What is going on at River Valley now?

tubby
Varsity

Re: What is going on at River Valley now?

Post by tubby »

Prep Expert wrote:Phil was on the school board when the district consolidated. Rv had invites from the seoal and tvc. The tvc was the league that fit rv. He pushed for rv to be in the seoal so they could play gallia academy. That worked out real well for rv. Rv has won about 3 times in basketball against gallia academy and was 1-10 in football against gallia. They also had an 0-40 streak in football and playing against seoal opponents contributed to that. He has ran terrible youth leagues that has crippled the program. My hope is that this guy has nothing to do with the new hire. No sarcasm with this post.
^^^^^^^
But this should answer your question kidsarewhatmatters.Btw, what is your definition of competitive?

kidsarewhatmatters
Riding the Bench

Post by kidsarewhatmatters »

Tubby wrote:
Prep Expert wrote:Phil was on the school board when the district consolidated. Rv had invites from the seoal and tvc. The tvc was the league that fit rv. He pushed for rv to be in the seoal so they could play gallia academy. That worked out real well for rv. Rv has won about 3 times in basketball against gallia academy and was 1-10 in football against gallia. They also had an 0-40 streak in football and playing against seoal opponents contributed to that. He has ran terrible youth leagues that has crippled the program. My hope is that this guy has nothing to do with the new hire. No sarcasm with this post.
^^^^^^^
But this should answer your question kidsarewhatmatters.Btw, what is your definition of competitive?
So now Carters 0-44 was Phils fault LOL. By "competitive" I men not a last place league team every year for example I know RV was pretty close to .500 in basketball and football many times the first several years the school was formed. I will say that RVs competitiveness waned after South Gallia was formed and when you combine that fact with South Gallia having had good success in sports it stands to reason that played a role in RVs decline. The question would be WHY?

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

You're putting words in my mouth. I never said it was Phil's fault. I think being in the SEOAL played a part in that. Along with losing a few extra athletes when SG opened. Those SEOAL teams were just better than what RV had to offer...even before SG opened. That league was tough.

kidsarewhatmatters
Riding the Bench

Post by kidsarewhatmatters »

Tubby wrote:You're putting words in my mouth. I never said it was Phil's fault. I think being in the SEOAL played a part in that. Along with losing a few extra athletes when SG opened. Those SEOAL teams were just better than what RV had to offer...even before SG opened. That league was tough.
I'm not trying to argue just a friendly debate. I personally think that RV should go independant for a few years and pick their own opponents so they can learn to win then try to find the proper league.

So who will be the new coach? Stephens?

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Howell from SG!!!

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

Lol why would Howell leave s.g. for rv he's almost assured a shot at getn back to the convo with the kids he has coming back. Why would u wanna go to a d3 school and b delt a tournament hand that is as brutal as they come. He's coaching at a d4 school with d4 talent now and winning why go to a d3 school and try to compete with d4 athletes that's an uphill battle for ne one to walk into.

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Judge and Jury wrote:Lol why would Howell leave s.g. for rv he's almost assured a shot at getn back to the convo with the kids he has coming back. Why would u wanna go to a d3 school and b delt a tournament hand that is as brutal as they come. He's coaching at a d4 school with d4 talent now and winning why go to a d3 school and try to compete with d4 athletes that's an uphill battle for ne one to walk into.
Good points judge. I couldn't agree with you more. He would be leaving a community that fully supports him for a community that gives little to no support.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

kidsarewhatmatters wrote:
Tubby wrote:You're putting words in my mouth. I never said it was Phil's fault. I think being in the SEOAL played a part in that. Along with losing a few extra athletes when SG opened. Those SEOAL teams were just better than what RV had to offer...even before SG opened. That league was tough.
I'm not trying to argue just a friendly debate. I personally think that RV should go independant for a few years and pick their own opponents so they can learn to win then try to find the proper league.

So who will be the new coach? Stephens?

:lol:

Purple&Yellow Pride
Freshman Team

Post by Purple&Yellow Pride »

Recently there was a Caldwell siting at the school and it wasn't Howdee. Heard Junior is upset that the Hocking division won't split up, like his administration promised him they had enough swing to get done. Therefore he can't play many non league games, so he is jumping to the Ohio division. Unless we find a way to get rid of Trimble and Wahama, Coach Caldwell may very well be done in racine. Anyone have any thoughts? can the boys at Toms Butcher Shop throw together enough money to bribe the red scourge teams to leave us alone.

JUST MY THOUGHTS GUYS! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

Caldwell is 15-2 against Trimble. As usually your posts are all BS

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Hardwood wrote:Caldwell is 15-2 against Trimble. As usually your posts are all BS

Really? How many years has Junior been at Southern? Doesn't really matter now with Dad taking the Trimble job. Things will start going further south for Junior as long as he is in the Hocking. Makes sense to me that he wants to move on. :mrgreen:

Return to “Boys Basketball”