count.. next year's from this coming year.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

How did the Trojans look this past weekend with the new additions?

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

I didn't go to the Rio Grande Shootout, but my source told me that the varsity Trojans went 3-1, losing to S.Webster, then beat Cabell Midland, Fairland, and Coal Grove. Good showing considering that PHS was playing some new additions that haven't had much time playing together. The JV Trojans went 1-2.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Trojandave I saw Fairland play at the Ashland Summer league. Buchanan had half their points and Ashland handled them pretty easy. The Peake played and beat Russell and Lucasville Valley. They will play at Marshall Fri. and Sat.

Return to “Boys Basketball”